talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atlético de Madrid Discussion

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

They now look close to signing Rodrigo from Valencia. Personally I don't think he's done enough in his years in Spain and believe they(and Valencia themselves) could do better. He's class when at his best, but his inconsistencies don't make him the most attractable of purchases for me.

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

They now look close to signing Rodrigo from Valencia. Personally I don't think he's done enough in his years in Spain and believe they(and Valencia themselves) could do better. He's class when at his best, but his inconsistencies don't make him the most attractable of purchases for me.

Agree - seems a bit of a strange one - not sure he's going to offer them much more than they have already. Bit of a panic buy as can't imagine he was their first choice.

The first choice was Paulo Dybala but signing him is a complicated business clubs have been chased out from this summer.

Rodrigo adds diversity in attack because he loves to come in from out wide. On his day he’s brilliant but he is inconsistent, or has been uptill now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trippier has been class for them(as has Thomas, he's really coming into his own this term in midfield!), but 7 goals in 8 games is a cause of concern for them in my opinion. They don't have anything at all in terms of fire power. They are literally devoid of it.

Their defence, as always, has been solid and they haven't conceded many, but they have nothing in them in terms of goals thus far. Diego Costa looks finished, Morata is average and Joao Felix is still too young to rely on.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.0c9963fccdb78e8c98f038e60c1d8733.png

Flamengo has opened discussions with Atletico Madrid's Brazil-born former Chelsea forward Diego Costa, 31. (Goal.com)

That would be a good move allround. He should do it.

He'd do well in Brazil at this stage of his career and they currently have a cracking side. Filipe Luis is there now also.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.69e75433eb876c3c7ad79b0f8b966fe7.png

Atletico Madrid wants to sign 23-year-old RB Leipzig and Germany forward Timo Werner. (COPE - in Spanish)

Paris St-Germain and Uruguay forward Edinson Cavani, 32, AC Milan's 24-year-old Polish striker Krzysztof Piatek and Torino and Italy frontman Andrea Belotti, 25, are also options for the La Liga side. (AS - in Spanish)

5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.69e75433eb876c3c7ad79b0f8b966fe7.png

Atletico Madrid wants to sign 23-year-old RB Leipzig and Germany forward Timo Werner. (COPE - in Spanish)

Paris St-Germain and Uruguay forward Edinson Cavani, 32, AC Milan's 24-year-old Polish striker Krzysztof Piatek and Torino and Italy frontman Andrea Belotti, 25, are also options for the La Liga side. (AS - in Spanish)

A striker is what they seriously lack. I believe they have everything else and if they had a top striker then they would likely be winning more comfortably.

• 2 months later...

They have signed Salisu for 12 million and he will join them in June.

Good player for his age and is one of the best young players in La Liga this season. The only problem is, he's only played for half of a season at senior level.

12 mil in this age is bargain but Spanish clubs need to start thinking more about these clauses as they could have received alot more.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

Definitely to distract and just think 'wtf' xD 

Reminds me a few seasons back that Ritchie De Laet would teach Vardy specific swear words in Belgian/French/Flemish to say to various defenders he'd come up against xD 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived