• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Table Predictions 19/20

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Rick said:

People need to remember that City have lost their talisman in defence. Kompany was a big game player, so against the top top teams in the league the defence that is left may struggle at times. 

Stones & Laporte will be fine. Otamendi as back-up as well.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Stones & Laporte will be fine. Otamendi as back-up as well.

Laporte is great. The other two wouldn't fill me with confidence. They're both fine at their best but I think they both have huge mistakes in them. If there's a weakness in that side, it's at centre back and I do think they'd have liked to have strengthened there.

22 minutes ago, Dan said:

Kompany was past it. His character is a loss but in the games themselves he was about 4th choice.

They had been trying to phase him out for the last couple of years but he always seemed to come back and Guardiola did seem to turn to him certainly in the bigger games if I'm not mistaken.

As long as Laporte stays healthy I think they’ll be fine, for me he is the 2nd best CB in the league by some distance. Feel this is a real opportunity for Stones now, he has to take it otherwise they’ll bring someone big in next summer.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Kompany was past it. His character is a loss but in the games themselves he was about 4th choice.

Wasn't he first choice for the big games, always seemed to play in them.

Laporte is fantastic, but I wouldn't trust Stones and Otamendi, plenty of times they have looked very ropey when we have played them. Teams need to go at them, it seems a silly thing to say but City do not like it when they have to defend, especially count attack football. 

Always annoyed me that the bigger teams who have a point to prove dont play that game more. Put pressure on that side and it'll wobble. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Wasn't he first choice for the big games, always seemed to play in them.

Laporte is fantastic, but I wouldn't trust Stones and Otamendi, plenty of times they have looked very ropey when we have played them. Teams need to go at them, it seems a silly thing to say but City do not like it when they have to defend, especially count attack football. 

Always annoyed me that the bigger teams who have a point to prove dont play that game more. Put pressure on that side and it'll wobble. 

I alluded to the same thing earlier. Teams playing City just seem to accept defeat before a ball is kicked and just play damage limitation football. 

Similar to Utd under Fergie. 

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Most of the choices after looking back in the pages of this thread seem to be a toss-up between City & Liverpool winning it, I can't see Liverpool winning all their matches this season and I don't want City to make it 3 years on the trot winning the EPL and Pep's City bubble looks like it has sprung a leak this season but Liverpool still can lose 2or3.

I would like Liverpool to win just to see the smile on my son's face after his old man, ME, rubbing in it in over the years with United winning and going 2 ahead in EPL Titles... BUT... I still have a little tingle that Leicester might just upset the apple cart, Liverpool are still involved in Europe where Leicester are not, and as Jimmy Greaves would say "Football is a funny old game."

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

2 hours ago, Phil Kennedy said:

Wow - a lot of "Nowhere nears" of PL forecasts......

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Only one outright Liverpool in 1st place. Knows his stuff that lad:ph34r:

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Arsenal were really overfancied xD

Think my prediction was best. 

On 07/08/2019 at 23:09, Stan said:

Season will be stopped with not much left of it remaining. Probably due to some virus becoming a global pandemic, not sure what exactly though :what:

Should get more credit to be quite honest.

• Subscriber

I was convinced Tottenham would be fine and Ndombele would smash it. Called him as the signing of the season and he's been just about the very worst xD

Called Soyuncu bang on for us. I hadn't seen loads of him for us but what little I had seen was a defender with serious pace, quality on the ball, albeit slightly rash and probably needed to adjust to the league - since doing that he's been one of the best defenders in the division.

I had a sneaky feeling we would do well. When Rodgers came in for that brief couple of months we were the 3rd best team in the division behind two winning machines. We kept that up for the most part but I did feel we'd pay for not having enough going forward, which sounds mental to consider we won a game 9-0, but I do feel it was valid at times and we've dropped some points as a result - I just didn't realise how awful a lot of the others would be. Arsenal and Tottenham in-particular were piss poor. Chelsea were about what I expected. Manchester United I weirdly think were slightly better than I expected, I thought Solskjaer would be gone by now.

I think I under-estimated Liverpool too. Their record is frankly extraordinary.

46 minutes ago, Goalgoalabc said:

The Premier League still have chance to be cancelled so no team could be ranked as number 1

Null and void has officially been ruled out as an option. Unlucky mate. 

Welcome btw. 

Archived