talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Timo Werner - Chelsea Complete Deal

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see this guy abroad. Think he'd do well in Spain but he should join a club with bigger ambitions. Valencia are at the risk of being mid table. Maybe they need quality players like Werner to make the step up but oh well, it's risky for him.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, nudge said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Werner already has an agreement to join Bayern on a free transfer next season once his contract expires. 

Theres been alot of rumblings about this funny enough. The only constant I had been hearing is hes refusing to extend his contract with RB anyways.

8 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Theres been alot of rumblings about this funny enough. The only constant I had been hearing is hes refusing to extend his contract with RB anyways.

It's not really 'funnily enough' though. Bayern are famous for tapping up the best talents in Germany, getting them to run down their contracts, before signing them either for free or at a reduced fee.

No surprise at all. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's not really 'funnily enough' though. Bayern are famous for tapping up the best talents in Germany, getting them to run down their contracts, before signing them either for free or at a reduced fee.

No surprise at all. 

Alright there bud.

Just now, Faithcore said:

Werner is overrated imo. He's fast and he can finish but I think he's not a good enough to start for a team like Bayern.

I could see Werner's talent when he made his debut as a teenager for Stuttgart. He had his best season yet last season at Leipzig. I think he would do well as the main striker at Bayern. He would have so much talent around him creating chances for him, I am sure he would thrive at Bayern.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool-linked-striker-agrees-new-contract-with-bargain-e30m-clause

The latest report out today, suggests that Werner had a 30 million Euro release clause inserted into his newly signed contract at RB Leipzig. I don't think that amount of money will put Bayern or Liverpool off buying him, if they are still interested in him at the end of next season.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool-linked-striker-agrees-new-contract-with-bargain-e30m-clause

The latest report out today, suggests that Werner had a 30 million Euro release clause inserted into his newly signed contract at RB Leipzig. I don't think that amount of money will put Bayern or Liverpool off buying him, if they are still interested in him at the end of next season.

That’s actually pretty reasonable considering the state of the transfer market. A lot less than we paid them for Keita, for instance.

• Subscriber

The exit clause appears to be more complex than that. It is reportedly a bit over 30 million "base fee" but it can then go up to 60 million based on Werner's performances (scored goals) and titles won by his new club that signs him. Also the exit clause is supposed to decrease with every season he spends at Leipzig.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

The exit clause appears to be more complex than that. It is reportedly a bit over 30 million "base fee" but it can then go up to 60 million based on Werner's performances (scored goals) and titles won by his new club that signs him. Also the exit clause is supposed to decrease with every season he spends at Leipzig.

That makes more sense, given their stance with Keita.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Timo Werner - Chelsea Complete Deal

Archived