talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheff Utd 1-0 Crystal Palace - Sunday 18th August, 2019

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 14.00

Live on Sky Sports

220px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png     VS     821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png

Match History (all Championship)
Crystal Palace 1-0 Sheff Utd
Sheff Utd 3-2 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace 1-0 Sheff Utd
Sheff Utd 2-0 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace 0-0 Sheff Utd

Head to Head Record
Sheff Utd - 20 wins
Draws - 12
Crystal Palace - 21 wins

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Scott Dann just clearly told the referee to fuck off presumably for giving Baldock a yellow instead of a red. Good job he didn't punch the floor in frustration like Schneiderlin last week instead of swearing at the referee or he would have been booked for dissent.

4 points out of 6 for Sheffield United. Their squad looks extremely mediocre and looks like it firmly belongs in the Championship so you have to give the manager credit.

Newcastle simply hoping that there's 3 teams worse than them might not be a great plan after all...

• The title was changed to Sheff Utd 1-0 Crystal Palace - Sunday 18th August, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
21 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Theres never going to be a more difficult time to play Sheffield United so I'm not reading anything in to that performance at all.

Really? I'm not having that from us at all next week personally, granted it's a banana skin for sure.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Dan said:

Really? I'm not having that from us at all next week personally, granted it's a banana skin for sure.

Heard on MOTD that they've kept a clean sheet in all but 2 of their their homes games since December...

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Stan said:

Heard on MOTD that they've kept a clean sheet in all but 2 of their their homes games since December...

I'm not for one minute claiming we'll roll them over and think we'd do very well to win it (although I'd argue we are better than any side they have played at home since December) but I wouldn't be tolerating playing like shit in any league game tbh.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Playing them next week should hopefully be a different kettle of fish to be fair. The atmosphere yesterday was phenomenal and the players were more up for it than ever before given its there first Premier League game in over 12 years. They drew to Rafa's Liverpool in the same circumstance 13 years ago.

Aston Villa at home is the big one this month for us. Lose that and we could be in trouble.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Playing them next week should hopefully be a different kettle of fish to be fair. The atmosphere yesterday was phenomenal and the players were more up for it than ever before given its there first Premier League game in over 12 years. They drew to Rafa's Liverpool in the same circumstance 13 years ago.

Aston Villa at home is the big one this month for us. Lose that and we could be in trouble.

I think next week it could be even better as it's at a better kick off time. No doubt it's a tricky circumstance and I never like playing promoted sides early (we have played one in August in each of the last five seasons) but I couldn't just brush off a loss to them that easily. I'll be annoyed if we lose.

I agree that's a very big game. You're notoriously bad starters aren't you?

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think next week it could be even better as it's at a better kick off time. No doubt it's a tricky circumstance and I never like playing promoted sides early (we have played one in August in each of the last five seasons) but I couldn't just brush off a loss to them that easily. I'll be annoyed if we lose.

I agree that's a very big game. You're notoriously bad starters aren't you?

Yep, start bad and finish well. Only problem is that this season our final three games are Spurs, Wolves and United. So we will need to pull our finger out a little earlier than usual to stay up.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No, I was referring to the miss spelling and missed out words xD

He’s Serbian you meanie, give him a break. English doesn’t come naturally to him 

Archived