16.Aston Villa

17. Sheffield Utd

18.Newcastle

19. Brighton

20.Norwich

• Administrator
On 07/08/2019 at 22:48, ...Dan said:

This hasn't been done yet, has it? If yes, delete this. If no, I'm shocked xD

The season starts in two days, how do you see it finishing?

Season will be stopped with not much left of it remaining. Probably due to some virus becoming a global pandemic, not sure what exactly though :what:

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought I'd done it but maybe not! 

1. Man City

2. Liverpool 

3. Tottenham 

4. Arsenal 

5. Man Utd 

6. Chelsea

7. Leicester 

8. Wolves

9. Everton 

10. West Ham

11. Bournemouth 

12. Watford 

13. Aston Villa 

14. Burnley 

15. Sheff Utd 

16. Southampton 

17. Newcastle 

18. Brighton 

19. Crystal Palace 

20. Norwich 

Surprised you have gone for palace going down

• Subscriber

1. City

2. Liverpool

3. Spurs

4. Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Man City

7. Everton

8. Leicester

9. Wolves

10-16. Who cares, can't even remember all the other teams.

17. Crystal Palace

18. Brighton

19. Norwich

20. Sheffield United

Interesting that most are going for arsenal to get fourth. I think it's more to do with the state Utd and Chelsea are in than us being better

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

1. City

2. Liverpool

3. Spurs

4. Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Man City

7. Everton

8. Leicester

9. Wolves

10-16. Who cares, can't even remember all the other teams.

17. Crystal Palace

18. Brighton

19. Norwich

20. Sheffield United

You have man city twice :D

• Subscriber
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

You have man city twice :D

Yeah, that other club are going to be so shit again this season that they're going to change their name to Man City and hope nobody notices so that good players might want to sign for them next summer.

You've heard it here first.

1. Liverpool

2. Man City

3. Tottenham

4. Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Leicester

7. Everton

8. Man Utd

9. West Ham

10. Wolves

11. Southampton

12. Bournemouth

13. Burnley

14. Watford

15. Brighton

16. Aston Villa

17. Crystal Palace

18. Newcastle

19. Sheffield Utd

20. Norwich

1/2 - City/Liverpool, City obviously have the upper hand with the strength in depth... but if we can run them all the way again maybe we can win it (please let us win it)

3 - Tottenham

4 - Arsenal, I think they'll edge out Man Utd and Chelsea but it'll be close

5/6 - Man Utd/Chelsea, for me this one is a tough call. Man Utd spent a lot of money to improve their defense, and I think the players they've brought in will substantially improve their defense. I still think they have issues in midfield that need addressing and I'm not sure they've done that by bringing in a new winger. Chelsea in transition but without the ability to register new players... I think that could prove to be a challenge, especially after having just lost Hazard.

7 - Everton. For me, they should be aiming to knock out one someone from the top 6 - especially with the amount of investment thrown into the side this season and they've made some pretty significant improvements on paper so they should be much better. But until we see it pan out, I can't move them up into that top 6. On the evidence we've got, they're probably "the best of the rest" and imo the goal for them this season is to prove that by getting top 6.

8 - Wolves. The side that I think have the next best argument for being "best of the rest" which might be a bit harsh on my #9...

9 - Leicester. They've got a good squad, but I think they'll have a few defensive issues as they get used to life without Maguire and they're a bit light in depth in key areas where the backups just aren't going to keep up with the levels of the normal starters.

10 - West Ham. They've got a good manager and a decent side, I don't think they're as good as any of the sides I've listed above them. And I think they're better than the sides listed below them. So 10th for them.

11 - Southampton - not gonna bother with adding sentences anymore until the promoted teams pop up

12 - Watford

13 - Burnley

14 - Bournemouth

15 - Crystal Palace

16/17 - Norwich/Aston Villa - one of these sides ran away with the Championship last year, the other came up through the playoffs and then spent a shitload of money to strengthen. I think they'll both stay up, I imagine Norwich will hit the ground running quicker but taper off as the season goes on. I expect Villa to be pretty inconsistent at first and then suddenly click at the end of the season. Don't ask me why, that's just how I feel about it based on the summer's they've had. I can't separate them though, but I think they both stay up.

18 - Brighton - this is more hopeful than anything. Brighton are shit and most of the time I watch them it physically pains me, so I hope they go down because as far as I can tell they don't offer much in the way of entertainment.

19 - Newcastle - I wanted to put them in last place to be honest, but that might be harsh. But Steve Bruce is a shit manager, he's got a depleted squad with players I don't even know if he knows signed for him, that have been punching above their weight because of Rafa. I can't see them not going down, I think they'll hardly put up a fight all season tbh. Prove me wrong Bruce, you dumb fat headed cunt.

20 - Sheffield United - this might be harsh on them, because they were apparently very good in the Championship last season. But I've seen clips of how they've got overlapping CBs and I just think "against quicker sides that press better, they'll get murdered on the counter." And now they'll be in a league with quicker sides that press better, so I think if they stick with that tactic they're in for a rough ride.

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. spurs

4. United

5. Arsenal 

6. Leicester 

7. Everton 

8. Chelsea 

9. Villa

10. Wolves

11. West Ham 

12. Watford

13. Bournemouth 

14. Southampton 

15. Sheffield United 

16. Newcastle 

17. Palace 

18. Norwich 

19. Burnley

20. Brighton 

• Subscriber

1. Manchester City - Simply too good for the others and I expect to be a bit more one sided than last year as well. They have gotten 100 and 98 points in the last two seasons and I think even despite the Sane injury they will be fine to repeat the trick, and have strengthened despite this. I expect there to be a phase where people panic that English football is becoming a bit one sided.

2. Liverpool - They will be very good again but I don't think they'll keep it quite as tight this year. Haven't really strengthened at all either and I'd say there's a decent chance they lose one of their front three to injury for a while whilst still not really having brilliant cover. Says it all that Man City can lose Sane and take the hit whereas a Liverpool equivalent could really hurt them I think. I could see them getting about 90 points which is excellent but won't be enough.

3. Tottenham - Easiest pick in the league. They're comfortably better than everyone bar the top two in my eyes but are a bit of a way off those too. Ndombele wll prove to be one of the signings of the summer.

4. Arsenal - Amazingly only around two weeks ago I saw Arsenal as genuinely catchable for us, but they have pulled a few really good signings out of the hat late on and for me will capitalise on a weakened Chelsea and shambolic Manchester United. They will still throw some absolute howlers, inevitably will lose twice on the South Coast, but their home form will see them through this and whilst Luiz may not solve all of their problems, I do think even at his age he's an improvement.

5. Chelsea - For me, the hardest team to call in the league. They could totally click under Lampard and get themselves into the Champions League with their youth talents coming even better than anyone thought, or they could totally flunk it in midtable with a manager out of his depth, largely backed by sentimental reasons with a squad that's just lost it's best player and has frequently relied on him for creativity. 

6. Manchester United - Solskjaer will not see Christmas. Out of his depth and will not turn it around. Their defence looks improved from last year but you cannot play down losing Lukaku with a virtually untested replacement. Rashford and Sanchez both need to have good seasons or they're going to be in danger. I think they'll be around midtable at Christmas again and a new manager will come in and save things somewhat but ultimately, their deepest issues haven't been fixed. Mess.

7. Everton - I think Gueye is a bit loss but I'm calling Gbamin to be a success. I think they improved a lot towards the end of last season and that this year they're going to have a decent season, although not without the odd howler of a result. I feel there will be very, very little between Everton and Leicester actually.

8. Leicester City - Am I selling us short? We've got plenty outside of Leicester backing us to finish in the top six and I feel like while it's not beyond the realms of possibility, we haven't strengthened quite enough to do it. I don't think Leicester have made any poor additions but I think we simply needed a bit more and are potentially short at centre half (though I respect why and will not slate the club much on this one) and don't quite have the attacking options to land the goals I was hoping we'd score. Still though, I think 6th, 7th and 8th will actually be quite tight this time and both Leicester & Everton will spend some time in the top six this season. Rodgers is a very interesting coach though and is capable of upsetting the odds, which is possibly giving us the edge over our rivals.

9. Wolves - I think Europe will probably affect them a little and they will last for a while in it (providing they don't go out against Torino which is a huge banana skin for me). I likewise feel that they haven't made poor additions, but they haven't strengthened much from last year - though it's worth pointing out that unlike Leicester and Everton, Wolves haven't lost a key player.

10. West Ham United - I found the odds on teams to come 7th bizarre when I saw West Ham were out at around 11/1. I do have them in 10th, but do not think they are much behind the others if at all and I wouldn't be shocked if they came above us. They're always prone to a howler run but they have some good players in that side now and have strengthened pretty well again for me.

11. Southampton - Dark horse to have a good season after two very poor ones. I think they've got a good coach in and they will be well clear of a relegation battle this season.

12. Watford - Watford often get unfairly written off as relegation candidates but I think a strong season last year is probably going to put paid to that (which means they'll probably go xD) but I think they're a well organised team and will be happy enough to consolidate. I'm also annoyed they got Sarr, I thought he'd be ideal for us.

13. Burnley - Will be a solid side this year. Dyche for all his critics knows how to get results from this side. I wouldn't actually put it past them to finish in the top half. Their second half season form last year should not be ignored.

14. Bournemouth - Will be standard Bournemouth, will start well, will score a lot, will probably hammer Chelsea once and beat Arsenal, but get tanked 24-2 on aggregate away to the big six. Won't get relegated.

15. Brighton - I'm in the minority who thinks Brighton will have a decent season and survive. Graham Potter is an interesting coach and their recruitment has been smart.

16. Aston Villa - Along with Chelsea the toughest side to call in the league. You really just don't know. I think they'll just about be OK after all, but they're definitely a candidate to drop as well for me.

17. Norwich City - Will survive by the skin of their teeth. Will concede 5 or more at least three times this season. I can see them being quite like Bournemouth are actually but just not quite as good yet. They played some terrific football in the Championship but their defence is a concern.

18. Newcastle United - No feel good factor at the club and I can't see them swallowing the Carroll PR either (though you never know). Manager who quite frankly got the job because he's not going to question the poor ownership more than anything else. Some interesting buys but I think it's another disaster season for them incoming.

19. Crystal Palace - I think they're bang in trouble and think they're going to drop. First of all Puel's left Leicester which automatically knocks 4 points minimum from their total, Zaha has probably knackered any bond he had with the fans and I can see it all turning a bit sour, with him probably going in January after an underwhelming few months. I don't think their recruitment inspires any confidence. They haven't replaced Wan-Bissaka. They're crap at home. I really think they're in a lot of trouble this year and they're my surprise relegation pick.

20. Sheffield United - I like Wilder and I really like the camaraderie about them as a club, but I think they're just not going to have enough this year and their recruitment strikes me as being a bit like preparation to bounce back up. I've been saying they'll be this year's Cardiff and they might well be but there's no Huddersfield or Fulham (well potentially Villa xD) to save them from the bottom. Love the overlapping centre halves idea but I can see it being sussed out in this league. I'd really like them to survive though.

8 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Not mid but I think you’ll get the odd result to be 5-6points clear of the drop

I think our front 3 might just dick a fair few in the bottom half away from home. Might not come to fruition but talent looks there for a possibility. It's all on them to be honest. Who knows. Could go either way.

1. Man City - Theyve strengthened which is terrifying.

2. Liverpool - I cant see them keeping up the momentum of last season.

3. Spurs - They look far better equipped than last season.

4. Arsenal - There collapse last season may have benefitted them as theyve really highlighted there weaknesses.

5. Chelsea - I expect there transfer ban to be overturned and there to be a good atmosphere for once.

6. Man United - Theres a lot "fingers crossed this works" going on to expect them to be a top four club.

7. Everton - They just win transfer windows and flatter to decieve so I wouldnt be surprised to see them lower.

8. Leicester - They're building a good squad. A shame they couldn't sign a center back which is why I dont think theyll be higher.

9. Southampton - Great pre season. Finished last season well. Going back to there old ethics. I wouldnt very surprised if they finished 7th.

10. West Ham - I can see fans turning on Pellegrini if they dont make top eight. I can see them fluctuating between 8th and 13th all season.

11. Burnley - Apparently Burnley fans are unhappy with Sean Dyche, which sounds great as I want him to take over at Palace once Roy retires. But as that's what I want it means theyll have a good season.

12. Wolves - Europa League will hurt them but I think there fans expect it. Just fingers crossed for Nuno to board recognise it.

13. Watford - Theyve added more flair and creativity without doing there usual "sign 12 players".

14. Bournemouth - I know there fans expected more but they kept key players and added to there team. Cant see them being drawn in to the relegation battle.

15. Crystal Palace - Unhappy Zaha, no Striker. Weve bulked the team up but without investment it's not looking good.

16. Brighton - Potter trying to revamp the whole playing style in a short period of time is a big ask but if they persevere it could work.

17. Norwich City - Doesnt seem like a very good transfer window but we cant forget how good they were at times last season. I cant see them staying up more than 2 seasons if they penny pinch again though 

18. Sheffield United - I expect them to battle bravely but ultimately not being good enough.

19. Newcastle United - Someone has got to go down with the new clubs and this seems like it could be a McLaren scenario.

20  Aston Villa - They're just a Fulham signing more players of less quality.

1. Manchester City - They're too strong and they've got even better with adding Rodri and Cancelo. Liverpool will push them close again but not sure they will have enough. 

2. Liverpool - I reckon they've got a chance, if they can avoid injuries and the Club World Cup doesn't take a massive toll, they will be up there. 

3. Spurs - They've had a brilliant window, very strong team and expect them to finish comfortably in the top 4 as oppose to last season. 

4. Arsenal - Emery has everything in place to guarentee us top 4. No excuses for us to miss out, if things aren't going well I can see a managerial change happening. I do expect us to make it this time. 

5. Chelsea - Bit of an unknown quantity with Lampard coming in and the transfer ban. I just think losing Hazard has killed their attack and I don't see where the goals will come from. Need a few of their youngsters to step up to. 

6. Manchester United - They will struggle massively to start with and I see Solskjaer getting the boot before or around Christmas. I suspect a resurgence under the new man and they will maintain a top 6 spot. I think their defence is very good though, I could see it getting them a lot of results this season. 

7. Everton - I was tempted to put them 6th but I just don't think they have the defence to get above United or Chelsea. Their attack is very exciting though, actually probably better than both Chelsea and United's. 

8. Leicester City - Similar to Everton but I just feel the Toffee's have a bit more. Think they'll be good this year, another if it falls in to place could get a top 6 spot.  I just don't believe they'll have enough. 

9. Watford - Maintained all of their core and added excellent depth to their attack with Sarr and Welbeck. Good coach and I expect them to get in the top half. 

10. West Ham - Similar to Watford, they've had a nice window and have an excellent coach. They're always a flaky team though and I expect them to be inconsistent throughout. They have the tools to be up there with Everton and Leicester though. 

11. Wolves - This all depends on their European run and how seriously they take it. I just think they will go for it in the Europa and it will effect their league form. If they do get dumped out early though they will be in and around the top 8.

12. Southampton - I expect a very solid season for them under Hasenhuttl, Ings and Adams are nice additions up top and their team in general is pretty decent. 

13. Bournemouth - Similar to all their seasons exciting football but they will concede a lot. Expect them to peak early but fall off. 

14. Aston Villa - Spent a lot of money and really need them to hit the ground running. I reckon they will be alright though, the quality is there. 

15. Burnley - Another solid season under Dyche, I just think teams have overtaken them because they spend next to nothing. Should be a more comfortable season without European football giving them a shaky start. 

16. Newcastle - Not a big fan of the Steve Bruce appointment but I reckon they will have enough to stay up under him. They have a pretty decent amount of quality all over the pitch. 

17. Crystal Palace - They have kept Zaha and Roy Hodgson knows how to keep a team up. They will just about have enough. 

18. Norwich City - I like Norwich as a club but they have barely added. Not sure their attack will be as successful this year and their defence was not all that in the Championship. Just havent got the tools to stay up for me. 

19. Brighton - I don't know why just think they will go this year. Potter seems a decent coach and they have a pretty solid backline, but they really struggled last year. I don't think they have enough going for them up top as well. 

20. Sheffield United - Similar to Cardiff last year but not as successful. Simply just don't have enough. 

People need to remember that City have lost their talisman in defence. Kompany was a big game player, so against the top top teams in the league the defence that is left may struggle at times. 

12 minutes ago, Rick said:

People need to remember that City have lost their talisman in defence. Kompany was a big game player, so against the top top teams in the league the defence that is left may struggle at times. 

That's if the other top teams dont play damage limitation like nearly all teams do against City. 

Archived