talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jose Mourinho Says Only 4 Teams Can Win the Title

Jose Mourinho on who can win the Premier League this season:

"Four teams can win the Premier League, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Man City B team."  

He was asked a number of questions on the show, including who he thinks can realistically win the 2019/20 Premier League title

"Four teams. Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool and Man City's B team." he said.

"When I looked at City's bench and saw the players that weren't involved in the XI, I believe even their B team can win the title"

Fellow pundit Gary Neville agreed with Mourinho, suggesting United are "in a battle" for fourth position with Chelsea and Arsenal.

"Manchester United can't win the title and I don't think Chelsea can either." he said.

"I think United would snap your hands off now if you offered them fourth. I think they are in a battle with Chelsea and Arsenal for that position.

"I think Tottenham, Liverpool and City are well ahead.

"Manchester United have got to start one block at a time. You can't expect them to go from where they have been over the last seven years to winning the title.

"As a United fan, all I want them to do is create a strategy and stick to it."

Graeme Souness thinks Manchester City and Liverpool will once again challenge for the title and thinks "nobody will come close" to the top two.

"I think City and Liverpool are a good bit ahead of everyone else, including Tottenham." he said.

"They could put a good run together and have a really strong group of players again.

"I don't think anyone will come close to the top two. I see them battling it out again."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

My money is on City again this year. There's something about them even on opening day that made me think, these guys just dont stop. And, if they do feel like stopping then Pep goes up to their ears and screams them back into order.

City are unreal in quality of depth and play. Pep has finally created his team in the shape of his own ideals. The most impressive thing for me is how City score and win by committee, no Aguero? That is okay, Sterling will score thrice. De Bruyne injured? One of the Silvas will move to midfield. Despite the depth no player ever feels wasted, or needing of minutes. The same can’t be said for a team like United, where they have a half-billion £ of centrebacks fighting for two spots.

In almost every season of my life it has been 2-3 teams only anyway. I'm inclined to think it's natural. I don't recall many seasons if any where 4th-6th place was actually competing with 1st. If they were it was because no one was great.

We aren't going to suddenly get 6 teams who could get 85+ points 

5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

In almost every season of my life it has been 2-3 teams only anyway. I'm inclined to think it's natural. I don't recall many seasons if any where 4th-6th place was actually competing with 1st. If they were it was because no one was great.

We aren't going to suddenly get 6 teams who could get 85+ points 

I'm on about the Man City situation mate.

Just now, Harvsky said:

Their B team would be high up but they wouldn't win the title. Plenty of flaws in a 2nd 11.

They'd have a chance and are better than practically everyone in the division.  Liverpool can compete but only if they stay safe and sound to extremes, while Manchester City are in reality quite a level higher than Liverpool. It's the fact that football doesn't work like that which makes what Klopp is achieving a competitive scenario.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They'd have a chance and are better than practically everyone in the division.  Liverpool can compete but only if they stay safe and sound to extremes, while Manchester City are in reality quite a level higher than Liverpool. It's the fact that football doesn't work like that which makes what Klopp is achieving a competitive scenario.

The 2nd team would not get 85+ points.

They'd be about Man Utd's level :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Jose Mourinho Says Only 4 Teams Can Win the Title
35 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The 2nd team would not get 85+ points.

They'd be about Man Utd's level :ph34r:

Bollox  ..the only team that is possibly better than our B team is Liverpool & maybe Spurs  ..Sane, Mahrez, Jesus, Walker, Fernandinho or Rodrigo, Gundogan, Foden, Zinchenko etc etc  ..thats miles better than a United or Arsenal

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Bollox  ..the only team that is possibly better than our B team is Liverpool & maybe Spurs  ..Sane, Mahrez, Jesus, Walker, Fernandinho or Rodrigo, Gundogan, Foden, Zinchenko etc etc  ..thats miles better than a United or Arsenal

Maybe Pep should try the 'B' Team instead of the 'A' Team when they actually face Liverpool coz the 'A' Team haven't done a great job about it.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Maybe Pep should try the 'B' Team instead of the 'A' Team when they actually face Liverpool coz the 'A' Team haven't done a great job about it.

We had 4pts off them last season which won us the title xD  ..our B team would probably lose to them

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You don't get it do you. :)

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You are saying our 1st team hasn't done a good job against Liverpool (which they have) and our weaker 2nd team would do a better job over the win & draw the 1st team got?? O.o  ..if you are trying to be funny, leave the jokes to me :ph34r:

Just now, Happy Blue said:

You are saying our 1st team hasn't done a good job against Liverpool (which they have) and our weaker 2nd team would do a better job over the win & draw the 1st team got?? O.o  ..if you are trying to be funny, leave the jokes to me :ph34r:

I am saying that football results can't be predicted or simply explained by team selections. Look at all my posts mate. >:(

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I am saying that football results can't be predicted or simply explained by team selections. Look at all my posts mate. >:(

How bloody dare you. Bringing site's competitions in to disrepute with bile like that :readthemessage:

18 minutes ago, Football Rex said:

There are 37 games to go, so there will be many twists and turns along the way.

A couple will take a road that’s got considerably less twists and turns than others while others will get lost along the way. All due to who’s got the better equipment to guide them on that journey. 

Unlike everybody else I didn't think city were particularly amazing on Saturday. West ham came into the game without a plan, and city didn't have to do a lot to punish them. Was a bit like us on Friday night, the scoreline flattered the performance. 

• Subscriber

The City B argument doesn't make any sense. City "A" biggest benefit is their depth so if you split their first team squad into two separate clubs them Liverpool would have won the league last season.

I know I'm being a bit perverse, and I get his point is that they have enough players that they had to play both Spurs and Liverpool in two simultaneous matches, they could potentially field two lineups and win both matches, and if it was against anyone else in the league, you'd back them to win both 9 times out of 10, because that's the quality they have in their squad, but depth of quality is what wins you titles and both Citys would lose that if you made City A and City B.

Archived