talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ben Chilwell - Chelsea

• Subscriber

Mail reporting that he's told us he wants to go.

I think it makes sense for all parties for him to be sold. We're not going to have a massive net spend again this summer especially now we've bottled the top four, I think Chilwell will raise more money for us than he's actually worth to our team. Therefore just sell. Luke Thomas genuinely did not feel like much of a step down from him, if at all, which is some going given he made his senior debut a fortnight ago.

I don't think Chilwell's all that good if I'm honest with you. Chelsea fans are quite hard on their players. I don't see them being big fans of him unless he really steps it up.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Leicester supposedly wants more for Chillwell than United paid for Maguire.

Good. 

He's an asset (of some sorts) to us. So if you want him, pay up. Like Grealish is to Villa (a better example). He's worth more to the club than it is for the buying club to pay. Just how it is. 

The daylight robbery of Kante being sold for only £30m pretty much started this. No release clauses in contracts and we will play hardball so that our players aren't just going to get picked off by the bigger clubs. The selling club should always set the price they want. If a club doesn't want to pay that, then they can do one. It worked with Mahrez and especially Maguire. 

Anything over £50m and Leicester will have done very well here. If they get £80m that would be even more astonishing then getting that for Maguire. Not entirely sure why Chelsea are so desperate for him, surely there is better options out there? 

58 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Anything over £50m and Leicester will have done very well here. If they get £80m that would be even more astonishing then getting that for Maguire. Not entirely sure why Chelsea are so desperate for him, surely there is better options out there? 

There are. And during a time we need to strengthen elsewhere, this was never going to happen.

Good piece of business here. Loan with option to buy (23million). 

34 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I just don't see how you could justify spending £80m on a LB who is probably only marginally better than Alonso. 

It really doesn't matter when you are playing with Monopoly money mate. 

• Subscriber

I'd sooner we bought Reguilon and Chelsea bought Chilwell to be honest xD leaves us with more money to strengthen elsewhere. I think selling for over the odds is better than its given credit for. Liverpool don't win the league if they never sell Coutinho.

• Administrator

Sorry but you've all bought in to the Twitter hype.

We're not even back in training yet. The tweet you've all fallen for is that he's 'packed his bags and has left the training ground'. Pretty sure Chilwell is still on holiday xD

This is from one of the very, very few ITKs on our forum:

No bids 
No talks
No contact 

Highly doubt this will be happening this summer.
Paper talk. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

It's ITK's v other ITK's. Seen a while ago a few saying his head had been turned. I do think this move will go through.

I do as well but not until we get a replacement. That's probably our stance and maybe what we've told Chilwell? 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Apparently you wanted the guy we just signed? 

We were linked but not sure how serious we were about it and if we ever even offered anything. 

I think we still have our eyes on Telles which would be fucking ace if Chilwell goes and he's the replacement. Not sure who we'll end up with though! 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

We were linked but not sure how serious we were about it and if we ever even offered anything. 

I think we still have our eyes on Telles which would be fucking ace if Chilwell goes and he's the replacement. Not sure who we'll end up with though! 

Danny Rose 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

The fact Chelsea are going for Chilwell and not Telles is hilarious. 

On 06/08/2020 at 19:59, Dan said:

I'd sooner we bought Reguilon and Chelsea bought Chilwell to be honest xD leaves us with more money to strengthen elsewhere. I think selling for over the odds is better than its given credit for. Liverpool don't win the league if they never sell Coutinho.

It can go both ways tbh.

Obviously we’ve done really well with the Coutinho money.

But we reinvested the Suarez money really poorly. Really really really poorly.

This popped up on Twitter earlier.

Kepa - :what:

Morata :what:

Pulisic - early signs are good

Jorginho :what:

Torres - Wasn't that bad but 50M for him? Especially considering 50m at that time was considered a lot more than it would be nowadays. :what:

Bakayoko :what:

Kovacic ;)

Drinkwater :what:

We'll have to wait and see how Werner and Ziyech get on but only two of those at a push you could say have worked out positively. Kovacic divides opinion and I'm not overly sold on him at times but he has had a relatively positive influence on the team it has to be said in terms of technical ability and ball retention and things like that. Anyway, food for thought.

Archived