talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Sides in European Competitions

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Inti Brian said:

Yeah without the Copa America your wonderful "Euros" (which is 70% shitty sides with the expansion) wouldn't exist. Respect your elders.

Who pissed in your cheerios?

It's fucking Friday...go outside. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Who pissed in your cheerios?

It's fucking Friday...go outside. 

Honestly (and this time I'm not joking) you have problems. Really.

Your mood swings are fucking embarrassing. Last 5 times I replied to you got some sort of nitpicky response.

I'm in the airport, so I have time to kill. Even if I wasn't, I don't have a life and I don't want one. Rather just spend my time doing fuck all on the internet.

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

Honestly (and this time I'm not joking) you have problems. Really.

Your mood swings are fucking embarrassing. Last 5 times I replied to you got some sort of nitpicky response.

I'm in the airport, so I have time to kill. Even if I wasn't, I don't have a life and I don't want one. Rather just spend my time doing fuck all on the internet.

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.png

Anyways @nudge I'm sorry if I came across as a massive bellend and derailed the thread. I just wanted to have a dig at that stat with one of my own (which was even manipulated. Napoli drew on that week) to go with the flow of the context or German sides in recent times. I did NOT intend to be malicious, and I think you know that!

3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Anyways @nudge I'm sorry if I came across as a massive bellend and derailed the thread. I just wanted to have a dig at that stat with one of my own (which was even manipulated. Napoli drew on that week) to go with the flow of the context or German sides in recent times. I did NOT intend to be malicious, and I think you know that!

Of corse you did, you just didn't think your trolling would cause reactions.

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Of corse you did, you just didn't think your trolling would cause reactions.

And I succeeded at that. Cheers.

I'm almost at the point of not caring about German or Italian football being better but I can be harmless or malicious and you'll still get touchy. That is a fact and you're proving it.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Why is it okay for you to troll, on purpose, but when other people do it, it winds you up? Then you feel some sort of pride when people get wound up and retort back?

You can't have it both ways, even if you are bored in an airport. 

Just now, Stan said:

Why is it okay for you to troll, on purpose, but when other people do it, it winds you up? Then you feel some sort of pride when people get wound up and retort back?

You can't have it both ways, even if you are bored in an airport. 

Because I am gullible as shit. Mate, it's honestly not hard to see I was just joking around. Same with the Egypt in Africa thing. The fact that Ruck gets so touchy is exactly what I was expecting. If you want to view it as me being serious, that's your call but you are still factually wrong because I wasn't.

I apologized to Nudge both by here and by text. Perhaps I took it a bit too far with me replying too much, but yeah I was trying to rustle the jimmies of others.

4 home wins and 4  wins by the odd goal though. Only Frankfurt and perhaps Leipzig clear favourites to progress. The other 3 probably slight favourites.

Very small sample size, of course, but I still a good achievement , and I do feel results in the Europe reflect that the league have improved in the last couple of season. I do not see Tedesco's Schalke coming second in the current Bundesliga.

1 minute ago, Relling said:

4 home wins and 4  wins by the odd goal though. Only Frankfurt and perhaps Leipzig clear favourites to progress. The other 3 probably slight favourites.

Very small sample size, of course, but I still a good achievement , and I do feel results in the Europe reflect that the league have improved in the last couple of season. I do not see Tedesco's Schalke coming second in the current Bundesliga.

The biggest result was of course Dortmund, but the German thing is looking strong in Europe this year. 

1 minute ago, Relling said:

Was that aimed at me?

I was joking mate. There's clear improvements in German football as opposed to the time between 2013 and 2020. I even said this is maybe the best Dortmund side in years. But yeah I'm clearly outdated in what I say.

Italian football has gotten worse since Sarri left Napoli I think. Juve, Napoli and Roma made it better than it was.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

18 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

My job here is done xD

Because I am gullible as shit. Mate, it's honestly not hard to see I was just joking around. Same with the Egypt in Africa thing. The fact that Ruck gets so touchy is exactly what I was expecting. If you want to view it as me being serious, that's your call but you are still factually wrong because I wasn't.

I apologized to Nudge both by here and by text. Perhaps I took it a bit too far with me replying too much, but yeah I was trying to rustle the jimmies of others.

It's that kind of crap above - making stats up to make yourself look clever and the 'my job here is done' shite. To what aim?

Basically, you don't troll well if that's what you attempt to do. Your way of 'trolling' is being serious then saying you're not serious when you get called up on anything because someone chooses to respond to you. So what if you apologised to Nudge. What does that have to do with anything xD ?!

2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Was that aimed at me?

I was joking mate. There's clear improvements in German football as opposed to the time between 2013 and 2020. I even said this is maybe the best Dortmund side in years. But yeah I'm clearly outdated in what I say.

Italian football has gotten worse since Sarri left Napoli I think. Juve, Napoli and Roma made it better than it was.

It was not aimed at you. Just stating my view :)

Just now, Stan said:

It's that kind of crap above - making stats up to make yourself look clever and the 'my job here is done' shite. To what aim?

Basically, you don't troll well if that's what you attempt to do. Your way of 'trolling' is being serious then saying you're not serious when you get called up on anything because someone chooses to respond to you. So what if you apologised to Nudge. What does that have to do with anything xD ?!

Maybe because I wasn't being serious. 

I obviously think Italian football is better (though that could change if German sides continue their good form in Europe). I just found the stat funny and decided to troll to rustle some jimmies. I even left an emoji. Your judgment on me being serious or not is based on your agenda towards me because it was blatantly obvious I was taking the piss. 

Anyways I'm not gonna argue anymore. You won't get convinced ever and you would rather shut the forum down than listen to me. If you want to believe I was being serious that's up to you.

• Administrator

That 'agenda' once again. Get the paranoia out of your head. It's not healthy to live like that.

You won't get convinced ever and you would rather shut the forum down than listen to me

Also, don't overstate your importance on here. That sounds ridiculously arrogant and it doesn't look good ever.

3 minutes ago, Relling said:

It was not aimed at you. Just stating my view :)

Fair enough, in any case I agree. I think the German League has made the right signings in recent times. Better than when Bayern was just signing shitty spaniards that wouldn't win them the CL.

Clearly the right teams are in it this time. Since Schalke, Leverkusen are so hit and miss it's better to have consistent teams like Dortmund, Leipzig and Bayern.

21 minutes ago, Relling said:

Yep, that's the problem with comparing leagues on the basis of UEFA coefficients. Too much can happen to a team during a transfer window. Therefore looking at multiple seasons doesn't improve the accuracy of the statisical analysis even though it increases the sample size. Quite often the teams that finish 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th in the BL lose all their best players and perhaps even their manager during the transfer period, so when they are playing CL/EL the next season they are not even close to the 3rd/4th/5th/6th best team during that season.  I'd suspect this applies to many leagues, except the BPL where at least #3 and #4 manage to keep their squad together.

Archived