talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolves 1-1 Man Utd - Monday 19th August, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

I think it's a dive, but there was a small amount of contact as he went over, so I guess they can't call it "clear and obvious"

On the offside thing, it's where do you draw the line? You have to draw it somewhere because they can do the lines on the pitch and get the right decision even if there's only about a milimeter in it. So at some point you're going to have to decide "it's so close, let's not bother". Base it on some defined distance and you're ultimately just moving the line further forward (and actually adding complexity when the VAR people do their lines superimposed on the pitch). You'll still get incredibly tight decisions. Base it on some guy's judgement and we're back to the old problem with biases and human error.

Yeah football's rules are fucking impossible to make black and white.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah football's rules are fucking impossible to make black and white.

And now VAR becomes the scapegoat on some occasions...

• Subscriber

In the end it was a fair result. That header which bounced out could have changed the entire game as could have the penalty but both teams should be happy with that result. I am surprised given the statistics not favouring Pogba that he is still taking penalties.

Really interesting game tactically, OGS nailed it first half (overloaded right hand side, role of Lingard underrated).

Traore introduction changed game and stopped Shaw getting forward as well as he had been doing

• Subscriber

Ole, stop Pogba taking the penalty kicks and stop saying I leave it down to Pogba & Rashford to decide who is taking the penalty kicks, Rashford end of, Pogba is a showboater if he had put that away then he would have done his little showboat routine of dancing around whatever smiling and waving as if he was the greatest thing since Pelé, he missed and he thought the earth was going to suck him in, I wish it had.

And stop making De Gea as captain, I have never liked a goalkeeper as a captain, it should be someone like Roy Keane and in the thick of things and if he was playing yesterday and captain he would have told Pogba to fuck off and let Rashford take the penalty.  

Saying all that well done Wolfs and I hope they do well this season and I would love it if they won the Europa. :congrats:

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not been a great year and a bit for Lingard...

Another Pogba scores a goal whenever then runs over to the corner flag and then does his little dance routine, another United player who thinks he is the Bees Knees because he plays for England and he loves his mobile selfies too much. 

I would genuinely rather Pogba got hobbled by that mad cunt from Misery than sell him for a billion quid. 

Ole is a fucking yes man with zero bollocks about him. Club still full of cunts like Pogba, Martial, Lingard, Sanchez etc etc etfuckincetera.

Also, the recruitment policy at this club is a fucking joke. £80m for a bang average journeyman defender. Kinell

Bit harsh on Maguire, while he's maybe not elite level I think he will do ok at Manchester United, he's certainly very comfortable with the ball. Lingard is dreadful though, really don't know how he continues to fool people, he's also appearing in loads of adverts now too, I thought you had to be at least handsome for that? Not some rodent faced twat.

Don't know how people are construing that as a Pogba dive, Coady trips him clearly and acknowledge it straight away.

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Ole, stop Pogba taking the penalty kicks and stop saying I leave it down to Pogba & Rashford to decide who is taking the penalty kicks, Rashford end of, Pogba is a showboater if he had put that away then he would have done his little showboat routine of dancing around whatever smiling and waving as if he was the greatest thing since Pelé, he missed and he thought the earth was going to suck him in, I wish it had.

And stop making De Gea as captain, I have never liked a goalkeeper as a captain, it should be someone like Roy Keane and in the thick of things and if he was playing yesterday and captain he would have told Pogba to fuck off and let Rashford take the penalty.  

Saying all that well done Wolfs and I hope they do well this season and I would love it if they won the Europa. :congrats:

It really did look like it affected him confidence-wise, he seemed to hide a bit after that penalty miss.

The way he runs pisses me off as well.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

It really did look like it affected him confidence-wise, he seemed to hide a bit after that penalty miss.

The way he runs pisses me off as well.

He should pull his finger out and play a full 90+ in every match and not like a hot and cold tap and get rid of his bloody leach of an agent in Raiola who is making him believe he is the greatest player on planet earth, all Raiola is doing is putting money in his bank via Pogba and other players he has under his wing.

The media guys keep going on about the pinpoint passes he makes, FFS I have seen Glen Hoddle make a pass from the backline in the goalmouth to a player upfield running down the wing and there was more in Hoddles game than pinpoint passes, he played a full 90+ minutes with none of the hot & cold routines.   

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The media guys keep going on about the pinpoint passes he makes, FFS I have seen Glen Hoddle make a pass from the backline in the goalmouth to a player upfield running down the wing and there was more in Hoddles game than pinpoint passes, he played a full 90+ minutes with none of the hot & cold routines.   

3 hours ago, Vegan Kel said:

I would genuinely rather Pogba got hobbled by that mad cunt from Misery than sell him for a billion quid. 

Ole is a fucking yes man with zero bollocks about him. Club still full of cunts like Pogba, Martial, Lingard, Sanchez etc etc etfuckincetera.

Also, the recruitment policy at this club is a fucking joke. £80m for a bang average journeyman defender. Kinell

Has he started parking in the managers car park space yet? xD

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

His career is a myth. Been living off some bizarre falsity that he’s only 22 years old and 2 Wembley goals. 

He must have compromising pics of Woodward, I can’t think of any reason why he’s still at United other than blackmail

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He must have compromising pics of Woodward, I can’t think of any reason why he’s still at United other than blackmail

It’s just another “we’ve had an academy player in every matchday squad since the dawn of civilisation” bollocks that the club love. I’d rather fucking win something if I’m honest.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

9_9 talk about overreacting. Messi, aguero, and many more miss penalties. If I ain't mistaken he was 8 out of 11 last year.

I'll give you another stat, almost 100 PL games. Close to 30 goals and STILL ZERO ERROR(S) that have lead to a goal.  

xD

6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Has he started parking in the managers car park space yet? xD

I'd have fucked him off the second he refused to do that. How do you expect Pogba and the rest of them to respect the authority of a man who doesn't even respect it himself? Smithers behaviour

22 hours ago, Stan said:

But it has to be checked before you figure out if it's 'blatantly offside'. Otherwise you have replays after play has restarted and you'd be like 'ah that should have been checked'. 

What's 'blatant' as well? Define it. Is it a specific measurement? A specific distance between player and defender? Daylight between the 2? Ask yourself those and in order to get the answer, it has to be checked.

The rule for offside (not VAR) is that if you're 1mm offside, you're offside. If you're level and/or behind the defender, you're onside. There's no such thing as 'blatant offside' in the rules and that's the case before VAR. If you check an offside through VAR, you can't give a goal just because the striker was only 1mm offside. It literally negates the idea of having a review in the first place let alone the actual laws of the game.

Blatantly offside is an expression, not a rule. I don't think it should be used for something like a shoulder being a milimetre offside, but I do think it should be used for standing offside with one foot at the very least. Referee's have eyes and are trained for this, they shouldn't rely on VAR to check every single goal. A hunch of mine is that VAR makes the referee look like a peasant because its the one who obligates him to check errors he could have missed.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived