talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 2-2 Tottenham - Saturday 17th August, 2019

football forum

I know people that swear like that hahaha.

But the Indian connection to this sort of swearing is funny and a friend of mine at school born here but of Indian heritage had a funny dad. Everytime I’d go to his house his dad would be swearing at him with some real original ones with my favourite being;

”You bastard bitch!” xD

Or his mum not letting him give any type of excuses for when he done anything wrong by literally interrupting the first syllable of the first word with;

”Doooon’t, DON’T TALK!”

”You don’t talk”

hahahahaha

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I know people that swear like that hahaha.

But the Indian connection to this sort of swearing is funny and a friend of mine at school born here but of Indian heritage had a funny dad. Everytime I’d go to his house his dad would be swearing at him with some real original ones with my favourite being;

”You bastard bitch!” xD

Or his mum not letting him give any type of excuses for when he done anything wrong by literally interrupting the first syllable of the first word with;

”Doooon’t, DON’T TALK!”

”You don’t talk”

hahahahaha

Yep, exactly like that!

I was watching a bit of East is East yesterday and it reminded me of George (Om Puri) xD

That, and Paul Chowdhry who's comedy centres around the 'bloody bastard' taglines.

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep, exactly like that!

I was watching a bit of East is East yesterday and it reminded me of George (Om Puri) xD

That, and Paul Chowdhry who's comedy centres around the 'bloody bastard' taglines.

Hahha true!

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yep, exactly like that!

East is East is brilliant xD

Might even put it on tonight for giggles :D

The cricket fan in me, who has gone through this phase of technology and its interpretation creating controversy with DRS, is amused looking at you all. 

On a serious note, the ball touched the arm and got directed to the man who scored the goal. Hence, correct decision was made.

3 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

The cricket fan in me, who has gone through this phase of technology and its interpretation creating controversy with DRS, is amused looking at you all. 

On a serious note, the ball touched the arm and got directed to the man who scored the goal. Hence, correct decision was made.

De Bruyne made an interesting point about it when he said what would have happened if the ball had come off the Spurs players arm in that scenario??? Would a penalty have been awarded or just play on?? It's the handball rule being in question here not the upholding of the rule.. 

On 18/08/2019 at 11:27, Happy Blue said:

Now this paints a different picture :8_laughing:  ..off the shoulder of Laporte, handball Spurs player  ..what should the call have been??   ..i think we need better VAR staff, they have the images but still manage to get the call wrong

djX4KkN.jpg

Taking the still from 1/2 second before it actually comes off his arm. Desperate, even from you mate :D

14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

De Bruyne made an interesting point about it when he said what would have happened if the ball had come off the Spurs players arm in that scenario??? Would a penalty have been awarded or just play on?? It's the handball rule being in question here not the upholding of the rule.. 

A penalty wouldn't have necessarily been awarded in that situation. It depends if the defenders arm is deemed to be in an unnatural position is my understanding. Not the fault of VAR in this situation but the handball rule

We know the rules are bollocks but they were used correctly. Goals can’t be scored from any handball scenario IF it’s off a teammate. Stupid, but thems the rules right now. Connection with the Tottenham player means nothing unless the arm is considered to be in an unnatural position and it’s a split second from head to hand, so that rules out intentional handball by the player. 

• Subscriber

The rules are bollocks and a lot of them are now being changed to cater for VAR - problem now is loads of them are just totally devoid of any common sense. Would anybody feel at all robbed to concede that goal?

A lot of them aren't black and white and that's just the nature of football I guess.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

The rules are bollocks and a lot of them are now being changed to cater for VAR - problem now is loads of them are just totally devoid of any common sense. Would anybody feel at all robbed to concede that goal?

A lot of them aren't black and white and that's just the nature of football I guess.

It's always going to be like this where VAR is concerned, a very even split.

Some people want football to be robotic, where every decision is bang on to the millimetre, despite what it takes away from the game.

Other people just prefer the game the way it was, despite the odd wrong decision. 

Exactly this. As a Spurs fan I obviously, the perspective for me is that it was used perfectly. If boot was on the other foot though, I admit I'd be raging, especially after dominating the game as City did.

I'm still not a fan of VAR. The offside call for City against West Ham was ridiculous in their first game was ridiculous. I was happy with just goal line technology to be honest. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 20/08/2019 at 18:30, LFCMadLad said:

Some people want football to be robotic, where every decision is bang on to the millimetre, despite what it takes away from the game.

But you can’t take away facts. Offside by a yard or a mm is offside. First you start letting it go, then you might as well not have goal line technology as you could say the ball is almost over the line,  it not by 1mm but we’ll let you have it. You either embrace all of it or none of it. Change the rules by all means, but offside is a decision based on fact, not interpretation.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, FootyFiles said:

Exactly this. As a Spurs fan I obviously, the perspective for me is that it was used perfectly. If boot was on the other foot though, I admit I'd be raging, especially after dominating the game as City did.

I'm still not a fan of VAR. The offside call for City against West Ham was ridiculous in their first game was ridiculous. I was happy with just goal line technology to be honest. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don’t think City dominating the game should have anything to do with this though. I also don’t think this a VAR issue. I’m no fan of it but in this instance it did its job perfectly. It spotted the deviation off the arm into the path of the striker who scored - meaning it rightly disallowed the goal. Where the dispute should and could come is with the rule change but let’s not forget this is something Pep wanted last season. Frustrating for them to fall foul of it - but overall VAR was applied correctly and successfully on this occasion.  

Welcome to the forums. If you want to know who to trust and who not to there is a solid hierarchy list in general chat to follow

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

But you can’t take away facts. Offside by a yard or a mm is offside. First you start letting it go, then you might as well not have goal line technology as you could say the ball is almost over the line,  it not by 1mm but we’ll let you have it. You either embrace all of it or none of it. Change the rules by all means, but offside is a decision based on fact, not interpretation.

Not really because goal line technology shows that the whole of the ball has to cross the line... easy.

Calling offside when a players fingernail is ahead of play is pathetic, especially when the rules say that it should favour the attacker. I mean, if they wanted, VAR could rule out every single open play goal that's ever scored if they wanted. Little fouls happen all the time in lead up to goals. A little push, a bit of bad language etc etc... where does it end?

I embrace none of it to be fair. The odd bad decision by a referee was tolerable compared to this shit show that is VAR.

Its all anyone talks about now. The game itself is just in the shadow. Get back to basics, to the game that everyone loved, instead of all this americanised shite. 

No doubt little girls shaking pom poms whilst dancing to Kylie songs will be brought in soon for half time entertainment.

Archived