talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 24-25th August, 2019

football forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can literally google Allison mistakes and a plethora come up from several different matches since his debut last year. But yeah, he’s a worldie........

This isn’t taking away from De Gea being shit (he is right now), it’s just the United blinkers on some posters is embarrassing.

47 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You can literally google Allison mistakes and a plethora come up from several different matches since his debut last year. But yeah, he’s a worldie........

This isn’t taking away from De Gea being shit (he is right now), it’s just the United blinkers on some posters is embarrassing.

Who mentioned Alisson? Anyway, I think he made two bad mistakes off the top of my head last season

• Administrator

Can't work out why Cahill wasn't given a red card for the foul on Martial just outside the box. Only yellow given yet Martial was denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. 

Utd's defending for the first goal poor all round. Lindelof missing the initial header, Maguire playing Ayew onside and not following his run either. 

Regarding Andone red card for Brighton, just stupid from him. Not sure what he was thinking! 

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I'm actually not a big fan of Alisson either, but he's more reliable than De Gea in my humble opinion. The best keepers are in La Liga I think.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

That Barnes goal is a serious contender for goal of the week and perhaps the season even. The hit and the technique are superb.

He's made it look really easy as well. 

One of those where it gets better the more you see it. 

Maddison's pass for Vardy was exquisite too. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maddison's pass for Vardy was exquisite too. 

He's a bit hot and cold for me. Sometimes you'll watch him and he looks totally out of his element and then at other times hes assessed the situation really well and knows where to place the ball. I think with time this season he'll come really good for you'll. 

Just now, LFCMike said:

Why?

He's not bad (neither is De Gea) actually pretty good, but I do find him a bit overrated. Seems a tad limited, but he does have reliability as his shot stopping is very good. 

• Administrator

Not sure where Alisson is limited. If anything it's his mistakes on the ball when passing out from the back but even so, it's barely limited. He's exactly what's good for Liverpool and how the game is played these days with keepers needing to be good on the ball, which he is. 

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

He's not bad (neither is De Gea) actually pretty good, but I do find him a bit overrated. Seems a tad limited, but he does have reliability as his shot stopping is very good. 

Fair enough if you think he's overrated, I don't agree like but limited is not a word I'd have ever thought I'd see to describe him. I think he's very much a top modern goalkeeper and the difference is telling when he's not in the side. Ederson probably edges him in terms of ability with the ball at his feet but that side of Alisson's game is still very strong

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure where Alisson is limited. If anything it's his mistakes on the ball when passing out from the back but even so, it's barely limited. He's exactly what's good for Liverpool and how the game is played these days with keepers needing to be good on the ball, which he is. 

I don't think he really makes mistakes on the ball anymore either though. He had the one at Leicester and learnt his lesson

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure where Alisson is limited. If anything it's his mistakes on the ball when passing out from the back

Yeah this is kind of where I was getting at. I've seen him more for Brazil then Liverpool but I've always thought there was a reason Tite has him playing short because he's error prone in that sense.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Utd's defending for the first goal poor all round. Lindelof missing the initial header, Maguire playing Ayew onside and not following his run either. 

Look how many points we have picked up against Hull, Leicester and now Man United. Harry Maguire. Hes our super agent.

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I didnt realise how much I wanted Crystal Palace to beat Man United yesterday. I was never that confident we would lose since Man City away last season. What a club.

You have a real knack these days of getting points away from home against top 6 clubs. 

• Subscriber

Crystal Palace's ability to pull surprise away wins out is so frequently it shouldn't even be a surprise anymore. They are the last team to win at Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal which is some stat.

I thought Man Utd looked quite good in that first game against Chelsea but it's becoming increasingly apparently to me that Chelsea will concede a hell of a lot of goals this season and there probably isn't much to read into it, good as they were that day (and in fairness 4-0 was flattering).

I'm still reserving judgment on us yet. We've been quite odd. Not particularly great, not poor, but there's clearly quality in the side and that's what's won it for us yesterday. Not many teams will win at Bramall Lane this season. They're a well organised side and very hard to break down, and it's taken two bits of absolute quality for us to beat them. I didn't realise at the time how good Maddison's ball actually was. That Barnes hit is satisfyingly brilliant. I actually think Sheffield United will stay up this season. Plenty of teams will go there and lose 1-0 or 2-0.

We've had a pretty good start all in all, one of only four unbeaten sides (with one of those likely to be beaten today) and to be honest, three fixtures which I wouldn't call easy either.

Bournemouth at home next week for us. That should be three points I think.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived