talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Diadie Samassekou - Moving to Hoffenheim?

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ...Dan said:

6 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Well the Bundesliga is of a higher standard than Ligue 1 and he will have a chance to be a regular starter at Hoffenheim. This probably wouldn't be the case at PSG or Dortmund who were also after him. I am not surprised that all the top French sides were after Diadie Samassekou, he is a real talent and I think he has serious world class potential in my opinion. Mid-table Hoffenheim is probably the best move for him at this point in time. He will get regular football in a very strong league, which will only improve him as a player. I think it was a wise move by Samassekou and I think Hoffenheim have bought a bargain, as the transfer fee of 14 million Euros is a very low fee these days.

Diadie Samassekou has officially joined Hoffenheim for 14 million Euros. I think that is a real bargain in today's transfer market. Samassekou seems to have immense talent and a very bright future. 

I guess that O.Lyon, PSG, Marseille, Monaco and Dortmund are the losers here, for not beating Hoffenheim to such a talent like Samassekou. I would imagine that his transfer fee/value will double or triple in the not too distant future.

5 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Great signing and a bargain.

I completely agree Dan, Hoffenheim have a real bargain. 14 million Euros is peanuts for a player of Samassekou's quality. In a couple of seasons I can see clubs bidding like 50. 60 or 70 million Euros in order to buy him. He is an excellent midfielder and is only under valued right now because he hasn't yet proven himself in a major league. But he has shown his quality already against some world class opposition both in the Europa League and for his national team.

• Subscriber

Really don't understand why Salzburg let him leave for such a low price unless he had a clause written in his contract... Another key player they lost this summer. Not that I mind that; hope that will make the league harder to win for them.

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

Really don't understand why Salzburg let him leave for such a low price unless he had a clause written in his contract... Another key player they lost this summer. Not that I mind that; hope that will make the league harder to win for them.

Yes, it is quite surprising that they sell their best players for low prices. Their great midfield that brought Salzburg so much success have all been sold off...Haidara, Hannes Wolf, Schlager and now Samassekou. That was the midfield quartet that made Salzburg a real force in Europe and an excellent teams to behold. But now all those great midfielders have been sold off and none of them was sold for over 20 million Euros. 

Salzburg have lost out by selling all that talent, but they still do well picking up some very promising youngsters. So lets hope that they still continue to produce many talented young footballers. By the way, there was no mention of there being  a clause in Samassekou's contract, I think that Salzburg just sell off these players for a relatively low amount of money, because they are still making  a profit by selling such players. They seem to be one of these clubs that develop many talented footballers and then sell them off for a profit in a few years time.

• The topic was locked

Archived