• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kasper Dolberg - Moving to OGC Nice?

football forum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.football-oranje.com/hoffenheim-interested-in-loaning-dolberg/

Hoffenheim seem closest to signing him, although Nice and Leverkusen are the next two likeliest clubs who could sign him. Dolberg is an extremely talented striker, but I have heard that he is very injury prone. Not sure how true those rumours are though. Hopefully he is over the worst of his injuries, for his own sake.

1 hour ago, cb_96 said:

Doesn’t strike me as a big enough step up to leave Ajax, although not qualifying for the CL might change that

Well Leverkusen are probably better than Ajax personnel wise. While Hoffenheim and Nice would likely be able to pay higher wages than Ajax would be able to afford. I think for a young player like Dolberg, he would get more playing time at Hoffenheim or Nice. Ajax only have 1 central strikers position and right now the much more older and experienced Tadic and Huntelaar are ahead of Dolberg. 

Playing in a stronger league would also likely improve the young Dolberg as a player. Playing against tough opposition week in week out can only make him a better player.

• Administrator

Dolberg has the potential but hasn't really stepped up to the plate like his Ajax peers. I think a move to France would better suit him right now, being the main man at Nice rather than scrapping for a place at Leverkusen would be a confidence booster 

Yeah, at Ajax it is a case of getting as far again in Europe and trying to win the league against a competitive PSV. Tadic and Huntelaar are much more proven and much older. Dolberg would also definitely struggle to break into the Leverkusen team as well, with both Volland and Alario ahead of him in that central striker position. However Dolberg does have a good relationship with Bosz, the Leverkusen manager. Bosz was Dolberg's manager at Ajax a few seasons back and he really gave a teenage Dolberg his break at Ajax.

But yeah, I would think that Nice or Hoffenheim would probably be better options for Dolberg at this stage of his career. At 21, he could play regular football at either of these clubs and he wouldn't have as higher expectations placed on him as he would at Leverkusen or Ajax for example. At the same time, the much more competitive German and French leagues would almost certainly improve him as a player. 

My mistake I missed the Leverkusen link, yeah that would definitely make sense! One of the more replaceable options from Ajax's team I feel as well, likes of Ziyech and Neres would be more worrying to lose.

Cup tied in CL worth noting.

2 hours ago, cb_96 said:

My mistake I missed the Leverkusen link, yeah that would definitely make sense! One of the more replaceable options from Ajax's team I feel as well, likes of Ziyech and Neres would be more worrying to lose.

Cup tied in CL worth noting.

Neres and Ziyech are not leaving any time soon, the only reason why Dolberg is leaving he was told he will be 3rd choice striker this season behind Tadic and Huntelaar.

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Well Leverkusen are probably better than Ajax personnel wise. While Hoffenheim and Nice would likely be able to pay higher wages than Ajax would be able to afford. I think for a young player like Dolberg, he would get more playing time at Hoffenheim or Nice. Ajax only have 1 central strikers position and right now the much more older and experienced Tadic and Huntelaar are ahead of Dolberg. 

Playing in a stronger league would also likely improve the young Dolberg as a player. Playing against tough opposition week in week out can only make him a better player.

Ajax also have a huge talented striker coming through Brobbey so he will feature some point this season, Dolberg has had plenty of chances but just not the quality Ajax are looking for.

On 19/08/2019 at 00:12, Panna King said:

Reports are that Ajax have accepted a 25 million euro offer for Dolberg from Nice.

It looks like Dolberg is close to signing for Nice according to several reports, but it is also reported that Nice are also close to completing a deal to sign Augustin from Leipzig for 20-25 million Euros. Surely Nice can't be signing both strikers, they are not that wealthy. They will only be buying one of them in my opinion, which one? Who knows, we shall soon see.

22 minutes ago, Michael said:

It looks like Dolberg is close to signing for Nice according to several reports, but it is also reported that Nice are also close to completing a deal to sign Augustin from Leipzig for 20-25 million Euros. Surely Nice can't be signing both strikers, they are not that wealthy. They will only be buying one of them in my opinion, which one? Who knows, we shall soon see.

They've just been taken over by a British billionaire...I think they'll get both. They're also after Claude-Maurice and Ounas to play on the wings.

4 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

They've just been taken over by a British billionaire...I think they'll get both. They're also after Claude-Maurice and Ounas to play on the wings.

Ok, yeah, I've just read that Jim Ratcliffe has taken over Nice, or at least from the reports I have seen, he's close to taking them over. If he is already their owner, then yeah, Nice will be more than capable of buying both those players and many more.

OGC Nice could become the next PSG if Rarcliffe is their owner.

• The topic was locked

Archived