talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atlético de Madrid Discussion

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Lets see what happens.. either way we have lost at least 10Mill on any deal with Costa due to the texting incident which leaves us in no position to argue for an increased offer. 

The other question of course is who is planned/earmarked to take over his role? I am wondering if we are going to make a bid for Lukaku after all.

I do hope that they have not promised Conte that we would splash the cash in the summer only for him to have pre empted the alleged spending spree in advance with his text to Costa and then got sucker punched in the nards... 

I find the whole situation revolving Diego Costa a very mismanaged one at Chelsea. There's no doubt he's been flirting with a return to Atlético Madrid for a while now but then again so was Thibaut Courtois for quite some time and that was sorted adequately.

Obviously all of this is aside from Costa's issues on the field of play. I'm only thinking about the way as Bluewolf has said, that a chunk of money has gone down the drain. 

More upset at the Chalobah for Watford rumors of only 5 million….

Mourinho or no Mourinho, we simply do not put any effort in transitioning youth.  if this deal goes through, I am convinced there won't ever be a Chelsea youth product in the first team/XI in my lifetime. 

• 2 weeks later...

Diego Costa, while partying in Brazil last night, did an Instagram 'Live' video which featured the forward wearing an Atletico Madrid top at the party. Additionally, Cesc Fabregas commented "Hahaha" on the live stream, to which Costa's reply was "Give Conte a hug for me"

costa'.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

img_jagsirvent_20170721-094914_imagenes_

Diego Simeone's renewal en route but not closed yet

Atlético Madrid may inly have signed Vitolo from Sevilla who will join Atlético in January and it's the reason due to the ban that more of a revolution hasn't occurred in this summer transfer window.  There are also the rumours surrounding the return of rebel son Diego Costa from Chelsea, but that's yet to be seen.

But the most important factor as far as most Atleti fans are concerned is the situation with head coach Diego Simeone.  He had his current contract adjusted during the season which led to a lot of speculation surrounding his immediate future which hasn't come to fruition as he's still there and will be for the new season.  What's more is that he's been negotiating a new contract during the last two months according to important sources connected to the club and there are only minor details remaining on closing a longterm deal with guarantees for Simeone that the club will be ambitious and that it has everything in place to compete with the best on the continent.  What's for sure is that their past five to six years have bedded them in amongst Europe's elite and even though they're discarded even nowadays, they always seem to do their job and reach the highlight moments of every competition.

Something is expected in the next couple of weeks in terms of announcing Simeone as a longterm coach in a league where that's a rarity these days.

8 minutes ago, Asura said:

Didnt Simeone shorten his contract last season? 

Indeed, I referred to that in my post.  For whatever reason that was and in fairness to the man he brushed away speculative questions from the press at the time he did it concerning his future away from Atlético Madrid, he always said it had nothing to do with leaving.  Whatever it was for nobody knows, but he does seem to be renewing.

33 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed, I referred to that in my post.  For whatever reason that was and in fairness to the man he brushed away speculative questions from the press at the time he did it concerning his future away from Atlético Madrid, he always said it had nothing to do with leaving.  Whatever it was for nobody knows, but he does seem to be renewing.

yeah its really strange, when he shortened the contract I thought he was finally going to get his dream job of managing Arsenal but his hopes were dented by Wenger staying again :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Can't see anything but third place for them next season but let's hope I'm wrong, need to make sure they're in a good position come January with Vitolo and most likely Costa then being available. As I was saying last season Augusto returning is a massive boost for them.

Gaitan and Gameiro haven't settled there at all, hopefully they can improve.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Can't see anything but third place for them next season but let's hope I'm wrong, need to make sure they're in a good position come January with Vitolo and most likely Costa then being available. As I was saying last season Augusto returning is a massive boost for them.

Gaitan and Gameiro haven't settled there at all, hopefully they can improve.

I think it's about making the most of what they have this coming season and hoping things don't go too bad and they qualify for the Champions League.

Infact it could be a blessing is disguise because the prices being banded about this summer is something Atlético Madrid couldn't have participated in...  Look at Real Madrid!  Even they weren't stupid enough to get involved.

They have a whole season to analyse and that's a forced godsend.

img_jmgfuente_20170730-110250_imagenes_m

The Wanda Metropolitano will open it's doors on the 16th of September

The date has been set for the inauguration of Atlético Madrid's new stadium, the Wanda Metropolitano.  It will be the 16th of September at 20:45 after Atleti play their first three games of the season away from home (Girona, UD Las Palmas and Valencia).  La Liga had to manipulate the draw for the season's games due to the lateness of Atlético Madrid had for the opening for business of their new ground and now UEFA must do the same for their first set of Champions League matches which will be played on the 12th and 13th of September.

The remaining work are aesthetic finishes on the outside of the stadium itself, the parking and surrounding areas and fine-tuning all the machinery that gets a stadium working in its engine room.  The final piece put in place will be the grass pitch which will be done two weeks before so as to bed in.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Why would you move stadiums from one of the most traditional and intimidating in Europe to play in that thing? The Wanda Metropolitano is an embarrassing name as well.

Having a roof on their stadium would definitely help the atmosphere though. 

22 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Having a roof on their stadium would definitely help the atmosphere though. 

They had to move mate...  The area the Vicente Calderón stands on isn't viable for anything and the club were under pressure from the local government.  Plus the new stadium's land leaves a lot for the club to play with in the future.

What's for sure is that it will surely never be the same again.  The Vicente Calderón wasn't a beautiful stadium by any means...  It was awkward looking and difficult to manoeuvre around.  It was infact a security nightmare for the authorities...  But in its ugliness lay a hidden beauty that was 100% connected to what the sport actually means.  It was a fans' stadium!  Everyone and anyone that's ever visited it has gone saying the same thing...  "WHAT A PLACE!"... Obviously the atmosphere has a lot to do with that and that is attributed to the Atleti fans.  But much of it also has had to do with the strangeness of the stadium.  It's as if subcouncuisly the fans new they had an ugly duckling on their hands and because of it they made sure she was beautiful on match days.

By the way...  "Metropolitano" was the original name of the Vicente Calderón.  Wanda is the sponsor which can be ignored as that will probably change in the future (almost definitely).  But Metropolitano has a massive significance for Atlético Madrid fans.

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They had to move mate...  The area the Vicente Calderón stands on isn't viable for anything and the club were under pressure from the local government.  Plus the new stadium's land leaves a lot for the club to play with in the future.

What's for sure is that it will surely never be the same again.  The Vicente Calderón wasn't a beautiful stadium by any means...  It was awkward looking and difficult to manoeuvre around.  It was infact a security nightmare for the authorities...  But in its ugliness lay a hidden beauty that was 100% connected to what the sport actually means.  It was a fans' stadium!  Everyone and anyone that's ever visited it has gone saying the same thing...  "WHAT A PLACE!"... Obviously the atmosphere has a lot to do with that and that is attributed to the Atleti fans.  But much of it also has had to do with the strangeness of the stadium.  It's as if subcouncuisly the fans new they had an ugly duckling on their hands and because of it they made sure she was beautiful on match days.

By the way...  "Metropolitano" was the original name of the Vicente Calderón.  Wanda is the sponsor which can be ignored as that will probably change in the future (almost definitely).  But Metropolitano has a massive significance for Atlético Madrid fans.

Highbury didn't look very pretty compared to the Emirates either mate.

The Wanda bit is the embarrassing part. All these sponsors for everything these days are in general.

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

Highbury didn't look very pretty compared to the Emirates either mate.

The Wanda bit is the embarrassing part. All these sponsors for everything these days are in general.

Yeah, well ours is called Emirates in the middle of Islington in North London.  It's disgusting that stadiums are having these names attached to them, but there's nothing anyone can do about it mate.

I'm not sure why Atletico haven't signed Diego Costa yet? As he's been whoring himself out to them all summer and is perfect for them. He's just what they need to potentially take them back to the top of la liga again and possibly even finally go all the way in the champs league, or atleast continue competing with the best.

He's a far better option than Gameiro and Torres(who offer depth but can be bettered as regular starters) and would complement Griezmann brilliantly. With those 2, along with players such as OBlak in net, Koke, Saul, Godin, Filipe, Carrasco and new signing Vitolo, they look a side capable of winning things again. Diego Costa would be the icing on the cake. He could be loaned to Las Palmas with Vitolo, then return to Atletico in January when eligible.

5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'm not sure why Atletico haven't signed Diego Costa yet? As he's been whoring himself out to them all summer and is perfect for them. He's just what they need to potentially take them back to the top of la liga again and possibly even finally go all the way in the champs league, or atleast continue competing with the best.

He's a far better option than Gameiro and Torres(who offer depth but can be bettered as regular starters) and would complement Griezmann brilliantly. With those 2, along with players such as OBlak in net, Koke, Saul, Godin, Filipe, Carrasco and new signing Vitolo, they look a side capable of winning things again. Diego Costa would be the icing on the cake. He could be loaned to Las Palmas with Vitolo, then return to Atletico in January when eligible.

Probably because they've spoken to Costa and agreed that he'll continue to pick up fat cheques at Chelsea till January and then Atleti will try to Jew the price down.

Archived