talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jose Mourinho Says Only 4 Teams Can Win the Title

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The City B argument doesn't make any sense. City "A" biggest benefit is their depth so if you split their first team squad into two separate clubs them Liverpool would have won the league last season.

I know I'm being a bit perverse, and I get his point is that they have enough players that they had to play both Spurs and Liverpool in two simultaneous matches, they could potentially field two lineups and win both matches, and if it was against anyone else in the league, you'd back them to win both 9 times out of 10, because that's the quality they have in their squad, but depth of quality is what wins you titles and both Citys would lose that if you made City A and City B.

Isn't that what he's saying though, he's basically calling them favourites because they've got such a deep squad? Cos obviously you're not going to see a Man City A competing with Man City B for the title

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are usually only ever two genuine contenders and I don't see that changing this season. Every season the media like to portray our league as being exciting and open but it is neither and if you think the likes of United, Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal will be winning the title this season then you have rocks in your head.

It'll be Citeh or Liverpool 

• Subscriber

Having two teams in a title race is a luxury.

Usually it's pretty much one team's to lose by December. Last season was a genuine two-horse race but it's just as often the case that a team can be up to 7-9 points ahead and there's no competition in reality but the team in 2nd place get lumped into the title race by default of being the ones there to inherit the thing if the leaders have a meltdown. 

If you want a good race you need Man City to lose a few before Xmas, like they did last year. Even then it will take a phenomenal run of form from Liverpool, or another, to take it from them. They're too good. While others would be broken by a 2-3 game losing streak, Manchester City can very realistically win every single game after it.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If you want a good race you need Man City to lose a few before Xmas, like they did last year. Even then it will take a phenomenal run of form from Liverpool, or another, to take it from them. They're too good. While others would be broken by a 2-3 game losing streak, Manchester City can very realistically win every single game after it.

Basically what they did last season. 

Same man who was proud to be runner up with Manchester United. Of course everyone's money is on City considering they have been dominant for the past two seasons, it was much closer last season and i think it will go down the wire again between City and Liverpool. Adding Tottenham is funny tough, as i think everyone in the top 6 last season has more chance than Spurs. Bottled it when they had Leicester as main rivals, and ended third in the end. Saying this they are a top 6 top 4 team for the time being.

Archived