talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atlético de Madrid Discussion

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think he's playing regularly at Sevilla aye?, he has quality and has shown it several times in crucial moments for us, if he's given regular playing time i think he will. And if not and they ship him back it's even better for me as we desperately need him back.

I think Kranevitter will be back at Atlético Madrid next season without a doubt.  He is exactly what they need and this loan spell with someone like Sampaoli who is stimulated by emotion in a similar fashion to Simeone will have worked wonders.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Atletico need a player like N'Zonzi and a striker like Bacca to partner Griezmann and they'd be a force again.

To be honest I don't think N'Zonzi is the right man for a Diego Simeone side.  He is very good at what he does but needs protection like Yaya Touré always needed and Simeone doesn't play that game.  But you never know to be honest because Atleti have been signing on risk in the past couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Torres is and forever be an Atleti iconic figure.  I don't know if he's a club legend because in my view he hasn't participated in winning anything important with them (although knowing the Atleti fans, they won't give a shit what I think and he's a legend for them), but he is one of them.  He is somehow the only playing essence that is Atlético de Madrid.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Agree with this mate, he's not a club legend for me but he is their "golden-boy" if you see what I mean. He was deadly for them his younger years and has recaptured his form since coming "home".

I'd go as far as to say he's been given the rub of the green in terms of transfers because of what the fans think of him. There were rumours last season that Simeone didn't want him around anymore but he's obviously still there. He's a massive fan favourite and a key part of their team regardless of his tendency pull out of the odd blunder.

Yeah, the rumours were rife that Simeone didn't favour him althogh it was certainly known that it wasn't anything personal. The problem in Spain is the sports press that instead of publishing news, they tend to incline themselves into pure sensationalism in terms of any scandal they can pick up.  If they can't pick up any substantial truthful scandal, they will then speculate on it by using "facts" and from there on you get a whirlwind of pure fabrication.  The players in Spain are constantly complaining about this (Piqué being the most vocal), but it sells and that's what counts these days. A respected Argentinian journalist said the other day about the Spanish sports press; "Spanish journalists on the main are like pimps in a whore house".  In Spain there's a hunger for what they call the "PINK PRESS" (Prensa Rosa) which means "Gossip" literally speaking.  They love it and they don't care about the ethics surrounding the invasion of privacy or whether it's wholly true or not because as far as they're (the public) concerned, "where there's smoke, there's fire".  Spanish tv is riddled with this most days and 70% of tv programming schedules from morning to afternoon is jam packed with that sort of stuff.  They complain about it but it's the most consumed format in the country.

Back on topic.... Fernando Torres is nowhere near what he once was and will now obviously never recapture that once world class football he used to show.  There's no doubt that he isn't the player he once was, but he does have major attributes and he is a thorn in the arse of any top team because of his endeavour.  Nobody can ever accuse Torres of not giving 100% even in his lowest moments which he lived at Chelsea.  But he has recaptured at least his eye for goal and is a quality player to have around when needs must.  He's also an Atlético Madrid fanatic which helps them and that's why Simeone changed his mind and it was him that blessed the contract renewal in the end.  The fans love him and that's what counts in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Just going to leave this here.

Never meet your heroes.

I hate it when celebrities do this because that's what footballers have become these days.  Fully fledged celebrities!

I remember a story of a teenage boy that travels the length and breadth of Brazil on bicycle to meet his hero which was Romario.  When he arrives I think it was at the training ground and they let him in.  Romario refused to see him or even give him a signed shirt.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It must get tiring constantly having to have pictures taken and sign autographs but that's part and parcel of football now. Griezemann is paid a lot of money not just to score goals but be an ambassador for Atletico off the field aswell. This video doesn't exactly cover him in glory and I expect him to make amends by sending the fan some form of an autograph to apologise. 

it doesn't look like he's done that at all in that clip though. The worst thing about this is that he blatantly sees her and makes the conscious choice to walk past her, blatantly ignore her. That's just not on. Obviously he doesn't know how far they've travelled but that's besides the point. They've shown enough dedication to wait behind to meet their idol and just talking to them for a few seconds would have made their day. It's not as if they're running late cos Torres has stopped. It's what frustrates me about 'some' footballers these days. They appear to forget the real people that matter i.e. the fans. It actually makes me feel a bit sick that he's done what he has in that clip. Might sound like an exaggeration but it angers me!

Thankfully, it doesn't seem to happen that often. I've been to many grounds (obviously mainly King Power), where fans take the time for a quick photo/autograph. Something that shouldn't inconvenience them and they'll happily oblige to take the time out for the fans. I went to Goodison once with an Everton-supporting mate to watch them play Spurs about 5 or 6 years ago now. We somehow dodged loads of traffic, got there early. Saw a few players roll up in their fancy cars and instead of dashing straight in to the ground, I think Seamus Coleman, Leighton Baines and Nikica Jelavic all came over a good 100-200 yards to speak to some fans and get some photos dones. No harm done to them and fans feel on top of the world. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure it's the right move for Simeone to stay at Atletico next season. I feel like he's taken them as far as he possibly could.

But I suppose if he is to stay, and players like Griezmann inevitably leave, they can continue to nurture their young talent and bed them into the starting side, such as Angel Correa, and he could make a couple of young, shrewd signings and make the transition easier for the next coach, rather than having them drop into the depths of irrelevance. 

There are rumours from some working at Atleti that Diego Simeone has given the club an ultimatum with the words "I've done as much as can be done at Atlético Madrid.  Now it's upto you guys to finish this off!".  That to a couple of the board members.

In other words, give me the funds and stop making me improvise because as much as I love this football club, I've reached the limits of what I'm prepared to stretch this whole thing.  I get what he means...  Players have been bought, very talented ones because nobody can say that Atleti has been mute in the transfer market.  But they've been experiments (except for Griezmann) and very few have really come off.

The problem at Atleti though is who do they turn around the transfer ban...  Otherwise we could see Simeone going.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Can the Bernard Fernandez brother break through to create 1/2 of Atleti's defence? 

They've just had Theo stolen from them by Real Madrid which Atleti aren't to happy about in the manner that it's been done because of some kind of agreement of non aggression in these issues made years back (the reason Real never signed Agüero at the time because Florentino wanted him badly). Add this to that banner Real put up in the first leg of their Champions League clash and things couldn't be worse.

• Administrator

this is cool. atmosphere will probably be nothing like the Calderon but if they can get all the ultras/those that create the most noise all in one place (unlike West Ham who dispersed them across the London Stadium, then it should still be special.

Typical modern stadium in my opinion with no heart in it, at least nothing like the uniqueness of the Vicente Calderón with all of its faults.  The only club in recent times that I can think of that have made an authentic new stadium with seemingly heart and soul is Juventus, although too small in my view.

Just now, Cannabis said:

For me, the limited size is what makes it so intimate. 

I understand what you mean, but you can design it in a similar fashion and maintain that closeness.  The problem in major cities these days is you can't really go up and up which is understandable and should be like that.  Local councils would rather give you more land if available and make you grow outwards to add room. Or down as the Camp Nou keep on doing forever.

1495557352_598678_1495557411_noticia_nor

Koke extends with Atlético Madrid until 2024

One big European name out of the way with Atlético Madrid officially announcing that their midfielder Koke Resurrección extends his current contract to 2024.  The midfielder who has played 323 official games with the club from Madrid at only 25 years of age has committed his midterm future with the Rojiblancos for a while yet.

Koke has 28 goals and 76 assists in that time in the first team winning 5 trophies with the club;

• 1 La Liga title
  • 1 Europa League
  • 1 Copa del Rey
  • 1 UEFA European Super Cup
  • 1 Supercopa de España

Koke amplía su contrato con el Atlético hasta el año 2024

• The title was changed to Sandro Passes Atletico Medical

Archived