• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/2020 - Matchday 2 - Aug 23-25th

football forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The new handball rules are fucking stupid. Füllkrug heads the ball which then rebounds from Kaderabek's stomach and touches Füllkrug's elbow. Fuck off.

Second yellow for Jojo Eggestein. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

The new handball rules are fucking stupid. Füllkrug heads the ball which then rebounds from Kaderabek's stomach and touches Füllkrug's elbow. Fuck off.

Second yellow for Jojo Eggestein. 

Yes, that handball or elbow was not deliberate, calling off such a goal is harsh. Bremen deserved the equaliser, but anyway, it looks like Hoffenheim are taking all the points today, thanks to Eggestein's stupid fouls.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

3-2 Hoffenheim. Again concede after a corner; poor defending and Pavlenka nowehere again. Two goals from two corners for Hoffenheim.

Yes, they do really need to practice their defending from corners and set pieces. Unlucky for Werder, they played very well at times and deserved that chalked off second goal by Fullkrug. But I think that Eggestein's sending off may have been a major reason as to why they lost.

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Yes, they do really need to practice their defending from corners and set pieces. Unlucky for Werder, they played very well at times and deserved that chalked off second goal by Fullkrug. But I think that Eggestein's sending off may have been a major reason as to why they lost.

Yeah we didn't look good defending those corners at all but to be fair it is also a bit hard when most of your key defenders are injured and the next one also picks up an injury early in the game so you end up playing your right back as a CB and your central midfielder as an RB while your backup CB has to cover for the LB. With that in mind, we defended well throughout the match and Hoffenheim struggled with creating any goal scoring opportunities bar set pieces... What I can't understand though is why Groß was not brought on for Toprak; that would have been a CB for a CB instead of playing numerous people out of position.

Eggestein's sending off certainly didn't help but we equalised after he was gone already and overall we didn't look very much disadvantaged by being one goal down - just poor positioning/individual mistakes while defending set pieces. 

Füllkrug, Osako and Friedl for me were the positives of this match; disappointed with Klaassen as much more is expected from a player like him. 

Definitely not the ideal start of the season...

Well, not a great math from us, but not the end of the world. We didn't get demolished, which is always a concern if you're one down so early. We actually had some decent attacks in the 2nd half. Not to worry. Kownacki made a really good impression when he came off the bench. 

39 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah we didn't look good defending those corners at all but to be fair it is also a bit hard when most of your key defenders are injured and the next one also picks up an injury early in the game so you end up playing your right back as a CB and your central midfielder as an RB while your backup CB has to cover for the LB. With that in mind, we defended well throughout the match and Hoffenheim struggled with creating any goal scoring opportunities bar set pieces... What I can't understand though is why Groß was not brought on for Toprak; that would have been a CB for a CB instead of playing numerous people out of position.

Eggestein's sending off certainly didn't help but we equalised after he was gone already and overall we didn't look very much disadvantaged by being one goal down - just poor positioning/individual mistakes while defending set pieces. 

Füllkrug, Osako and Friedl for me were the positives of this match; disappointed with Klaassen as much more is expected from a player like him. 

Definitely not the ideal start of the season...

Yes, well to be fair, I think both teams had some key players out, but it probably affected Werder more as the most of the players out were in defence. So that left them thin at the back and yeah. Toprak going off injured so early, didn't help their cause at all. Gross probably should of been the one to come on, but the manager obviously has his own ideas as to who he prefers. Fullkrug was Werder's best player today in my opinion, he looked very lively for most of the game. But yeah, Klaasen needs to really get back to form, he didn't have his best game today and he is usually the go to guy when it comes to creating chances for Werder.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, not a great math from us, but not the end of the world. We didn't get demolished, which is always a concern if you're one down so early. We actually had some decent attacks in the 2nd half. Not to worry. Kownacki made a really good impression when he came off the bench. 

That's what I always say to myself too.

38sjwt.jpg

:4_joy:

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yeah, well Leverkusen look very good this season, despite losing Brandt. As we have already discussed before, I am a big fan of Kownacki, so I expect him to do well at Dusseldorf this season and hopefully he will be fit enough to make his first full game of the season next week, or at least start the match.

Had some idiotic wannabe hooligan Leverkusen fans a few rows behind me who threw a full beer into my back. Well, didn't expect that I have to take a 2nd shower today when I get home. Fucking idiots. There were kids in our block too. Ah well, let's hope those low lifes will never reproduce. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Had some idiotic wannabe hooligan Leverkusen fans a few rows behind me who threw a full beer into my back. Well, didn't expect that I have to take a 2nd shower today when I get home. Fucking idiots. There were kids in our block too. Ah well, let's hope those low lifes will never reproduce. 

Ignore those Neverkusen supporters, you get idiots everywhere unfortunately. Such morons should be banned for life from attending matches.

• Subscriber

Id like the record to reflect that under no circumstances are those handballs. Don't post pictures or videos please just take my word for it.

I actually have no idea how those weren't called, what is the actual point of VAR if not to make those calls? They weren't 50/50 calls I really am lost for words.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Id like the record to reflect that under no circumstances are those handballs. Don't post pictures or videos please just take my word for it.

Uli is that you? :ph34r:

We are lucky we are not 2-0 down, Werner could of got his second if the ball wasn't crossed a little too far behind him for him to get a clean connection. Rebic being dropped, has to be because he is apparently unsettled. Hutter was scathing about Rebic's performance against Strasbourg, claiming he wasn't putting in much effort and that he might be distracted by transfer rumours surrounding him. Leipzig have clearly been the better side in the first 20 minutes. Poulsen and Werner are continuing their lethal partnership.

Poulsen scores a second with a volley, it's 2-0 now to Leipzig. This has been another disappointing result for Frankfurt. I hope that Rebic comes into the starting lineup next game. We haven't played too badly today, but we do need Rebic's creativity in the team. Jovelijic and Pacienica have played well despite not having too much support. I'd like to see Rebic play just behind that front two in the next match.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived