The better place to talk football.

Danny Rose - May Move to Cagliari on Loan

football forum

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He hasn't been good in 36 months so I don't think they'll mind. He was using the media to push for a move to Man Utd not long ago but now that Tottenham have decided that they don't want him, he's decided he's not going anywhere. xD

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

I'm happy with Matt Richtie at left wing back but if Rose is available on loan it's worth a try.

Steve Bruce has certainly proved a lot of people wrong when he arrived in Geordie land and that includes me, I can't stand Ashley but maybe Bruce has got him tapped up good and proper and seems to be doing ok, do you think he will last though @Harvsky

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Steve Bruce has certainly proved a lot of people wrong when he arrived in Geordie land and that includes me, I can't stand Ashley but maybe Bruce has got him tapped up good and proper and seems to be doing ok, do you think he will last though @Harvsky

We are awful mate. Defensively half decent, but overall football is probably one of the worst if not the worst in the league. We don't deserve to be where we are and have ridden our luck. 

If we don't turn this shoddy football around our luck is going to run out and we will be fucked. 

Bruce has earned the right to have a go at sorting it. Problem is it is the head of recruitment that's just as important since Bruce has little to no say. 

We bought a striker for £40m in the summer and he has flopped massively. We are going to have to go and buy another for £25m+ now. Will we?

• The title was changed to Danny Rose - Newcastle Looking to Loan Left-Back
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Danny Rose - Newcastle Loan Left-Back
  • 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

@Stan, @Dan, would you have him?

Quote.thumb.png.a7f0c8604265db66d444e362b36b53aa.png

Tottenham Hotspur's 29-year-old defender Danny Rose, who is on loan at Newcastle United, has revealed he wants to play for Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers - but joked that Foxes left-back and England team-mate Ben Chilwell, 22, would "have to be bought first". (Mail)

• Administrator

No. 

Think his words have been taken out of context. He said he used to play for Rodgers when he was a youngster for a couple of months and could see how good a manager he was as well as improving his game in short time. Says he'd like to play for him again but doesn't say explicitly for Leicester... 

• Subscriber

No. Don't get me wrong I'm in favour of cashing in on Chilwell cause I think we'll get offered totally over the odds again like we were Maguire and he's gone back to being our weak link, he's spent too big a percentage in poor form for us now for it to be overlooked, I literally think in about three years he's spent a good 40-50% of it out of form which is too much to ignore. If we can take £65mil or whatever Chelsea are supposedly offering for that I think we're laughing.

That said I'd be disappointed if his replacement was Danny Rose who I just don't think has the heart for the game anymore - which is absolutely fair enough by the way, but I don't see how you'd achieve anything with players with that mindset. There are loads of good left backs on the continent. Try an audacious bid for Grimaldo. Champions League football may tempt someone like him. Strike while the iron's hot.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

No. Don't get me wrong I'm in favour of cashing in on Chilwell cause I think we'll get offered totally over the odds again like we were Maguire and he's gone back to being our weak link, he's spent too big a percentage in poor form for us now for it to be overlooked, I literally think in about three years he's spent a good 40-50% of it out of form which is too much to ignore. If we can take £65mil or whatever Chelsea are supposedly offering for that I think we're laughing.

That said I'd be disappointed if his replacement was Danny Rose who I just don't think has the heart for the game anymore - which is absolutely fair enough by the way, but I don't see how you'd achieve anything with players with that mindset. There are loads of good left backs on the continent. Try an audacious bid for Grimaldo. Champions League football may tempt someone like him. Strike while the iron's hot.

That's not going to happen. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

That's not going to happen. 

Is that through hope or expectation xD

There've been too many murmurings about this one for there to be nothing in it, from people ITK as well. Obviously a lot of this was pre-COVID.

Rose to Leicester wouldn't make much sense to me for two reasons.

Firstly, can't see why Leicester would want a player whose only on loan to a team treading water in the second half of the table.

And secondly, why would they want a player whose not wanted by his parent team, that are 5 places below Leicester in the table? 

No dice.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Firstly, can't see why Leicester would want a player whose only on loan to a team treading water in the second half of the table.

And secondly, why would they want a player whose not wanted by his parent team, that are 5 places below Leicester in the table? 

No dice.

Plus he's an absolute self opinionated bell end. 

• Administrator

Plus I don't think his heart is in the game any more? Hasn't he made comments recently or over past year or so that he doesn't enjoy football any more? 

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

No dice.

To be honest I'd be surprised if he is even wanted by us. Jetro Willems and Matt Ritchie look better. 

5 hours ago, Harvsky said:

To be honest I'd be surprised if he is even wanted by us. Jetro Willems and Matt Ritchie look better. 

Agree on Willems. I liked what I saw of that guy. He was quite dangerous going forward, yet sensible in defence. 

Considering some full backs cannot find a balance between the two, he seemed a decent find.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Danny Rose - May Move to Cagliari on Loan
  • The topic was locked

Archived