talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alex Iwobi - Everton Complete Signing

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Probably a disposable player now that Pepe's signed? It hints that Auba might be played on the wing though which is odd as I've always seen him as a #10 out-and-out striker.

Yeah, I just dont understand why hed not even want him in the squad? Unless like said above, it's for financial reasons? 

Wierd.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I honestly think he was ultimately sacrificed to balance the books. We were desperate to get rid of Mustafi and Mkkhitaryan to clear some wage and bring in some cash, but no fucker wants them. Not to mention Ozil's horrendous deal will still hold us back for a couple of seasons and Elneny still needs to be moved on. Unfortunately these immovable assets will kill us for a while yet. 

How much time is left on all of their deals?

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How much time is left on all of their deals?

Mustafi, Ozil, Mkhitaryan all have 2 years. Elneny signed a new deal last year so I imagine he has at least 3 or 4, although I'm hoping he gets moved on this summer. I think Ozil and Mkhitaryan will run their deals down, unless they fancy a move to the MLS or China next summer. We've tried to sell Mustafi every season since we brought him, but there has never been any substantial interest and he is always intent on staying. 

Basically Ivan Gazidis fucked us the bald-headed twat and we will be in a rebuild for at least a few more seasons.

9 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Mustafi, Ozil, Mkhitaryan all have 2 years. Elneny signed a new deal last year so I imagine he has at least 3 or 4, although I'm hoping he gets moved on this summer. I think Ozil and Mkhitaryan will run their deals down, unless they fancy a move to the MLS or China next summer. We've tried to sell Mustafi every season since we brought him, but there has never been any substantial interest and he is always intent on staying. 

Basically Ivan Gazidis fucked us the bald-headed twat and we will be in a rebuild for at least a few more seasons.

It'll always be hard to sell Mustafi. He's an abysmal defender, but he came at a pretty high price and he's probably on wages far too high for a defender that's so shite.

Archived