talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexis Sánchez - Joins Inter on Free Transfer

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen Inter much this season but it doesn't seem he's getting on well at the club looking at transfermarkt. At the Copa America he looked nowhere near his prime too. He's completely finished.

I hate the fact Chile had a player as good as Sanchez, but I had to tip my hat off to him. He was truly a cut above and was one of the top 10 players in the world in his prime. Outrageous talent that had Chile and Arsenal on his back at times. He was truly a top player and think he achieved lots in a short amount of time.

4 hours ago, Vader said:

Haven't seen Inter much this season but it doesn't seem he's getting on well at the club looking at transfermarkt. At the Copa America he looked nowhere near his prime too. He's completely finished.

I hate the fact Chile had a player as good as Sanchez, but I had to tip my hat off to him. He was truly a cut above and was one of the top 10 players in the world in his prime. Outrageous talent that had Chile and Arsenal on his back at times. He was truly a top player and think he achieved lots in a short amount of time.

He has been injured a lot since he joined Inter.

• The title was changed to Alexis Sánchez - Could Move Back to Man Utd?
  • Subscriber

download.png.5c7a811d9c752fb00b4fe45c8faac761.png

INJURY HISTORY
 Injury history, suspensions and absences are based on a variety of media reports and are researched with the greatest of care. If you should notice an error regardless, please use the correction form. To the correction form

Season Injury from until Days Games missed
19/20 Peroneus tendon injury Oct 13, 2019 Jan 5, 2020 84 days 14Inter Milan
18/19 Ankle Injury May 5, 2019 Jun 10, 2019 36 days 2Manchester United
18/19 Knee Injury Mar 2, 2019 Apr 14, 2019 43 days 8Manchester United
18/19 Thigh Problems Jan 5, 2019 Jan 18, 2019 13 days 2Manchester United
18/19 Hamstring Injury Nov 29, 2018 Dec 31, 2018 32 days 8Manchester United
17/18 Abdominal Strain Aug 6, 2017 Aug 20, 2017 14 days 3Arsenal FC
17/18 Influenza Jul 27, 2017 Aug 1, 2017 5 days -
16/17 Thigh Problems Nov 8, 2016 Nov 14, 2016 6 days -
15/16 Ankle Injury Jun 27, 2016 Aug 8, 2016 42 days -
15/16 Hamstring Injury Nov 30, 2015 Jan 22, 2016 53 days 10Arsenal FC
12/13 Ligament Injury Nov 15, 2012 Dec 6, 2012 21 days 6FC Barcelona
11/12 Tear in the abductor's muscle Mar 5, 2012 Mar 15, 2012 10 days 2FC Barcelona
11/12 Torn muscle bundle Sep 11, 2011 Nov 4, 2011 54 days 12FC Barcelona
11/12 Thigh Problems Aug 17, 2011 Aug 24, 2011 7 days 1FC Barcelona

People questioning why we would bring back Sánchez. It’s the United way. Has been since the Glazers took over. 

Sanchez will stay on the books till the contract runs out. Why I hear you ask? Because it’s cheaper than buying another player. This is how the Glazers work. Rather than have an outlay for a new player, plus their wages, just keep Sánchez as it’ll work out the slightly cheaper option. They’re kicking themselves that there wasn’t a recall option in the loan deal.

United are done as a football club.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

People questioning why we would bring back Sánchez. It’s the United way. Has been since the Glazers took over. 

Sanchez will stay on the books till the contract runs out. Why I hear you ask? Because it’s cheaper than buying another player. This is how the Glazers work. Rather than have an outlay for a new player, plus their wages, just keep Sánchez as it’ll work out the slightly cheaper option. They’re kicking themselves that there wasn’t a recall option in the loan deal.

United are done as a football club.

That would imply some level of intelligence with all the parties involved, which from what you're saying there is none of. Thank you, this all makes complete sense now.

• 6 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.78702ae4f5c919635b2477c602a3dd18.png

Inter CEO gives update on Sanchez future, rules out bid for Man Utd target

Date published: Wednesday 29th July 2020 12:15

The CEO of Inter Milan admits they are weighing up all their options to extend Alexis Sanchez’s stay from Manchester United.

Sanchez has got his career back on track during a season-long loan in Italy. An injury suffered in October threatened to ruin the Chilean’s time at San Siro, but he has managed to make 27 appearances in all competitions.

Nearly half of those have come from the bench, but Sanchez has still done relatively well under Antonio Conte. However, Inter are facing a stumbling block if they want to keep Sanchez – even for the rest of this season.

With United and Inter both still in the Europa League, the Premier League side have so far blocked their Serie A counterparts from using Sanchez in that competition – as they also have with Chris Smalling at Roma.

However, Inter CEO Giuseppe Marotta still wants to explore all the options to keep Sanchez.

“It’s not easy, he has a two-year contract with Manchester United, so we have to evaluate the situation,” Marotta told Sky Sport Italia before Inter’s win over Napoli.

“It’d be a shame if we couldn’t reach an agreement because we want Sanchez today and tomorrow.”

TEAM TALK

• The title was changed to Alexis Sánchez - Set to Join Inter on Free Transfer
39 minutes ago, Danny said:

United really ruined him, he had a bit of an attitude problem towards the end at Arsenal but still, used to be phenomenal. Overnight he looked like shit

I have 2 theories on what has happened to him.

1. Loss of motivation

Ever since Chile missed out on the World Cup, he's not been the same player.

2. He's knackered

He's played 10 years worth of football in 5 years.

On 03/08/2020 at 15:41, Mpache said:

I have 2 theories on what has happened to him.

1. Loss of motivation

Ever since Chile missed out on the World Cup, he's not been the same player.

2. He's knackered

He's played 10 years worth of football in 5 years.

Or he is older and struggling to adapt without his speed.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Or he is older and struggling to adapt without his speed.

Maybe, but him suddenly turning into crap right after Chile miss the World Cup is odd. That has taken an impact on his game, I feel. The month before they lost to Brazil he was carrying both Arsenal and Chile.

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Maybe, but him suddenly turning into crap right after Chile miss the World Cup is odd. That has taken an impact on his game, I feel. The month before they lost to Brazil he was carrying both Arsenal and Chile.

He is 31 going on 32 and it's well known for players to decline rapidly once they hit their 30's. in the premier league. 

Just now, Cicero said:

He is 31 going on 31 and it's well known for players to decline rapidly once they hit their 30's. Especially in the premier league. 

I've never seen a decline that rapidly though. He was great the month before Chile missed the World Cup for both his teams, next month suddenly he's not even in the top 50 players in the Premier league.

• The title was changed to Alexis Sánchez - Joins Inter on Free Transfer

Archived