talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/2020 - Matchday 2 - Aug 23-25th

football forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to finally be in the stadium again. First season with a season ticket, but I still went to every home game (except one) last season. Now after the break, it feels like I haven't been there in years. Buzzing about Saturday! Kownacki will return to the squad as well :)

18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Can't wait to finally be in the stadium again. First season with a season ticket, but I still went to every home game (except one) last season. Now after the break, it feels like I haven't been there in years. Buzzing about Saturday! Kownacki will return to the squad as well :)

Enjoy it! Watching football on TV is boring compared to the experience at the stadium.

5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Enjoy it! Watching football on TV is boring compared to the experience at the stadium.

Yea, I love the atmosphere and everything that comes with it. I know someone who says he doesn't like to watch football in the stadium, because everything is so far away and it's much more comfortable at home... wtf? But he's a Bayern Fan from Düsseldorf, so he's probably mentally challenged anyway :P

• Subscriber

Enjoy Thomas! It's been almost a decade I went to a proper football match at the stadium :( Not including the ones in Asia in scorching heat with warm rum and coke served in a plastic bag instead of beer xD 

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Enjoy Thomas! It's been almost a decade I went to a proper football match at the stadium :( Not including the ones in Asia in scorching heat with warm rum and coke served in a plastic bag instead of beer xD 

You're back in Europe, so get on it :P If you ever come to Düsseldorf on a Fortuna matchday, you're more than welcome to join me. Even though I have a season ticket, I think they're still a few free seats around me. But there's something about Fortuna that gets you addicted, so be cautious :P Man, I'm a glad that I got out of that artificial fan-being, and found true footy love.....again. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You're back in Europe, so get on it :P If you ever come to Düsseldorf on a Fortuna matchday, you're more than welcome to join me. Even though I have a season ticket, I think they're still a few free seats around me. But there's something about Fortuna that gets you addicted, so be cautious :P Man, I'm a glad that I got out of that artificial fan-being, and found true footy love.....again. 

Yeah looking to buy a car next month so can finally take a few European trips again; will let you know if I'm anywhere near you anytime soon... Will bring you that promised bottle of Baltic "Altbier" as well then xD 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Koln score to go up 1-0. 

Have been the better team in the past 5 minutes or so. 

Just proving that it doesn't matter how much possession you have but what you do with it... Absolutely deserved in my opinion. 

This Köln team is a nightmare to play against to be fair. So much athleticism and aggression; love it. 

Just now, nudge said:

Just proving that it doesn't matter how much possession you have but what you do with it... Absolutely deserved in my opinion. 

This Köln team is a nightmare to play against to be fair. So much athleticism and aggression; love it. 

I think the combo of Cordoba and Modeste will cause a lot of issues this year for opponents. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Cordoba almost just made the Dortmund keeper look like a fool there. 

Bürki tried to do a Neuer there :4_joy:

Great stuff from Köln. BVB with too many mistakes and they just look uninspired in general.

Yeah, Koln look very good. Their team in general looks very strong. Modeste and Cordoba upfront look like a real handfull. While their new signings, Belgian internationals Verstraete and Bornauw have both been excellent and so has their other new signing the Tunesian international  Ellyes Skhiri. Dortmund really have their work cut out in the second half. They really have to up the standard and show more urgency.

But yes, I have been very impressed with Koln so far. They have been very astute with their transfers this summer and their starting 11 have played very well so far.

Yeah, I was just going to say, the other new boys Ehizbue and Schindler have also done very well. This Koln team has really got stuck in and you can see that they have a real good team spirit about them. They are also very well organised, add the quality that some of their players have and we have the making of a very good team. There are like 5 new signings in Koln's starting lineup, but the chemistry in the team makes it seem like they have been playing together for years.

I've been very impressed by the 20 year old Belgian Bornauw. He looks an extremely strong no nonsense defender. He seems very promising, and he looks like he could potentially follow in the footsteps of world class Belgian defenders such as Kompany, Vertonghen and Alderweireld.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived