talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Fifty Quid Video Jukebox

football forum

Back in the day when you could make a video for about £50 

Bad Manners ' Walking in the Sunshine' ( 1981 )

True Story Section... 

Frontman Buster Bloodvessel got them all banned from Italian TV after mooning the concert audience when he heard the Pope was watching... xD

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I was going to say that 50 quid got you a lot back in the day. Wine, beach balls, shorts, shirts.

A pint only cost about 73p back in them days mate.. all in the back of the van down to the coast on 36p a gallon, shorts and shirts 3 pair for a £5 and 10 quid per hour on the pontoon and probably robbed some local kids of the beach balls.. probably had enough left over for fish&chips all round at the end of filming..  

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

A pint only cost about 73p back in them days mate.. all in the back of the van down to the coast on 36p a gallon, shorts and shirts 3 pair for a £5 and £10 quid per hour on the pontoon and probably robbed some local kids of the beach balls.. probably had enough left over for fish&chips all round at the end of filming..  

They probably borrowed the clothing off some mates (I know ive done that when I started gigging haha). But 73p for a pint is ridiculous what does it cost now?

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

They probably borrowed the clothing off some mates (I know ive done that when I started gigging haha). But 73p for a pint is ridiculous what does it cost now?

About £3.20 - £3.80 or more depending on where you go... 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

About £3.20 - £3.80 or more depending on where you go... 

Probably explains why someone posted about a 200 dollar video somewhere although you could probably setup something very good with about 500 is my guess.

10cc 'Dreadlock Holiday' 1978

True Story Section... 

Dreadlock Holiday was based on a real experience that Eric Stuart and Moody Blues singer Justin Haywood experienced while on holiday in Barbados, however Stewart changed the location to Jamaica, Graham Gouldman said that some of the events that are mentioned are true, some are.. fairly true!

ABC 'The look of Love' 1982

True Story Section... 

The Look of Love is not the chirpy upbeat song you might think it is, Lead singer Martin Fry said it's genuinely about that moment where it all goes wrong and you get your fucking teeth kicked in when someone leaves you and you feel totally shit and you are scrambling around trying to find some meaning in your life.. 

• Subscriber
On 26/08/2019 at 01:06, Bluewolf said:

True Story Section... 

The Look of Love is not the chirpy upbeat song you might think it is, Lead singer Martin Fry said it's genuinely about that moment where it all goes wrong and you get your fucking teeth kicked in when someone leaves you and you feel totally shit and you are scrambling around trying to find some meaning in your life.. 

I think its also a symptom of the time, that synth sound actually can't be made to sound melancholic in any way. Even that Eurthymics classic Sweet Dreams is not an upbeat song but the running line in the back makes it seem like it is.

Archived