talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Climate Change

football forum

On 19/08/2022 at 10:41, Beelzebub said:

The first city they show is Düsseldorf, my home. :o 

And yea, the Rhine here is as low as it has never been before. The only interesting thing is about all the stuff resurfacing in the dried parts. Last week they found a tombstone that was missing since 2005. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The first city they show is Düsseldorf, my home. :o 

And yea, the Rhine here is as low as it has never been before. The only interesting thing is about all the stuff resurfacing in the dried parts. Last week they found a tombstone that was missing since 2005. 

Hunger stones are particularly of interest to me. So eery and spine-chilling to see those warnings about droughts and famines from centuries long gone.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Hunger stones are particularly of interest to me. So eery and spine-chilling to see those warnings about droughts and famines from centuries long gone.

I must admit that I had never heard of them before. Fascinating. :o 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunger_stone#Known_hunger_stones

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I must admit that I had never heard of them before. Fascinating. :o 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunger_stone#Known_hunger_stones

The one in Czechia with the inscription "Wenn du mich siehst, dann weine" has been making rounds in the social media lately, even if it's a picture taken a few years ago. Very ominous 😅

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fbanp1sXwAQwN06?format=jpg&name=small

Giant inland lake seen from satellite because of the heaviest floods in the country's history. Floods were normal due to glaciers melting every year ( we have the most after the polar region ) but they are now melting more than usual due to climate change and this year there were more than usual rains as well. 

It's a shame heavy rains like this cannot be captured to be spread elsewhere where needed, plenty of places are still in drought. 

I caught a Simon Reeve documentary yesterday and he was with South American rain forest people.

Their land was being illegally logged and like most indigenous groups all think the planet will respond in some unexpected ways. 

They blamed their white brothers although not so sure in these days it is the West suspect it might be poor Brazillians doing it to meet Chinese demand.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2022 at 12:46, Beelzebub said:

FeH0ujEWYAE-iH0?format=jpg&name=small

It would block out the Sun for a number of years and that's the only thing that warms or cool's our planet as it goes through it's natural cycles. Sol is currently heading towards a solar maximum (global warming) which will peak in 2025 then in a few decades will  go into a solar minimum and the planet will cool again

There is no man made climate crisis: Tom Harris

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Wow 1

Had a conversation with a climate change denier. He was complaining about the clean air zones being introduced. It's amazing how people will deny something is happening because it inconveniences them. He also said he spoke to a scientist who said it wasn't real. I pointed out to him that around 97% of climate scientists disagree with him. Can't remember what he said then

On 22/10/2022 at 14:46, Gunnersaurus said:

Had a conversation with a climate change denier. He was complaining about the clean air zones being introduced. It's amazing how people will deny something is happening because it inconveniences them. He also said he spoke to a scientist who said it wasn't real. I pointed out to him that around 97% of climate scientists disagree with him. Can't remember what he said then

would environmental preservation not be better suited to trying to get India and China to comply with cleaner emission policies rather the  target the rest of the world which has reduced harmful gases, started to use chemicals that are good for restoration of the atmosphere?   

surely more can be done that side

On 28/10/2022 at 07:19, OrangeKhrush said:

would environmental preservation not be better suited to trying to get India and China to comply with cleaner emission policies rather the  target the rest of the world which has reduced harmful gases, started to use chemicals that are good for restoration of the atmosphere?   

surely more can be done that side

China's carbon emissions per capita aren't much higher than Britain's. India's are lower. All countries have to do more. 

On 30/06/2022 at 08:49, Beelzebub said:

Do humans have a net positive or negative effect on the planet ?

Negative I would imagine. Probably every species would be better of without us. The problem a lot of the time is people like @Happy Blue overestimating their own knowledge and thinking they know more than experts. Its a sign of low intelligence.

9 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Negative I would imagine. Probably every species would be better of without us. The problem a lot of the time is people like @Happy Blue overestimating their own knowledge and thinking they know more than experts. Its a sign of low intelligence.

You don't get in the SAS with low intelligence, i know more about how the world works then you ever will. climate change is about control, look what they are doing in China, the end goal is depopulation but this isn't the place for real world stuff, bet you think Putin is the bad guy right? 🤣 you don't have a clue mate

12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You don't get in the SAS with low intelligence, i know more about how the world works then you ever will. climate change is about control, look what they are doing in China, the end goal is depopulation but this isn't the place for real world stuff, bet you think Putin is the bad guy right? 🤣 you don't have a clue mate

You've clearly got issues from being in the sas. A lot of people come out the army and have trauma. You really think that all these experts are all lying?

Edited by Gunnersaurus

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yes, its about control and lowering the population, this isn't the place for this stuff though

Ridiculous comment. Getting that many people to all lie is less likely than climate change just being real. You've proven you can't think rationally so no point having a discussion with you.

4 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Ridiculous comment. Getting that many people to all lie is less likely than climate change just being real. You've proven you can't think rationally so no point having a discussion with you.

The climate changes naturally depending what cycle that big star above us is in, it's not the cows farting lol, it's nothing man is doing as proved over the 2 year lockdown and the history of the earth but you don't need to get it, the people that matter no what's going on you just carry on about your day, you don't need to get it

9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

The climate changes naturally depending what cycle that big star above us is in, it's not the cows farting lol, it's nothing man is doing as proved over the 2 year lockdown and the history of the earth but you don't need to get it, the people that matter no what's going on you just carry on about your day, you don't need to get it

Climate change happens over thousands of years not hundred or so. You cant even get the basics right but you are telling all the experts they are wrong. Its just arrogance 

Edited by Gunnersaurus