• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 17th August, 2019

football forum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Ugly performance from us at times. We didn't keep the ball well. Hopefully Lucas Digne is fine for the next game. Three points is three points, defence have started the season very well with two clean sheets. Not bad for short armed basket case Pickford and flop who's not cut out for this level Mina.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Ugly performance from us at times. We didn't keep the ball well. Hopefully Lucas Digne is fine for the next game. Three points is three points, defence have started the season very well with two clean sheets. Not bad for short armed basket case Pickford and flop who's not cut out for this level Mina.

I'm never going to forget that pressurless awful performance by Mina for Barcelona in a game to go all season undefeated against Levante. He totally collapsed under a nothing situation and Barcelona found themselves having to come back from 4-0 down.

1 minute ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Really good result. 

To be fair to Adrian, he made important saves in each halves. Stupid error, but it didn't cost us. 

It's worrying he's made the same mistake twice in a game though

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's worrying he's made the same mistake twice in a game though

I think it's down to him wanting to play out the ball, a quality which he doesn't posses. Unlike Alisson or Ederson he isn't that good with his feet. 

Maybe the coach should tell him to do just the basics. Not try to be like Alisson. 

• Subscriber

Only the very elite goalkeepers and some of the ones in the next tier down can pass the ball around effectively at the moment. In another few years you might find that more of the average/backup calibre of goalkeepers because it has become commonplace in senior football in recent years, but right now it's very difficult to find a goalkeeper who is of the level where he is happy to play second fiddle whilst also being good enough to play the ball out well.

That said, you shouldn't need to be that good at passing the ball around to avoid a mistake like that one from Adrian.

4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I think it's down to him wanting to play out the ball, a quality which he doesn't posses. Unlike Alisson or Ederson he isn't that good with his feet. 

Maybe the coach should tell him to do just the basics. Not try to be like Alisson. 

Hopefully that's the case going forward. I don't want to be too critical because I know he's only a back up but that's not to do with his passing ability, it's concentration.

Really really worrying from us. Tactically not working again in defence or attack and it has subsequently led to the worst body language and mentality we've had since our last relegation. I'm really quite shocked how quickly that has happened this season. They stopped running at 2-0. We haven't conceded 3 away goals to a side outside of the top sides since our return to the Premier League.

Players still off the pace. Some of the blame for that has to go on dipshit Charnley who knew in May we needed a new manager and didn't appoint one until 3 and a half weeks before the season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived