Leicester 1-2 Chelsea

Head to Head Record
Chelsea - 56 wins
Draws - 32
Leicester - 26 wins

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d still start Tammy. Him continuing to get games will benefit in the long run, also the best suited for Lampard’s system. 

Pulisic, Mount, Pedro supporting him. 

Kante and Jorginho midfield 

Same defence unless Rudiger is fit 

• Administrator

Not confident with this. Reckon Chelsea will win narrowly. I do wonder how their European exploits may affect them. But similarly to the Wolves game, I don't think it'll have a significant effect. 

I'd like to think we're more attacking and forward-playing. Last week had too many shades of a Puel performance for my liking. 

• Subscriber

I'm not either. I think too many of our fans have fallen for the hype a bit this season. We're all excited but I've not seen enough yet to say with any confidence that we'll get something from this. It's all too set up for a Chelsea win and Abraham goal as well.

Chelsea will give us more space than Wolves did but if we set up like we did last week then I can't really see how we'll make use of it, we didn't stretch Wolves at all, we played right into their hands and this has become a habit of ours too often.

I don't think it's implausible we get a point or even all three but people shouldn't go into this expecting it. Would be quite a statement if we did win it though.

I'd seriously consider not starting Maddison at all in this daft as that may sound, if he wants his three in midfield then I think you've got to play Ndidi holding and Choudhury as a bit of the all-rounder with Tielemans for me over Maddison as the creator. I think in our next two games against Sheff Utd and Bournemouth I'd go Maddison and Tielemans but not this one. Perez poor last week but it's one game and he deserves a good run now. Barnes I'd start on the left. Defence picks itself. Really hope Soyuncu has a performance like last week and to be honest he's probably going to need it.

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

I’d still start Tammy. Him continuing to get games will benefit in the long run, also the best suited for Lampard’s system. 

Pulisic, Mount, Pedro supporting him. 

Kante and Jorginho midfield 

Same defence unless Rudiger is fit 

I wouldn't start Tammy if I were Lampard. I'd either go with the striker who's scored recently, because goals should be rewarded... or both Giroud and Tammy should be punished for their poor finishing against us (and yes, I know Giroud did score - I did just say that, but other than the goal his finishing was pretty abysmal) and give Batashuayi a go.

This one's winnable as fuck for Chelsea, especially with Kante in the midfield. 

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn't start Tammy if I were Lampard. I'd either go with the striker who's scored recently, because goals should be rewarded... or both Giroud and Tammy should be punished for their poor finishing against us (and yes, I know Giroud did score - I did just say that, but other than the goal his finishing was pretty abysmal) and give Batashuayi a go.

Disagree. Best thing for Tammy is to have a manager who continues to believe in him. Hit the post against United and won us the penalty Wednesday, so he does contribute despite the criticism. Think he just needs to break his duck. 

Tammy is also best suited for Lampard’s football. Quick transition and pressing high up the pitch. Batshuayi for some reason looks to be out of favor, that’s 4 managers now that don’t rate him. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Disagree. Best thing for Tammy is to have a manager who continues to believe in him. Hit the post against United and won us the penalty Wednesday, so he does contribute despite the criticism. Think he just needs to break his duck. 

Tammy is also best suited for Lampard’s football. Quick transition and pressing high up the pitch. Batshuayi for some reason looks to be out of favor, that’s 4 managers now that don’t rate him. 

Agree with Cicero here.. got to keep going with him, been a bit unlucky so far but pretty sure once he has got a couple his confidence will start flowing.. If you also consider that the penalty he missed was only due to Adrian being allowed to move 2 foot closer to him off his line you could consider he has just been a bit unfortunate... 

• Administrator

Talking of Abraham, we love giving players their first goals either ever for the club or a goal after a long drought. 

Abraham is definitely scoring on Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Agree with Cicero here.. got to keep going with him, been a bit unlucky so far but pretty sure once he has got a couple his confidence will start flowing.. If you also consider that the penalty he missed was only due to Adrian being allowed to move 2 foot closer to him off his line you could consider he has just been a bit unfortunate... 

I don't know, that sitter he missed screamed of a striker lacking in self-belief. I can see the benefit of allowing a young player to try to play his way into form, especially if you truly believe they're the long-term future at striker in the new system Chelsea is going to employ. At the same time, he's being asked to make a big step up so there's already pressure from that. And yeah, he's been unlucky... but he doesn't look confident at all (and Adrian was a few inches from his line lol, glad the referee let that go because it's a decent punishment for Tammy going down before there was contact for the penalty awarded, but all in all I don't think it mattered. I've seen other Chelsea fans say "he looked like he was going to miss when he walked up") right now and attempting to play him into form could backfire if he goes on a long goal drought. As you could end up with a young player who's confidence is shattered and he'll second guess everything he does on the pitch.

He's being asked to be very mentally resilient at a pretty young age. If he believes in himself enough to play himself into form, then fair enough it's worth a shot for Lampard to try it. At the same time, he's only 21 and there's going to be plenty of time for him to get a chance this season. Perhaps off the back of a penalty being saved which brought him to tears, receiving a torrent of racial abuse on social media, and having missed that easy tap in chance isn't the best time to keep throwing him into the deep end. Especially with that racism shite.

I also think when you see something that works as a manager is trying to figure something out, it's good to take what works and milk that for as long as you can. Seeing how Giroud and Pedro were combining against us would have me encouraged about the two of them playing together like that in the same system. Obviously, Giroud (despite scoring) also spurned some good chances... and he's kind of got a history of that. But if you get Pedro and Giround linking up like that pretty regularly... and I think you'll get a decent amount of goals from both Pedro and Giroud.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Talking of Abraham, we love giving players their first goals either ever for the club or a goal after a long drought. 

Abraham is definitely scoring on Sunday. 

Adrian & Lonergan should read this and just think about what one of their goal kicks might be able to do.

Lonergan's actually scored a goal against Leicester before xD - the clip of that demonstrates some abysmal goalkeeping from whoever was in nets for you

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Adrian & Lonergan should read this and just think about what one of their goal kicks might be able to do.

Lonergan's actually scored a goal against Leicester before xD - the clip of that demonstrates some abysmal goalkeeping from whoever was in nets for you

I know mate. It's like the only thing Lonergan has ever done in his career.

It was against Kevin Pressman, the big fatso. Cunt could barely jump even though the ball was literally just above him.

• Subscriber

We might be vulnerable at the back to be honest. Soyuncu had a brilliant game last week but he's still very much finding his feet at this level. I'd say it's a good chance for Abraham to get his goal.

• Subscriber

Looking forward to this one, I think we'll learn a lot about both sides. I made my predictions before the Super Cup and think I went for a Leicester win. Less convinced after Chelsea's strong performance midweek but I'm sticking with it as they've had to come back off 120 minutes in Turkey without loads of opportunity to rotate. 

On 16/08/2019 at 18:57, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know, that sitter he missed screamed of a striker lacking in self-belief. I can see the benefit of allowing a young player to try to play his way into form, especially if you truly believe they're the long-term future at striker in the new system Chelsea is going to employ. At the same time, he's being asked to make a big step up so there's already pressure from that. And yeah, he's been unlucky

I think if he changed his name from 'Tammy' to something a bit more threatening might help him... If that had been my nickname I might have been inclined to change it so I was known as Joe the 'Scorpion' as a striker for example so goalkeepers up and down the country start getting jelly legs at the thought of trying to keep my shots out of the back of the net or maybe Joe 'The Bull' if I was a defender having strikers up and down the country sweating buckets at the mere mention of my name on the team sheet... If I had been called Joe 'The Durex' during my playing time I don't think I would have done as well to be honest... 

Anyway, Hoping we can bounce on from that promising midweek game and 'Tammy' gets a hat trick.. third time lucky and all that.. 

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I think if he changed his name from 'Tammy' to something a bit more threatening might help him... If that had been my nickname I might have been inclined to change it so I was known as Joe the 'Scorpion' as a striker for example so goalkeepers up and down the country start getting jelly legs at the thought of trying to keep my shots out of the back of the net or maybe Joe 'The Bull' if I was a defender having strikers up and down the country sweating buckets at the mere mention of my name on the team sheet... If I had been called Joe 'The Durex' during my playing time I don't think I would have done as well to be honest... 

Anyway, Hoping we can bounce on from that promising midweek game and 'Tammy' gets a hat trick.. third time lucky and all that.. 

Personally when I’m lacking confidence I just have a quick wank and I feel much better. Tammy should try that

Looks like Mount is preferred to Barkley, picked the wrong one for my fantasy team.

Think this will be a close game, have Chelsea to edge it, but expect Leicester to give them trouble.  Won't be surprised if it ends up even.

The ref is late because of traffic (lol, I assumed they show up hours ahead to avoid stuff like this), so he’s not going to be the ref and Chelsea and Leicester get someone who’s never reffed a premier league match. The actual ref is going to be the 4th official.

Pretty shambolic to be late to your job on an internationally televised event for an industry making billions. Wonder if we’re in for some diabolical officiating 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 1-1 Leicester - Sunday 18th August, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived