Arsenal 2-1 Burnley

Head to Head
Arsenal - 53 wins
Draws - 21
Burnley - 33 wins

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal should win this comfortably but will be a totally different game to that v Newcastle. Higher impetus to break a team down at home, expect to see Ceballos to come in and do this. Arsenal’s defence coped well with Joelinton last week but the direct nature of Burnley will be a different issue. Still fancy an Arsenal win, but probably going to be tighter than the betting suggests. 2-1 Arsenal

Not entirely convincing again but 2 wins out of 2. Thought Chambers was unlucky to be dropped today, he looked good in preseason and looked good against Newcastle. Ceballos does look like a great player, hopefully Real Madrid lose their minds and choose to sell him to us although I can see the likes of Man City, Bayern etc. being interested if Madrid choose to sell. Liverpool and Tottenham next...

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Was about to say I wish Aubameyang would get himself more into the game so I can get a few more FPL points and then he gets a yellow card. Why did I captain him? -_-

Aubameyang doesn't really get involved in play that much but he regularly pops up for a goal. That's how he plays. Lacazette is the one that gets more involved. That's why they work well together.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I have no idea at the moment what was said by the pundits on tv but as far as those in the stadium were concerned, we were awed by Ceballos.

Just got this alert and I can’t wait for MOD tonight.

B9BB1298-FE93-490F-B850-1C598759CDFB.jpeg

He’s been one of my favourite players for years mate. Good to hear he’s playing well even if it’s for you lot.

51 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

He’s been one of my favourite players for years mate. Good to hear he’s playing well even if it’s for you lot.

He ended up going rather deep in midfield at times today which I didn't want to see and he executed it perfectly to my surprise because that's not his game or at least not what he's known for. But he had to so as to gain control of the midfield which was rather scrappy except for him. He is a special player but you living out in Spain (Seville) already knew this mate.

• Subscriber

I can't see it. I think 5 years ago somebody like a Tottenham would've done it but Burnley could legitimately demand £50mil for him, such is the nature of the league now, and nobody would be silly enough to pay that.

Burnley won't be near the drop this year by the way. They're a scruffy side but they're well organised and they're not easy to beat.

9 hours ago, Danny said:

Ashley Barnes getting clinical, if he carries this on for th he right fee he could be of use to a bigger club than Burnley

Even an England cap as a potential plan b/c option 

I have no idea what he's offered before yesterday because Burnley isn't a team I choose to watch. But yesterday's goal isn't the basis to analyse anything or anyone in my view. It was a massive collapse of concentration in the Arsenal defence and Barnes found himself 4 feet away with the goal at his mercy. Had he missed is where it would've been a shock.

But like I said, maybe he's really good in most games, I don't know. Yesterday he did nothing special for me.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Danny said:

Ashley Barnes getting clinical, if he carries this on for th he right fee he could be of use to a bigger club than Burnley

Even an England cap as a potential plan b/c option 

Or Austria. 

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I have no idea what he's offered before yesterday because Burnley isn't a team I choose to watch. But yesterday's goal isn't the basis to analyse anything or anyone in my view. It was a massive collapse of concentration in the Arsenal defence and Barnes found himself 4 feet away with the goal at his mercy. Had he missed is where it would've been a shock.

But like I said, maybe he's really good in most games, I don't know. Yesterday he did nothing special for me.

He bundles into people and shoves them around while sometimes finding himself on the end of things in the box.

Something would seriously have to go wrong at national level to end up with Ashley Barnes as an option. Andre Gray is probably ahead of him and he's not that brilliant either.

10 hours ago, SirBalon said:

His goals on the opening day seem to sum him up, powerful and accurate finishes. Doesn’t get a lot of service but scores when provided. I’d just seen that he scored again today

I feel like a club like Everton for example could probably use him as a plan b type striker, he’s getting on but he’s not a player who relies heavily on speed so could probably go for another few years.

And in terms of England I only mention him because outside of Kane and Rashford we have no strikers. It would be a dark time for us if Ashley Barnes is who were relying on but as seen in the past the likes of Crouch, Carroll and Vassel getting caps a player like Barnes or even Glen Murray picking one up is not inconceivable  😂

• The topic was unpinned

Archived