talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kevin Trapp Re-Signs for Frankfurt

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trapp is an excellent goalkeeper and I disagree with nudge, the transfer fee was just under 10 million Euros, which is a bargain for a super goalkeeper like Trapp. I am not sure of the details of his wages, they may be high, but overall, this is a brilliant transfer. Trapp is a top class goalkeeper and Frankfurt have done well to secure his services permanently. Trapp only just turned 29, which is relatively young for a goalkeeper. It seems like Frankfurt will have another succesful season after some very astute signings that they have made.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Michael said:

Trapp is an excellent goalkeeper and I disagree with nudge, the transfer fee was just under 10 million Euros, which is a bargain for a super goalkeeper like Trapp. I am not sure of the details of his wages, they may be high, but overall, this is a brilliant transfer. Trapp is a top class goalkeeper and Frankfurt have done well to secure his services permanently. Trapp only just turned 29, which is relatively young for a goalkeeper. It seems like Frankfurt will have another succesful season after some very astute signings that they have made.

Welcome to the forums!

Sure, Trapp is a top class goalkeeper and 7-9 million is not exactly a lot of money in football these days... I've read he's on a 4 million salary at Frankfurt (just behind Rebic who's the best paid player with 4.5 million apparently) so was just wondering - but then I forgot that Frankfurt made around 100 million this summer so they can surely afford it haha.

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Welcome to the forums!

Sure, Trapp is a top class goalkeeper and 7-9 million is not exactly a lot of money in football these days... I've read he's on a 4 million salary at Frankfurt (just behind Rebic who's the best paid player with 4.5 million apparently) so was just wondering - but then I forgot that Frankfurt made around 100 million this summer so they can surely afford it haha.

Thanks for the welcome. This does seem like an excelllent formum for football discussion. 

Yeah, I think that in today's transfer market, 7-9 million Euros for a classy goalkeeper who just turned 29 last month is a bargain. Sure, those wages are quite high for a club like Frankfurt, but you have to pay the right wages for special players like Trapp. 

Yes, Frankfurt have earned a huge amount of money by selling players like Haller and Jovic, so yeah, I am sure the club can afford Trapp's wages. We've done well to fully buy many of the key players who were on loan with us last season and who guided us to the semis of the Europa League.  Trapp, Kostic, Hinteregger and Rode were key players in our teams success last season, so it's great to see them sign long term contracts with us. Of the other new signings, I also think that Sow, Kohr, Joveljic and even Durm(if he can stay injury free) can do a good job. Zalazar is one for the future.

I am still hopeful that we will buy one more striker though. I am not sure if we will, Joveljic and Paciencia look good, but I am not convinced with what I have seen of Kamada. We still have a lot of money left and I would like us to buy one more quality striker. Then I would be very happy with the summer transfer dealings, despite losing Haller and Jovic.

On 09/08/2019 at 02:08, nudge said:

I've read he's on a 4 million salary at Frankfurt (just behind Rebic who's the best paid player with 4.5 million apparently) 

Meanwhile no one at Fortuna earns wages above 1 Mio. apparently. 

2tfqlx.jpg

Archived