talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Next For Daniel Sturridge?

25 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I think even Rodgers had given up on him by the end, hence going all in on Benteke. One could argue that Sturridge's unreliability played a big part in getting Rodgers sacked by Liverpool, as our post-Suarez season wouldn't have been half as disastrous if we'd had a competent striker in the team, so I can't see Rodgers wanting to go through all that again.

Also, not really relevant to the point, but I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment that he's one-sided. I actually think he's one of the more ambidextrous strikers you'll see these days.

Well I did say his right has improved since his Chelsea days. I cant say I have seen him much since he left Chelsea apart from when we play Liverpool or he turns out for England. However, the highlighted line of yours is a very interesting assessment offering of Daniel Sturridge.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Well I did say his right has improved since his Chelsea days. I cant say I have seen him much since he left Chelsea apart from when we play Liverpool or he turns out for England. However, the highlighted line of yours is a very interesting assessment offering of Daniel Sturridge.

I stand by it. All strikers favour one side (although only left footed players seem to be questioned for it) but Sturridge's ratio of left foot : right foot goals is fairly even compared to many others, and he's scored some very good goals with his weaker foot.

35 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

This was my thinking with Inverted, Dembele's money would enable Celtic to afford Sturridge. It's not like he would stay there for long. He would score a hat-full of goals helping Celtic stay on top up there and Celtic would re-coop their outlay from some English club with TV money on the hip.

He would only score if he wasn't injured. Something he has struggled with in recent years.

Celtic would much rather buy a cheaper and younger striker. Less of a risk and chance of a higher reward at the end.

• Subscriber

You can only wish the guy well and hope that he gets a better handle on his health wherever he decides to go. Would you want him as your No. 1 strike option? No. You want to pair him with someone because thats where I believe you get the best out of Daniel. As an impact sub he has a lot to offer as well but I can't imagine a club putting money into a player that they only want to use as an impact player. 

Leaving England might do his career some good as well maybe France? Think he does lack motivation now and a new club and new settings might revive something in him but thats to be seen. The guy is only 27 and still has something left to prove but staying with Liverpool isn't going to get him any of that.

What's next for him? Another injury. That's what.

I like him as a player, but he's so crocked it's a waste of a squad player tbh. I think we should sell him to whoever will pay the most (obviously) - not fussed who. I don't think he'll ever be the same player again.

I pity him as well because it can't be easy playing with the memory of so many injuries in your head. We all say it shouldn't make a difference, but I can imagine thinking "is this worth the risk" everytime you stretch for a ball, make a challenge, or even just hit your top speed. 

On 2017-4-28 at 3:19 PM, Dickie said:

We'll swap Berahino, he's garbage never understood why payed so much for him and imbula....

In Stoke's defence I thought Imbula was a massive steal at the time. He was brilliant in Portugal before signing players from Portugal was cool

Archived