Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal

Head to Head
Liverpool - 87 wins
Draws - 61
Arsenal - 78 wins

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defense needs to tighten up a bit for this one. We've had a lot of shots on goal against us, but this will be against Aubamayang and Lacazette, which is a bit trickier than the other attacks we've been up against so far in the season (excluding the charity shield).

• Subscriber

I wonder who starts in midfield for this one because looking at their defensive line there are holes in it that could be exploited quite well. I am also of the very slim belief that Brewster should get a run here. Looking at some of the games he played in pre-season he chases really well but that also keeps one of our top three performers out and putting Bobby, Mo and Mane out at the same guarantees we'll have a better linkup. 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I wonder who starts in midfield for this one because looking at their defensive line there are holes in it that could be exploited quite well. I am also of the very slim belief that Brewster should get a run here. Looking at some of the games he played in pre-season he chases really well but that also keeps one of our top three performers out and putting Bobby, Mo and Mane out at the same guarantees we'll have a better linkup. 

I think Fabinho and Henderson come back in for sure. Wijnaldum probably takes the other spot. No return date for Keita yet is there?

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I want to see us do what we did last year against Arsenal at Anfield.

4-2-3-1 with Salah as the 1, Bobby playing at #10 and Shaqiri in the side. Because I want to see Shaqiri back in the side more this season, he had a great start to the season before his pubic injury and basically disappearing from the first team until Barca at Anfield.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think Fabinho and Henderson come back in for sure. Wijnaldum probably takes the other spot. No return date for Keita yet is there?

I haven't heard anything about Keita which is a shame because I think he was coming along quite well too and now we won't see him for a while. I think not having Gini in the midfield actually hampers its ability to control the play for forward movement as we saw when he came on during the Super Cup game as well. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I want to see us do what we did last year against Arsenal at Anfield.

4-2-3-1 with Salah as the 1, Bobby playing at #10 and Shaqiri in the side. Because I want to see Shaqiri back in the side more this season, he had a great start to the season before his pubic injury and basically disappearing from the first team until Barca at Anfield.

I think we will see Shaqiri get a chance again but I can't see Klopp starting him just yet. What is odd is that he has so much energy and absolutely busts a lung to make runs for anyone that has possession.

This game has come too early for us in my opinion. There are too many things to resolve with the new players and also getting an identity established which is where Unai Emery has failed for me thus far since his appointment.

We have enough fire power this season to dismantle anyone including Liverpool or Man City, but everything else isn't ready yet. All the same, if we're organised, then Liverpool will have to be wary.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

3-0 to Liverpool.

Mane x2. Salah.

Guendouzi sent off.

I don't see Arsenal being our first clean sheet of the season. Too much potency in attack. This could well be a draw given the outs we have.

5 hours ago, Harry said:

I don't see Arsenal being our first clean sheet of the season. Too much potency in attack. This could well be a draw given the outs we have.

What 'outs'?

Think only Kieta is missing isn't he? Could be wrong. 

Reckon it'll be a little closer than Stan is saying. I too fully expect Arsenal to score, just don't have a lot of belief in our ability to keep teams out right now. That being said, I do think we will beat them as their defence is shite. 

3-1  

• The topic was unpinned

Archived