talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 20-21st August, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Pyfish said:

We were unlucky to only get a draw here too. 2-2 it finished after coming from 2-0 down.

I gave up on it once you went 2 down to be honest but thankfully it was an absolute shitshow in general from me tonight. I had Ipswich (who won with two late goals), Plymouth and Swindon. Absolute garbage.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Both games last year cost us massively because we were contending automatic. Small margins and we could be Premier League now.

Therefore it will definitely not be even till we put that right. Hopefully that is tomorrow night. But you never know with us.

Second game we smashed you 2-0, no need for a dodgy ref for either of us there :hh:

Looking forward to using the red button tonight, being in NZ last year was difficult enough to watch games.

Watkins has scored in both of our opening league games so don’t be surprised if he bags another

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Second game we smashed you 2-0, no need for a dodgy ref for either of us there :hh:

Looking forward to using the red button tonight, being in NZ last year was difficult enough to watch games.

Watkins has scored in both of our opening league games so don’t be surprised if he bags another

Haha. I must have imagined the blatant foul on Bamford in the penalty box at 0-0 then :ph34r:

Could easily see it being a draw. 1-1 would probably be my safe prediction.

Should be close to a sell out as well now we've sold some of the seats you didnt use up. Good on the club for doing that.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Haha. I must have imagined the blatant foul on Bamford in the penalty box at 0-0 then :ph34r:

Could easily see it being a draw. 1-1 would probably be my safe prediction.

Should be close to a sell out as well now we've sold some of the seats you didnt use up. Good on the club for doing that.

Ha I didn’t actually watch that game but with the form Benrahma and Maupay were in we weren’t dropping points at home last season. Missing Maupay already

I imagine we’ll bring around 500ish, seems to be our average when travelling to Yorkshire.

We’ve offered nothing go forward and in fairness neither have Leeds as we’ve shut out any creativity they’ve had. But they deserve to be 1-0 up as they’ve at least created one good goal scoring chance, one more than us 😂

What a dreadful game for the neutral 

Finished 1-0 Leeds, looked like we might have tried to play for a late 1-0 win but we offered nothing going forward.

David Raya man either he was a useless sack of shit tonight or our manager insisted on the long balls but he constantly hoofed it forward with no success whatsoever. We had one chance in the second half and it came from Raya playing it on the ground, ended with Watkins dragging his shot slightly wide of the post.

Defensively we were good but you’d expect that when you’re parking the bus. I think Thomas Frank is trying to make us more pragmatic but we’ve not got the attacking personnel for that direct football

Eddie Nketiah. Game changer. Cheers lads. The new Ian Wright...who loved it.

@SirBalon @Chaaay AFC @6666 @Panna King  @shut up 

Tough game. Brentford were hard to break down.

We were much the better side overall, particularly 2nd half where Brentford were non existent, but we didn't create many guilt edged chances. Credit to Brentford for snuffing out a lot of our threat.

The difference tonight was the quality we had coming off the bench. Wasn't the case last year but this season, Helder Costa comes on, assists for Eddie Nketiah, who immediately scared Jansson and the rest of the Brentford defence with his pace.

P.S Another shocking ref call. Do not know what we have to do to get a penalty anymore. Absolute guilt edged handball by Jeanvier missed by the ref. Thank god it wasn't crucial.

Important not to overreact being so new into the season...

Let's start from the back. David Raya didn't have a lot to do and what he did have to do he done well. But his distribution today was terrible, I've not seen him in our opening games so I don't know how it differs compared to tonight but all he done was kick it long to Leeds' centre backs, time after time it lost us possession and time after time we made the same mistake. I don't know how a coaching team can't spot this in the game I really don't.

Our back line were all solid tonight and in reality didn't give Leeds a chance (bar that one lol) It helped that we were parking the bus but Pinnock specifically absolutely dominated. What a performance. 

I was expecting us at some point to mount an attack but throughout the game our passing was far too sloppy to do anything, really not the Brentford we've come to watch week in, week out. The game completely bypassed Norgaard who's been bigged up something chronic pre-season. Jensen struggled to make an impact, Canos was error prone and in general very Canosy. He's capable of moments of quality as seen with his last two assists but I'm not comfortable with him starting I'm really not. Mbuemo struggled to make an impact as did Ollie Watkins.

Josh DaSilva came on and changed the game for us, he is a touch of quality we were screaming out for all game. The only player who could take the ball forward for us. A shame he couldn't start but we have to rotate. Benrahma is just coming back from injury so it'd be too soon to expect anything from him.

Overall it was a disappointing performance, defence completely let down by the midfield and forwards who couldn't put a pass together let alone threaten the keeper

We shut out Leeds for most of the second half and the reality is they didn't really create anything outside of their goal, it was a pretty poor game for both sides but Leeds were the only side who wanted to win the game and they deserved to in the end.

Watched the Stoke game tonight, thought Neil got it bang on tactically, marked Woods out the game to the point they took him off at HT. Do feel sorry for Stoke though, Butland another shocker, and even managed to create more on the xG than Preston (like in 2/3 previous games) and gone on to lose

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Eddie Nketiah. Game changer. Cheers lads. The new Ian Wright...who loved it.

@SirBalon @Chaaay AFC @6666 @Panna King  @shut up 

Tough game. Brentford were hard to break down.

We were much the better side overall, particularly 2nd half where Brentford were non existent, but we didn't create many guilt edged chances. Credit to Brentford for snuffing out a lot of our threat.

The difference tonight was the quality we had coming off the bench. Wasn't the case last year but this season, Helder Costa comes on, assists for Eddie Nketiah, who immediately scared Jansson and the rest of the Brentford defence with his pace.

P.S Another shocking ref call. Do not know what we have to do to get a penalty anymore. Absolute guilt edged handball by Jeanvier missed by the ref. Thank god it wasn't crucial.

Really good to see, I was a bit worried when I saw him playing for your U23s recently, but I suppose that was for match fitness and he did join you late in the window. Hopefully there is a lot more to come from him, I can't see him not scoring plenty in that division. 

12 hours ago, Danny said:

Important not to overreact being so new into the season...

Let's start from the back. David Raya didn't have a lot to do and what he did have to do he done well. But his distribution today was terrible, I've not seen him in our opening games so I don't know how it differs compared to tonight but all he done was kick it long to Leeds' centre backs, time after time it lost us possession and time after time we made the same mistake. I don't know how a coaching team can't spot this in the game I really don't.

Our back line were all solid tonight and in reality didn't give Leeds a chance (bar that one lol) It helped that we were parking the bus but Pinnock specifically absolutely dominated. What a performance. 

I was expecting us at some point to mount an attack but throughout the game our passing was far too sloppy to do anything, really not the Brentford we've come to watch week in, week out. The game completely bypassed Norgaard who's been bigged up something chronic pre-season. Jensen struggled to make an impact, Canos was error prone and in general very Canosy. He's capable of moments of quality as seen with his last two assists but I'm not comfortable with him starting I'm really not. Mbuemo struggled to make an impact as did Ollie Watkins.

Josh DaSilva came on and changed the game for us, he is a touch of quality we were screaming out for all game. The only player who could take the ball forward for us. A shame he couldn't start but we have to rotate. Benrahma is just coming back from injury so it'd be too soon to expect anything from him.

Overall it was a disappointing performance, defence completely let down by the midfield and forwards who couldn't put a pass together let alone threaten the keeper

We shut out Leeds for most of the second half and the reality is they didn't really create anything outside of their goal, it was a pretty poor game for both sides but Leeds were the only side who wanted to win the game and they deserved to in the end.

For me, we were a little off it first half and you had moments, especially one of your lads hitting the post.

We actually had better chances first half yet played poorly, Bamford had two free headers and Klich a shot. Second half we played so much better and couldn't score.

I think ultimately second half we really flooded the midfield and had you camped. You couldn't get out and had no outlet.

As I said, Costa and Nketiah coming on was the bit of quality that changed the dynamic because you'd been so comfortable with crosses coming in, you didn't look so comfortable with pace running at you.

Though your keeper was excellent. Rock solid back there. Credit to Pontus too, when anything was aerial he dominated.

Don't know a lot about your new players but for me, I would be worried about the firepower.

3 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Really good to see, I was a bit worried when I saw him playing for your U23s recently, but I suppose that was for match fitness and he did join you late in the window. Hopefully there is a lot more to come from him, I can't see him not scoring plenty in that division. 

The U23 games will be vital to him because Bielsa has it that we mimic the first team.

He will definitely have his moments and I'm really chuffed we have someonewith his skills at the club. Pace is frightening and his movement in the box is intelligent. No fluke he's had 3 tap ins now. 

20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

For me, we were a little off it first half and you had moments, especially one of your lads hitting the post.

We actually had better chances first half yet played poorly, Bamford had two free headers and Klich a shot. Second half we played so much better and couldn't score.

I think ultimately second half we really flooded the midfield and had you camped. You couldn't get out and had no outlet.

As I said, Costa and Nketiah coming on was the bit of quality that changed the dynamic because you'd been so comfortable with crosses coming in, you didn't look so comfortable with pace running at you.

Though your keeper was excellent. Rock solid back there. Credit to Pontus too, when anything was aerial he dominated.

Don't know a lot about your new players but for me, I would be worried about the firepower.

Raya done well but his distribution was frustrating

I think we’ll settle eventually and find our stride we’re just gunna have to see out some dodgy performances along the way

You lot look good this season, winning those sorts of games is what will send you up

Nowhere to comment on this weekends games (have a word guys) but very happy with that performance at Stoke today.

Slightly worried with the captain Cooper out but what an emergence we are seeing from young Ben White. Looks brilliant and a welcome addition to the team after losing Pontus. He is one to watch this year.

Going forward, we looked back to our best today. Carved Stoke open and both the first two goals were special.

Four in five for Bamford now too. I have been a heavy critic of him and I'm still not completely sold, but he's trying hard right now and I can't fault him for that.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived