talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bas Dost Completes Move to Eintracht Frankfurt

https://www.football-oranje.com/dost-heading-to-eintracht-frankfurt/

Apparently Frankfurt are close to signing Bas Dost. I am not sure what I think about this potential transfer. Dost will add a lot of experience to Frankfurt's attack. His scoring record for Sporting Lisbon has been incredible, he's scored 76 league goals in the 3 seasons he has been at Sporting. But his spell in the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg a few seasons ago, was quite erratic. I think that Sporting wanted 15 million Euros for him, I think that's probably a decent price for Dost who is 30, but who has been on fire in the last few seasons. If he joins Frankfurt, I hope he keeps up his goalscoring form.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Michael said:

https://www.football-oranje.com/dost-heading-to-eintracht-frankfurt/

Apparently Frankfurt are close to signing Bas Dost. I am not sure what I think about this potential transfer. Dost will add a lot of experience to Frankfurt's attack. His scoring record for Sporting Lisbon has been incredible, he's scored 76 league goals in the 3 seasons he has been at Sporting. But his spell in the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg a few seasons ago, was quite erratic. I think that Sporting wanted 15 million Euros for him, I think that's probably a decent price for Dost who is 30, but who has been on fire in the last few seasons. If he joins Frankfurt, I hope he keeps up his goalscoring form.

Bild reports 9 million Euro transfer fee; if that's the case then I'd say it's definitely a good deal for Frankfurt. An experienced player with a proven goal scoring record, knows the league well and would fit well in Frankfurt's style of play in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Bild reports 9 million Euro transfer fee; if that's the case then I'd say it's definitely a good deal for Frankfurt. An experienced player with a proven goal scoring record, knows the league well and would fit well in Frankfurt's style of play in my opinion.

9 million Euros? Wow, that's a very good deal then, considering his prolific scoring form for Sporting in Portugal. I read that Lazio bid 10 million Euros for Dost a couple of weeks ago, but appartently Sporting were holding out for 15 million Euros. So for Frankfurt to buy him for 9 million Euros is a very good deal. There were several other decent sides after him as well, so for us to snatch him for such a modest fee is a bit of a coup. 

I agree with you, he should do well with us, as Frankfurt always create many chances. Rebic and Gacinovic should support him well through the centre and hopefully he will be able to get on the end of the brilliant crosses of Kostic and Da Costa. I guess adding a more experienced striker like Dost will help compliment the younger forwards Joveljic and Paciencia at the club.

It will also be interesting to see how much Frankfurt miss Jovic and Haller this season, if at all.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

9 million Euros? Wow, that's a very good deal then, considering his prolific scoring form for Sporting in Portugal. I read that Lazio bid 10 million Euros for Dost a couple of weeks ago, but appartently Sporting were holding out for 15 million Euros. So for Frankfurt to buy him for 9 million Euros is a very good deal. There were several other decent sides after him as well, so for us to snatch him for such a modest fee is a bit of a coup. 

I agree with you, he should do well with us, as Frankfurt always create many chances. Rebic and Gacinovic should support him well through the centre and hopefully he will be able to get on the end of the brilliant crosses of Kostic and Da Costa. I guess adding a more experienced striker like Dost will help compliment the younger forwards Joveljic and Paciencia at the club.

It will also be interesting to see how much Frankfurt miss Jovic and Haller this season, if at all.

Well to be fair it's Bild reporting that it's 9 million Euros so that might turn out to be completely wrong xD 

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well to be fair it's Bild reporting that it's 9 million Euros so that might turn out to be completely wrong xD 

Yeah, Bild are never the most reliable of sources. Either way, if the transfer fee is anything under 15 million Euros, then it is a decent deal for a striker on form.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/eintracht-frankfurt-sign-bas-dost-from-sporting-lisbon-sebastien-haller-6546

https://www.goal.com/en/news/dost-completes-7m-move-to-eintracht-frankfurt-from-sporting/6zp6xo3mayei1gzr9ble4smrh

Bas Dost has officially joined Eintracht Frankfurt for a reported €7 million bargain transfer fee from Sporting Lisbon. Dost looks like an experienced quality addition to Frankfurt's young attack.

• The title was changed to Bas Dost Completes Move to Eintracht Frankfurt

Archived