talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Watford Discussion

• Subscriber

(Can't find a Watford thread?.)

Amazing this guy has been through the ropes, did well at United and I really thought he could make it, then he was sold to Arsenal and now Watford have him on a freebie, but he is very injury prone nowadays.

Best of luck Danny and I hope you stay uninjured and hit it off at Watford. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Stan said:

Never rated him as high as some others do. 42 goals in 206 games for a striker? 

Decent enough as a back up but not a regular player. 

To be fair, he's probably played 127 of those games with one leg, an arm in a sling and a neck brace on.

• 3 months later...
On 01/12/2019 at 11:01, Fairy In Boots said:

Madness really with the timing of it, he’s had 3 months to asses the squad establish what’s needed in Jan and they want start again so it will be panic buys in Jan. 

Manager doesn’t buy the players at Watford, just comes in trains them and sends them out on a matchday. They will have targets identified that they will go for whether he’s there or not. I know a lot clubs managers are involved with the DoFs when signing players but Watford is such a merrygoround that there’s no way that can be the case

Ive never been against Watford’s model, their managerial changes normally work and the players are used to the quick turnaround. But this appointment and sacking seems like a real fuck up, if they have no faith in him then fair play they’ve acted quickly but 2 managers in one season causes disruption, 3 managers is a nightmare. The next one needs to be spot on if they want to stay up, whenever I’ve seen them they just play hoofball dross so they wouldn’t be a miss to this division I don’t think...seems like to someone who hasn’t paid attention to their league record that the high of last seasons FA Cup final has probably taken the wind out of their sails...similar happened to Stoke didn’t it?

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Delighted to see Nigel Pearson back in the game, probably my favourite personality in football.

You being sarcastic?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You being sarcastic?

He's a great personality. People think he's dour and boring but read some articles on him and he's actually a very funny, dry-witted humorous person. Got a lot of character and uniqueness about him. 

I think this could be a good call by Watford IF they are patient with him. If you look at him time with us, he was given time to put his stamp on the club - get rid of players who didn't fit the mould and get ones in with a winning mentality. He set the foundations for future success. Watford don't strike me as a club with patient owners so it could be interesting to see how this one pans out. Even if they go down they should stick with him. Sometimes take a step back to go forward again... 

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

The way he used to deal with some of the inane questions from BBC humberside had me nearly in tears with laughter while he was here. A very funny man and I mean that sincerely, we need more dry humour in football. 

the 'you are an ostrich' moment is one of my favourite moments of his time with us:

xD 

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

No absolutely love the man, the total opposite of most media whore managers.

That's fair mate. I just thought you were being sarcastic

• Subscriber

Can't believe he's back in the Premier League. I'll be gutted if they go down now.

I'm not sure this is the answer for keeping them up but... Pearson got the ball rolling for this era at Leicester. For that I am forever grateful and wish him success everywhere he goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived