talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dani Olmo - Wolves Interested

Ajax are closing in on the signing of Spanish midfielder Dani Olmo, who had also been a target for Manchester United over the summer.

Ajax have opened transfer talks with Olmo and are prepared to pay around €22m to lure him away from Dinamo Zagreb.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There's been quite a bit of talk about Olmo who has gone under the radar for a few years. This shows the good work Ajax do with scouting.

Marc Overmars was interviewed after the PAOK game, he wasn't impressed with the midfield void left by de Jong and Schone as Ajax got exposed in midfield a lot as they failed to keep the ball in keys areas.  He is worried against bigger teams that this will be very serious problem so they are in the market to get a ball playing midfielder before the window closes and Ajax hopefully should make the group stages now in the Champions League.  They have got Marin but looking at him he is very different to de Jong as Ajax have currently put Blind in the de Jong position for now.  Olmo will certainly add a lot of quality to the Ajax team.

3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Marc Overmars was interviewed after the PAOK game, he wasn't impressed with the midfield void left by de Jong and Schone as Ajax got exposed in midfield a lot as they failed to keep the ball in keys areas.  He is worried against bigger teams that this will be very serious problem so they are in the market to get a ball playing midfielder before the window closes and Ajax hopefully should make the group stages now.  They have got Marin but looking at him he is very different to de Jong as Ajax have currently put Blind in the de Jong position for now.  Olmo will certainly add a lot of quality to the Ajax team.

I watched the PAOK game and Ajax certainly looked lost in midfield for long periods. It was a whole different setup to last season and that's not surprising. I feel sorry for Ten Haag as anything that could possibly happen on the negative this season would ultimately come down on him while what he's shown with class players last season is an ability to outshine the best in Europe.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I watched the PAOK game and Ajax certainly looked lost in midfield for long periods. It was a whole different setup to last season and that's not surprising. I feel sorry for Ten Haag as anything that could possibly happen on the negative this season would ultimately come down on him while what he's shown with class players last season is an ability to outshine the best in Europe.

It shows really what a special player de Jong really is and how important that kind of player is, de Ligt won't be too much of a miss but the only thing is that he was Dutch and one of Ajax's own.  Going forward Ajax are still a huge threat but its just midfield they need to sort out in the next 2 weeks.

32 minutes ago, Panna King said:

It shows really what a special player de Jong really is and how important that kind of player is, de Ligt won't be too much of a miss but the only thing is that he was Dutch and one of Ajax's own.  Going forward Ajax are still a huge threat but its just midfield they need to sort out in the next 2 weeks.

The midfield is detrimental to the mechanics of Ajax as it also is for Barcelona. Both clubs have gone through miserable times historically in the past due to being either poor or mediocre in that department. It's why Diego Simeone last week in an interview for Argentinian newspaper, La Nación said that clubs with an ingrained style of play suffer the most through depressions than clubs like Real Madrid. I'm placing it in simple terms because one would have to either listen to or read the whole interview to understand all of this.

Ajax suffering in midfield hurts them alot.

There's talk of him being called up to the Spain squad for the next round of qualifiers. Would be a brilliant signing for Ajax, assume it would see maybe Ziyech or Neres moving on? 3 goals in 3 champions league games and 1 in 1 in the league, shows he's on form

13 hours ago, Panna King said:

Ajax's offer has been made quite public, they have offered 22 million euros with a 40% sell on clause, they are also offering Olmo a 5 years contract.

If they get him for that its a potential steal

This one is getting more and more confusing as the days go past. Looks like AC Milan are chucking everything at this signing after almost everything had seemingly been agreed between Ajax, the player and Dynamo Zagreb.

On 18/08/2019 at 07:47, SirBalon said:

This one is getting more and more confusing as the days go past. Looks like AC Milan are chucking everything at this signing after almost everything had seemingly been agreed between Ajax, the player and Dynamo Zagreb.

Ten Hag was asked at the press conference on Saturday after Ajax's match regarding the Olmo transfer rumours, He said that he is happy with the group of players he has now but if one is to leave then he will have to bring in another player.  Well Ajax are selling Dolberg for over 20 million euros so I guess hopefully Olmo will be brought in.

On 21 August 2019 at 23:41, cb_96 said:

Atletico in for Olmo now

With my next comment one should consider it extremely sad that it's actually gotten to that stage, but if it's true that Atlético Madrid have also joined the race to sign Olmo, then surely AC Milan must be his last choice or one that he can completely discard. Not that both Ajax and Atleti aren't absolutely massive, but here we're talking about AC Milan and if one stops to think, then one should be genuinely shocked at what they have become.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, cb_96 said:

Another good performance last night, only a matter of time before he moves I’d expect 

Yeah, I've now got my eye out on this Zagreb team. The whole team impressed me, but Dani Olmo stuck out because of his age and La Masia past.

16 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Yeah, I've now got my eye out on this Zagreb team. The whole team impressed me, but Dani Olmo stuck out because of his age and La Masia past.

Fantastic result against a decent Atalanta side as well, leaves the group wide open

• The title was changed to Dani Olmo - Atletico Want Zagreb Midfielder
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Dani Olmo - Wolves Interested
7 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.b58af6f3cf8c0bcb619cfcd0383b8029.png

Wolves are interested in signing Dinamo Zagreb and Spain midfielder Dani Olmo, 21, in the January transfer window and are willing to pay up to 25m euros (£21.3m) (Sportske Novosti, via Calcio Mercato)

According to several reports, Dani Olmo has agreed to join RB Leipzig ahead of Wolves and AC Milan, the other two clubs that are heavily interested in signing him.

Indeed it is said that RB Leipzig will only pay 16 million euros upfront to sign Olmo. However, the various bonuses included in the deal, could possibly eventually see Leipzig paying an extra 30 million euros.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/sempremilan.com/sportske-spain-winger-chooses-next-destination-amid-milan-leipzig-and-wolves-links/amp

According to reports, Dani Olmo's  move to RB Leipzig will be made official very soon. Most recently, RB Leipzig have beaten off Barcelona and Atletico Madrid to Olmo's signature. The transfer fee for Olmo is now estimated to be around €30 million but with the various add ons included in the deal, Leipzig could eventually be paying around €45 million in total for Dani Olmo.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/01/23/football/1579776692_084573.html

• The topic was locked

Archived