football forum

• The title was changed to Round 13 - Belgium
  • The topic was pinned
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Excited because it's Spa. 

Ferrari should have an advantage here; but it's also interesting to see how many changes teams will bring after the mid-season break. 

Also keen to see how far behind Honda truly is in terms of power.

Outside of Monaco, I feel like this is the race that I've heard the most about. 

Curious to see how things go for Renault, and if the rumors are true about replacing Nico with Ocon. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Spa :x 

One of my favourite tracks of the year.

Just look at this corner.

1439979338863.jpg

POD-Eau-Rouge.jpg

Its not even really a corner anymore, it's a straight in low fuel.

However, I do love this track. The scenery is special. Pouhon is still a great corner where they have to push the car to the limit of its grip.

This is also one of those tracks that could comfortably do without DRS. There have been some great races here since I started watching F1. 2008 between Hamilton and Raikkonen was amazing, let's just forget about the part where Massa won due to Lewis' post race penalty.

2010 was also exciting. Vettel took Button out, Alonso took himself out. Hamilton won with Webber 2nd when the pair of them were 3rd and 4th in the championship, bringing them back into the hunt with Vettel and Alonso.

Ferrari must be aiming to win both of these races, the only thing that can rescue their terrible year.

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, nudge said:

Early weather forecast seems to indicate hot and dry Saturday (+27) but cool Sunday (+17) and potentially some rain during the race.

What did you think of Ferrari in the rain in Germany during the race? Compared to previous seasons I think Ferraei looked much more stable in the wet then the previous 2 years.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, MUFC said:

What did you think of Ferrari in the rain in Germany during the race? Compared to previous seasons I think Ferraei looked much more stable in the wet then the previous 2 years.

They looked fast enough in the wet; not sure about stability differences compared to last two years as I think this time Vettel was just cautious and played it cool not taking any unnecessary risks. I think Räikönnen also did well in a Ferrari driving in the rain last season and didn't seem to have problems with the grip or stability; hard to say.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, nudge said:

They looked fast enough in the wet; not sure about stability differences compared to last two years as I think this time Vettel was just cautious and played it cool not taking any unnecessary risks. I think Räikönnen also did well in a Ferrari driving in the rain last season and didn't seem to have problems with the grip or stability; hard to say.

I agree but the previous 2 years they were almost fighting at time to keep it on the road. they looked better in Germany, but like you said is hard to say. Maybe a couple of races in the full-wets will give a better indicator. 

Oh slicks.

• Subscriber

Renault and McLaren will have an upgraded spec C power unit; Renault is also supposed to bring some aero upgrades as well.

Ferrari, Mercedes  & Red Bull will reportedly be bringing engine upgrades in Monza.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Ehm, what the fuck? xD

Kimi injured his lower leg and Sauber were not sure he'll be fit enough to race so Ericsson was flown in in case they needed a replacement for Kimi. Seems he's ok to drive though.

• Subscriber

Albon and Kvyat get new spec 4 Honda engines and will start the race from the back of the grid! Improvements on both reliability and performance have been made in the new upgrade. 

• Subscriber

Alex :x Hope he does well in the race coming from the back of the grid. 

Ferraris look seriously fast. Mercedes are seriously sandbagging again though; just look at those Racing Points flying with the new spec engine.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived