Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Atlético de Madrid Discussion

Will be a tremendous signing for Atletico when he goes over! Quality young striker who'll only go on to get better

12 hours ago, Spike said:

Nice. I hope he keeps banging them in at Malaga and his head isn't in Madrid already.

I also thought about this...  Wouldn't be the first time it happens with young players like that although look at Asensio who was bought by Real Madrid and left at Real Mallorca for two seasons.

Class signing. He's the main one who Barcelona shouldn't have let go rather than Munir, although both being very different players. I always said that and still stand by it. He's got it in him to be a star.

With this said, I like Paco Alcacer, he impressed me last season after finally getting his first goal. He was simply under-used, just like Denis Suarez.

14972887662215.jpg

Antoine Griezmann renews with Atlético Madrid until 2022

Atlético Madrid's Antoine Griezmann who's been object of quite a bit of speculation as to his future this summer has just renewed his contract with the club from Madrid until 2022.  This ends all speculation at least for this year where he'll be staying at a very sensitive time where Atleti are banned by FIFA from signing players until the January transfer window.

Griezmann's buy-out clause has been raised from €80m to €100 and adding an extra year to his current deal.

but...but...but.... talksport framed every show for the last 3 months as if he had joined Man Utd and would win them the league

4 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

but...but...but.... talksport framed every show for the last 3 months as if he had joined Man Utd and would win them the league

To be honest, some of the quotes from Griezmann over the past two months would generate speculation of its own accord mate.  Griezmann is now saying he was misquoted (we don't tend to hear that one a lot) by the press and that they selected phrases from different answers to different questions.  How true that is we'll never know until a journalist for once and for all spills the beans and publishes the voice recordings.

Maybe Anelka never told any journalist in three different countries that the club he was playing at he was being treated like a dog.

thoughts on such a long contract?

Wonder what the odds are that he'll stay til then

Just in time for when Wenger leaves! :ph34r:

Seriously though... It will be difficult to prize him away from Atleti and these days where contracts are revised, it doesn't mean he won't be earning more and more as time goes by. 

The longest contract I can remember since Pardew got a ten year contract at Newcastle. That must have been 11 years ago now seeing as he's not there anymore :ph34r:.

48 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Seriously though... It will be difficult to prize him away from Atleti and these days where contracts are revised, it doesn't mean he won't be earning more and more as time goes by. 

I can't see either Koke or Saul ever leaving Atletico while in their prime years to be honest.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I can't see either Koke or Saul ever leaving Atletico while in their prime years to be honest.

To think Saúl could've been at Arsenal 4 years ago!... It was touch and go and very close.

I too can't see Saúl leaving unless Atlético Madrid take a serious downturn in their competitiveness during the next few years.

3 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

How much per week?

That info hasn't been released as of yet but his buy-out clause has now been set at €150m which is exactly the same as Koke's. Buy-out clauses are very relevant on how much a player earns so whatever Koke is on, Saúl will be on (don't ask me how much Koke is on because I don't know). 

From today Atlético Madrid's new crest became official. 

On 1/7/2017 at 8:27 PM, SirBalon said:

From today Atlético Madrid's new crest became official. 

The rumours about the kit make the badge look badass in comparison.

On 01/07/2017 at 1:42 PM, RandoEFC said:

The longest contract I can remember since Pardew got a ten year contract at Newcastle. That must have been 11 years ago now seeing as he's not there anymore :ph34r:.

Oh yeah I forgot about that xD

He will be the main man there for years, him and Koke will run that midfield. I don't mean to disrespect Atletico as I admire everything they're about and how well they've done recently but these players could be playing at the very highest level. So credit to them for being loyal.

2 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

The rumours about the kit make the badge look badass in comparison.

I've already mentioned it on TF365 elsewhere... If that kit is true, then someone needs to go to prison for that. 

And last but not least, Indi poke-evolves into a slimer  kawaii pet:

Biggest development since the summer Mono Burgos lost 30 kg.

Before/After

1498923983_801170_1498924290_noticia_nor

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

And last but not least, Indi poke-evolves into a slimer  kawaii pet:

Biggest development since the summer Mono Burgos lost 30 kg.

Before/After

1498923983_801170_1498924290_noticia_nor

The chubby one looked really cute. i actually want to cuddle that one.

The newer version looks like some meth-addicted numale.

Mascots  are supposed to be fluffy. 

Other than avoiding a terrorist kidnap the mascot, replace it and use the belly to hide a machine gun, a BFG or explosives, what's the point in having an anorexic team mascot?

• Upvote 1

I think we can plainly see the difference between both mascots is the same one as what's been happening to the actual club in recent years. It's called "aerodynamics" ;)

Costa to Atletico Madrid done deal apparently. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Costa to Atletico Madrid done deal apparently. 

Where are you picking that up from?

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Lets see what happens.. either way we have lost at least 10Mill on any deal with Costa due to the texting incident which leaves us in no position to argue for an increased offer. 

The other question of course is who is planned/earmarked to take over his role? I am wondering if we are going to make a bid for Lukaku after all.

I do hope that they have not promised Conte that we would splash the cash in the summer only for him to have pre empted the alleged spending spree in advance with his text to Costa and then got sucker punched in the nards... 

I find the whole situation revolving Diego Costa a very mismanaged one at Chelsea. There's no doubt he's been flirting with a return to Atlético Madrid for a while now but then again so was Thibaut Courtois for quite some time and that was sorted adequately.

Obviously all of this is aside from Costa's issues on the field of play. I'm only thinking about the way as Bluewolf has said, that a chunk of money has gone down the drain. 

More upset at the Chalobah for Watford rumors of only 5 million….

Mourinho or no Mourinho, we simply do not put any effort in transitioning youth.  if this deal goes through, I am convinced there won't ever be a Chelsea youth product in the first team/XI in my lifetime. 

Diego Costa, while partying in Brazil last night, did an Instagram 'Live' video which featured the forward wearing an Atletico Madrid top at the party. Additionally, Cesc Fabregas commented "Hahaha" on the live stream, to which Costa's reply was "Give Conte a hug for me"

costa'.jpg

• Upvote 1

img_jagsirvent_20170721-094914_imagenes_

Diego Simeone's renewal en route but not closed yet

Atlético Madrid may inly have signed Vitolo from Sevilla who will join Atlético in January and it's the reason due to the ban that more of a revolution hasn't occurred in this summer transfer window.  There are also the rumours surrounding the return of rebel son Diego Costa from Chelsea, but that's yet to be seen.

But the most important factor as far as most Atleti fans are concerned is the situation with head coach Diego Simeone.  He had his current contract adjusted during the season which led to a lot of speculation surrounding his immediate future which hasn't come to fruition as he's still there and will be for the new season.  What's more is that he's been negotiating a new contract during the last two months according to important sources connected to the club and there are only minor details remaining on closing a longterm deal with guarantees for Simeone that the club will be ambitious and that it has everything in place to compete with the best on the continent.  What's for sure is that their past five to six years have bedded them in amongst Europe's elite and even though they're discarded even nowadays, they always seem to do their job and reach the highlight moments of every competition.

Something is expected in the next couple of weeks in terms of announcing Simeone as a longterm coach in a league where that's a rarity these days.

Didnt Simeone shorten his contract last season?