• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

One Club Men

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a more contentious one...

David O'Leary who is a total Arsenal legend and played for 18 years at the club from 1975 to 1993 (558 appearances for thr Gunners) then moved to end his career at Leeds United where he played all of 12 times for them. For me O'Leary is a one club player no matter what anyone says.

D5kROqPWkAICDga.jpg

David-OLeary-Hand-Signed-Arsenal-12x8-Ph

• Subscriber

Tony Hibbert and Leon Osman, apart from loans, always played for us.

Happens less now, with FFP and the more cut throat, less local pride driven running of football clubs, they try and get rid of players when they're finished at the top level, which could be as early as 33, so they take a step down and end up being more than one club men.

Even John Terry, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard played for another club after they left Chelsea/Liverpool whereas they'd probably have stayed until retiring as players ten years ago.

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Ha,, Rossi SHOULD have been one, but Roma fucked it up. 

Totti of course is the one man team, and is the definition of what Roma are. 

It is 'de Rossi' and he fucked it up by being a bit shit the last few years and earning faaaar too much. Besides, there is a reason why Totti and de Rossi were always in the headlines, they were lockerroom divas and a bit thick.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

It is 'de Rossi' and he fucked it up by being a bit shit the last few years and earning faaaar too much. Besides, there is a reason why Totti and de Rossi were always in the headlines, they were lockerroom divas and a bit thick.

Just now, Spike said:

Ha - I'm well aware of his name. 

He did fuck up, but so did Roma. They both got in a pissing contest with neither conceeding. 

Totti cleaned up his image by the end of his career but before that he had some sheer moments of insanity. He stomped on Balotelli's leg for no reason, for instance. I believe there was a spitting incident as well. I think the stereotype of him in Italy is of a dumb jock.

I digress and I would like to add players like Bergomi, Mazzola, and Facchetti to the list for Inter Milan. They had a bunch of other players that nearly comitted their entire career to Inter as well, Baresi, Meazza, Corso, and a bunch of others in the early years of Italian football.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I digress and I would like to add players like Bergomi, Mazzola, and Facchetti to the list for Inter Milan. They had a bunch of other players that nearly comitted their entire career to Inter as well, Baresi, Meazza, Corso, and a bunch of others in the early years of Italian football.

Yes - back in a day and age where it was more common. It's why Facchetti has such a hugely significance to Inter Milan. Absolute legend. 

34 minutes ago, Spike said:

Totti cleaned up his image by the end of his career but before that he had some sheer moments of insanity. He stomped on Balotelli's leg for no reason, for instance. I believe there was a spitting incident as well. I think the stereotype of him in Italy is of a dumb jock.

Bergomi's career is an absolute unique status of total legend... Growing up he just seemed to be around forever. I remember him lifting the World Cup in 1982 for Italy (after Zoff, another legend let it go) given to him by our Italian King (Don Juan Carlos I).

Archived