talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/2020 - Matchday 2 - Aug 23-25th

football forum

I have a question about Modeste, he was sold to a Chinese club in July 2018 for about 30 million Euros. Modeste then left Tianjin his Chinese club in August 2018 only a month later, because he claimed that Tianjin didn't pay him his agreed salary. Modeste then joined Koln on a free in November 2018.

So did Koln make a profit of 30 million Euros just for doing without Modeste for about 4 months?? Thats is an incredible profit that they seem to have made, if they weren't obliged to pay anything to Tianjin in order to resign Modeste.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

2-1 now. I havne't watched the second half, but I can only assume Dortmund have looked better than they did in the 1st. 

Opposite for me. Have only watched 2nd half and Dortmund been well on top.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Köln did really well though and the scoreline is quite harsh... 

Seemed like they flagged quite early in the 2nd half.

Or perhaps Dortmund were just much fitter and couldn't cope with the quality Dortmund had at their disposal.

12 hours ago, nudge said:

Köln did really well though and the scoreline is quite harsh... 

Very true, but you give Dortmund a glimpse of a chance and they will punish you. Koln have a very good team, it was unfortunate that they loss by a 3-1 scoreline.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Seemed like they flagged quite early in the 2nd half.

Or perhaps Dortmund were just much fitter and couldn't cope with the quality Dortmund had at their disposal.

Not surprised they ran out of steam given all the pressing and aggressiveness in the first half. The turning point for me was Cordoba having to be subbed off. Höger for Modeste was a poor substitution as well whereas Brandt and Hakimi (and the change of the system) really turned the game over for BVB.

Today is the daaaaaaaaay, first home game of the season. I'd be happy enough with a point against Leverkusen. We looked clinical against Bremen, and with Zimmer and Kownacki returning, we should have more quality in the squad this time as well. 

Glad Dortmund won 3:1 because that's exactly what I predicted in a prediction league with friends where money is to be won :ph34r: edit: Oh and in the TFF Prediction League as well. 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Now I know why BVB let Toprak go :4_joy: Had problems with breathing in last match; has to be taken off with another injury just 14 minutes into the match. :censored:

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Today is the daaaaaaaaay, first home game of the season. I'd be happy enough with a point against Leverkusen. We looked clinical against Bremen, and with Zimmer and Kownacki returning, we should have more quality in the squad this time as well. 

Glad Dortmund won 3:1 because that's exactly what I predicted in a prediction league with friends where money is to be won :ph34r: edit: Oh and in the TFF Prediction League as well. 

Down early because of a Baker own goal. Kownacki on the bench, lets see how Fortuna respond to the early setback.

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Now I know why BVB let Toprak go :4_joy: Had problems with breathing in last match; has to be taken off with another injury just 14 minutes into the match. :censored:

Talented defender but he doesn't appear to be the fittest.

• Subscriber

A pretty poor first half by both teams; very few created chances but we looked a bit better going forward, especially in the last 15 minutes or so so I'd say the goal is not undeserved. Happy for Lücke; a great header by him. Sahin seems to be still struggling with the back injury after that fall earlier. 

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

A pretty poor first half by both teams; very few created chances but we looked a bit better going forward, especially in the last 15 minutes or so so I'd say the goal is not undeserved. Happy for Lücke; a great header by him. Sahin seems to be still struggling with the back injury after that fall earlier. 

Yeah, I'd second that. I think that Werder deserved that goal, they were putting on the pressure at the end of the second half. Hoffenheim seem to be missing the dynamism of the injured Kramaric in attack. I'd really like to see Samassekou come on, he was excellent whenever I saw him play for Salzburg. Belfodil and Bittencourt could also liven up the Hoffenheim attack, which hasn't looked that good so far.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived