talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-1 Burnley - Saturday 17th August, 2019

football forum

29 minutes ago, Danny said:

His goals on the opening day seem to sum him up, powerful and accurate finishes. Doesn’t get a lot of service but scores when provided. I’d just seen that he scored again today

I feel like a club like Everton for example could probably use him as a plan b type striker, he’s getting on but he’s not a player who relies heavily on speed so could probably go for another few years.

And in terms of England I only mention him because outside of Kane and Rashford we have no strikers. It would be a dark time for us if Ashley Barnes is who were relying on but as seen in the past the likes of Crouch, Carroll and Vassel getting caps a player like Barnes or even Glen Murray picking one up is not inconceivable  😂

Crouch has a brilliant scoring record for England.

22 goals in 42 games is not to be sniffed at. It's a great statistic.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, I don't know why Crouch is being mentioned in the same group as Ashley Barnes, Carroll and Murray. He was much better than all of them

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Crouch was only good against smaller nations, a good record but not a player to rely on when you needed people to step up.

• The topic was unpinned
On 18/08/2019 at 10:46, Danny said:

Crouch was only good against smaller nations, a good record but not a player to rely on when you needed people to step up.

He stepped up when plenty of England strikers didn't though, regardless of who the opposition was. Ashley Barnes is waaaaay less talented than Crouch, I think giving him an England cap would be so strange.

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He stepped up when plenty of England strikers didn't though, regardless of who the opposition was. Ashley Barnes is waaaaay less talented than Crouch, I think giving him an England cap would be so strange.

I’m just throwing names out there, Crouch was one of those players nowhere near the likes of Rooney or Owen but he still got picked. Crouch is better than Barnes but all I’m saying is if he remains this clinical he’ll be in the 15-20 goal a season club which is enough to get picked for England

Archived