The better place to talk football.

One Club Men

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Both cunts to be fair...:ph34r:

No respected them both, excellent players. 

What about current one team players that could retire in one club?

The most recent run includes:

Totti and Maldini and almost Rossi. 

• Subscriber

Don’t think you can be a one man club if you move to another club even if it’s after 10 or so years.

Will mean nothing to any of you but Grimsby had John McDermott. He made 754 appearances for us and only ever played for us. One of only 17 players to make more than 600 appearances for a single club in English football (although that fact is from Wikipedia).

36 minutes ago, True Blue said:

No more for almost can you fucking read!?!??!?!

:ph34r:

Ha,, Rossi SHOULD have been one, but Roma fucked it up. 

Totti of course is the one man team, and is the definition of what Roma are. 

46 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha.... To be honest I still count something like that as a "one club man".

Do you agree?

No because i regard a loan also as a "transfer", you missed a season or a few seasons playing for different clubs

1 hour ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Mohammed Aboutrika, before Salah he was the star of the Egyptian team. Had offers from Europe but spent his entire career playing for Al Ahly.

Edit: He's quite popular in Egypt and the Arab World, had real player power in the team

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC1gYedc-J5sftKXPu1ji

To be fair, they are the giants of Egpyt and one of the giants in Africa. 

38 minutes ago, True Blue said:

No one man club is a player who played for one club, even being loaned gets you out of that group.

I get it and officially you're right, there's no getting out of that. But for example someone like Iniesta who's gone to Japan to finalise his career is a one club payer for me at least.

Pelé who went from Santos to do his final promotional years at New York Cosmos is a one club player for me.

The curious thing about this is that Cristiano Ronaldo the other day used on a comparison level with Messi the fact he's played at more clubs adds something. Obviously that's rubbish although I get the argument behind it, it's not logical or factual to anything tangible as to determine greatness within the field.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I get it and officially you're right, there's no getting out of that. But for example someone like Iniesta who's gone to Japan to finalise his career is a one club payer for me at least.

Pelé who went from Santos to do his final promotional years at New York Cosmos is a one club player for me.

The curious thing about this is that Cristiano Ronaldo the other day used on a comparison level with Messi the fact he's played at more clubs adds something. Obviously that's rubbish although I get the argument behind it, it's not logical or factual to anything tangible as to determine greatness within the field.

I get what you're saying. 

Steven Gerrard to me is a man associated with one club, yet played a year or two in LA to finish his career. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No he isn't :ph34r:

But to answer @True Blue's questions - 

1.) For OL, I'm not sure their has ever been a one man club player. I had some faith that Lacazette would be that player, but with his move to Arsenal....

2.) Yes it rare. I think it's more and more rare for players to play an entire career for one team without getting loaned. Football is more global now than ever, so you have more intel of players from Asia, M.E. Africia, and South America, and with that means that more European clubs are widening their scouting and looking for these players, so I think often the loyalty factor is thrown out the door. The Messi's in this world are VERY rare, so while I hope Arour is a one club man, I just highly doubt that he'll stay here for much longer. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

I get what you're saying. 

Steven Gerrard to me is a man associated with one club, yet played a year or two in LA to finish his career. 

Exactly!

There is no way I can see Gerrard as anything other than a one club man.

Archived