• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 20-21st August, 2019

football forum

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

It's dismal nowadays. Combination of factors, we shoild be a 15-16k club really but we got 10k first game. Be amazed if this is even 9.

Pen...

Yeah - this isn't the first game I've watched of yours, but this crowd looks scarce. 

Pretty bad PK there, Perfect height for a keeper as long as he dove the correct direction. 

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Bielsa's presser said we have Cooper, Douglas and Alioski as doubts. 

Cooper would be a big loss obviously as he is the captain and our most senior centre back. I wouldn't fancy us defensively without him back there.

Going forward, we look ok, we just need to kill games off when on top. Would love to see Bamford score in front of the home fans. He needs the backing of the fans to kick him on. 

As for Pontus, he will get a mixed reception. Personally, I have no ill will. He served us well and gave his all. I'm sure he'll have a great motivation for this game given the decision to move wasn't his and I hope he doesn't get too much stick.

I just hope the referee evens up our score against Brentford. We're due a decision against them after last season. 

Sounds like neither of us are ready for what has been some tasty games in the recent past

You actually beat us 1-0 the season before from an offside goal so consider yourself even 

Proper old school shithouse tackle from Bradley Johnson for the Hull penalty. Been after a midfielder like that for years.

Fairly open game, think we've been unlucky (woodwork three times?) but Hull have had chances too. Should be a good second half.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dan said:

I've got you in an acca tonight. I went to your game against Bradford the other week and thought you were unlucky to only draw it. Annoyingly I had money on 1-1 draw with Donaldson first goal xD

We were unlucky to only get a draw here too. 2-2 it finished after coming from 2-0 down.

9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Blackburn win 1-0 at Hull. 

What a fucking good performance from Rovers. 

Congrats @tlr :congrats:

One of our best showings in a good while. I still have my concerns about our back line, but all 11 showed their worth tonight; Cunningham, Lenihan, Williams, Johnson, Downing and Dack were all superb in particular. Still not convinced on Mowbray's longevity but keep playing anything like this and I am happy to be proven wrong! In just two games now we have gone from staring down the barrel to actually a pretty reasonable start. Onwards to Cardiff now and hopefully a more clear victory!

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Sounds like neither of us are ready for what has been some tasty games in the recent past

You actually beat us 1-0 the season before from an offside goal so consider yourself even 

Both games last year cost us massively because we were contending automatic. Small margins and we could be Premier League now.

Therefore it will definitely not be even till we put that right. Hopefully that is tomorrow night. But you never know with us.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Never in my life have I seen someone say they "wouldn't mind Hull as an away day" xD

Please absolutely twat Lincoln. Their fans are unbearable. Thanks in advance.

Well wasn't the proverbial twatting as requested but a win for Dons nonetheless. 

All goals in first half. All 3 goals coming from the best bits of play from both sides so you could say they were rewarded as a result. Lincoln's goal was very nice. Dons' 2nd goal quite jammy. Their striker shanks it, hits his own player and deflects in. 

Lincoln hit the bar in literally the last few seconds. They dominated Dons in the 2nd half and should have come away with at least a point really. 

Had decent seats. Went through executive boxes etc... 

IMG_20190820_204241_791.jpg

• The topic was unpinned

Archived