talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/2020 - Matchday 1 - Aug 16-18th

football forum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And right before the season starts, we get a wave of bad luck when it comes to injuries. Ampomah out, Barkok out for a longer time too. Ah well, I just want to see a good fight and maybe, just maybe, we get a point. That'd feel like a win. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

And right before the season starts, we get a wave of bad luck when it comes to injuries. Ampomah out, Barkok out for a longer time too. Ah well, I just want to see a good fight and maybe, just maybe, we get a point. That'd feel like a win. 

First game in the season; everything is possible. We're missing most of our defenders (Veljkovic, Langkamp both out for longer; Augustinsson is out with muscle injury for this match) but luckily we got Toprak in time and Christian Groß from our reserves has been doing a fantastic job as well; Augustinsson missing means that Friedl will have to play as LB and I'm never comfortable with him there... Bargfrede is injured long-term as well; Bartels just underwent another knee surgery and I think Füllkrug is still not 100% fit.

We'll probably play the same formation as in the Pokal match with Toprak replacing Groß in the starting XI. So most likely:

----------------------Pavlenka
TGS-------Toprak--------Moisander-------Friedl
------------------------Sahin
-----M.Eggestein--------Klaassen
------------------------Osako
-------Sargent-----------------Rashica

I think we should win but wouldn't be surprised with a draw either. I really hope we'll do better than last season in terms of wasting points against teams we're capable of beating...

Can’t wait for the season to finally begin. I think all of our players are now back in full training so going into the season with plenty of options. 

Should be 3 points at home to Paderborn on Saturday and a few goals would be nice too. 

We have 3 winnable fixtures to start to build up some confidence before the very annoying international break. Then it’s the first big text away to Dortmund.

On 14/08/2019 at 16:02, nudge said:

----------------------Pavlenka
TGS-------Toprak--------Moisander-------Friedl
------------------------Sahin
-----M.Eggestein--------Klaassen
------------------------Osako
-------Sargent-----------------Rashica

That's not bad. So much talent, really. Looks like a Europa League spot team to me. I just hope we'll be able to give you a good fight. Kowancki out too, which is a huge blow. Excited about young Shinta Appelkamp being in the match squad though. Only 18 years old from our own youth, and he looked promising in a few pre-season friendlies. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Hope they score three own goals.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they go on to have a terrible season and not win it but I need the points already.. don't want to kick off the season with a big fat zero for this one.. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Quite a defensive formation. 

Steffen and Baker. We have the allies on our side :usa::UK:

Thommy starts for you :x

Our lineup is just like I posted before only with Johannes Eggestein instead of Josh Sargent!

ECLDt9SWsAE4XdI?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Subscriber

I knew we were always going to concede as long as we fail to score after dominating for most of the first half xD A bit lucky but brutally effective by Fortuna. Disappointed with Rashica so far; Klaassen less active than he normally is as well. Oh well, looks like another case for agent Pizarro to solve!

ROUWEN HENNINGS FUßBALLGOTT! We are playing well, considering the circumstances. Werder had the better attacks, but we still seems relatively organized in defence, and Zack Steffen oozes calmness and confidence. Hennings is not the best striker, but he has his moments. Brilliant assist by Karaman as well. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived