talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Xherdan Shaqiri - Liverpool Refuse Loan Bids

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Hoping he can keep himself fit now. We should see him getting more games if he can. Especially if we can put an FA Cup run together

I say the same thing about Lallana. When he's fit he can play very well in the center of the park keeping the ball and using his skill to slow things down and retain possession. He's also the kind of person that will bust a lung to get into attack positions or recover from a bad pass. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel a bit bad for him. He's a borderline elite player but I don't think stylistically him and Liverpool have been a great match. The Barcelona game alone justifies his signing though on Liverpool's end, and he'll likely get to pick up a great trophy haul before the summer. 

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I wouldn't have thought the player would push for a move until the summer either. Imagine missing out on what the next four or five months potentially brings?

Exactly this. If you're at Liverpool now you want to wait till the summer. I also think Shaqiri has a part to play in this season still and he'll get cup time if not league time before its all done. 

• The title was changed to Xherdan Shaqiri - Liverpool Refuse Loan Bids
  • 8 months later...

Would be surprised to see him leave and not Wilson/Grujic... but they're playing tonight and he's out of the squad. Seems weird to me as Wilson and Grujic are in probably at the very bottom of the pecking order in an area of the pitch we've got a lot of cover. Shaqiri offers us more depth in an area where we reasonably would be wanting as much depth as possible imo.

Seems strange.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Would be surprised to see him leave and not Wilson/Grujic... but they're playing tonight and he's out of the squad. Seems weird to me as Wilson and Grujic are in probably at the very bottom of the pecking order in an area of the pitch we've got a lot of cover. Shaqiri offers us more depth in an area where we reasonably would be wanting as much depth as possible imo.

Seems strange.

Quite possibly a fitness thing. Shaqiri isn't exactly reliable on that front. Plus everyone knows what he is and what he can do, while there's more of a need to 'shop window' the other two

Shaqiri's time at Liverpool feels like a big missed opportunity. There were times he looked like a really exciting player off the bench or as depth (as recently as last week, albeit against Lincoln), but he just went missing too often and for too long. I couldn't tell you if he even got a game for us last season which is obviously wrong for a player of his quality

6 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Quite possibly a fitness thing. Shaqiri isn't exactly reliable on that front. Plus everyone knows what he is and what he can do, while there's more of a need to 'shop window' the other two

Shaqiri's time at Liverpool feels like a big missed opportunity. There were times he looked like a really exciting player off the bench or as depth (as recently as last week, albeit against Lincoln), but he just went missing too often and for too long. I couldn't tell you if he even got a game for us last season which is obviously wrong for a player of his quality

He did play for us last season, but he hardly played. He's gotten a load of weird injuries with us, like that weird issue with his pubes xD

• The topic was locked

Archived