talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kai Havertz Completes Chelsea Move

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Havertz is exactly the kind of player Real Madrid have been targeting the last few years. I´m kinda surprised they´ve never really made a push for him. That indicates their finacial situation must not be that comfortable.

Might be satisfied with their frontline already (and not just a solid front 3). 

Vinicius Jr, Benzema, Hazard, Asensio, Rodrygo, Lucas Vazquez. Maybe they don't need to improve just yet and perhaps other targets will be around next summer. Oh and can't forget the instrumental golf-loving Bale xD 

They'll win La Liga again at a canter with Barca seemingly shooting themselves in the foot 'in transition'. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Roman spending? I think you seriously underestimate how much money the PL has. Sponsorships, TV deals, and everything in between, not mentioning that Chelsea also sell players at a premium. It isn’t 2004 anymore, I’d be surprised if Abramovic has to spend  these days. 

The feeling I have from afar is that Chelsea has become self sustainable. Even if Roman left, Chelsea is now entrenched as one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

13 minutes ago, Rick said:

Havertz would absolutely be pushing for a starting place straight away, he’s that good. He’s potentially a generational talent. 

Why does it matter if we are linked or not, I can still be unhappy we didn’t make a move. Fucking sitting watching the club actively hinder the evolution of this team to save a few quid is irritating to save the least. 

£62m is not a few quid. Give it a rest matexD

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

The feeling I have from afar is that Chelsea has become self sustainable.

That was always the long term plan... If you look over the past few seasons we are managing that quite well, It always helps of course if we ever need a financial boost for someone special then maybe the cash would be made available to us in the short term but those days of spending more than we are making is a thing of the past.. 

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

The feeling I have from afar is that Chelsea has become self sustainable. Even if Roman left, Chelsea is now entrenched as one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

Billionaires don’t become that by spending all their money

5 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I prefer we are being backed by the Russian Mafia narrative. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Might be satisfied with their frontline already (and not just a solid front 3). 

Vinicius Jr, Benzema, Hazard, Asensio, Rodrygo, Lucas Vazquez. Maybe they don't need to improve just yet and perhaps other targets will be around next summer. Oh and can't forget the instrumental golf-loving Bale xD 

They'll win La Liga again at a canter with Barca seemingly shooting themselves in the foot 'in transition'. 

They also have Kubo, Odegaard and Reinier. There are lots of good young players in the Real pipeline, but Florentino is nver satisfied. I really thought they´d go hard after Havertz. 

Apparently today it was revealed that the Hazard transfer cost them a lot more than it was made public, so maybe all those dots are connected and in the end Real Madrid fund Chelsea´s great summer market, which they may regret. 

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

£62m is not a few quid. Give it a rest matexD

Didn’t mind spending it on Van Dijk, look what happened there. For the record, I’m not saying we should have blown our whole load on just Havertz. No, we need another centre half, a quality midfielder and attacking options. 

Should be selling Ox & Shaqiri, along with Wilson to facilitate these things. 

29 minutes ago, Rick said:

Didn’t mind spending it on Van Dijk, look what happened there. For the record, I’m not saying we should have blown our whole load on just Havertz. No, we need another centre half, a quality midfielder and attacking options. 

Should be selling Ox & Shaqiri, along with Wilson to facilitate these things. 

Liverpool were desperate for a top centre half when we signed VVD. Same with a goalkeeper when we signed Alisson. No matter how much you try to make it seem Liverpool are desperate for players, they're not. They're in a pretty strong position you know. The way they've operated over the last few years has served them quite well I reckon, don't you? 

Think it's difficult seeing Liverpool getting the money they'd want for those players this summer.

I'm sure there will be another addition in the month that is left of the window but if not, it's the end of the world. Just see what happens without fuming over players who were never coming here. 

• The title was changed to Kai Havertz Completes Move to Chelsea
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Are Leverkusen closing or what? Looks like a summer sale. They're selling everyone. 

Havertz is without a doubt the most talented German player I've seen in recent years. 

See what will happen is Bayer will buy players now they are flush with cash. They will go up to Bremen and buy their best player for less than five milllion euros, and we'll all laugh at Devil Dick and great times will be had

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool were desperate for a top centre half when we signed VVD. Same with a goalkeeper when we signed Alisson. No matter how much you try to make it seem Liverpool are desperate for players, they're not. They're in a pretty strong position you know. The way they've operated over the last few years has served them quite well I reckon, don't you? 

Think it's difficult seeing Liverpool getting the money they'd want for those players this summer.

I'm sure there will be another addition in the month that is left of the window but if not, it's the end of the world. Just see what happens without fuming over players who were never coming here. 

You don’t think we are desperate for CB cover? Matip is the only senior back up and he is a sick not. 

Attacking wise, Origi (bar a handful of big goals) and Shaqiri aren’t reliable performers and Minamino needs more time to bed it (though I’m sure he will be a success). 

Yeah, we aren’t crying out for half a team and Klopp will obviously play down speculation of new signings but he won’t be happy seeing his squad not being strengthened like that of his rivals. Who would be? City aren’t going to be that far away from us again, Chelsea have bought well, Utd will look to be up there and Arsenal are seeing a resurgence. Seems to be us that are happy to just sit still and rest on our laurels. You can only push a player so far before burnout happens, and I’d hate that to happen to these players as they don’t deserve it. They need help. 

Obviously, if we end the window with a couple of signings I’ll eat my hat, especially if Thiago is one of them. I concede it’s not the end of the world if we don’t make them, but I would like us to capitalise on the great position we find ourselves in as a club. 

53 minutes ago, Spike said:

See what will happen is Bayer will buy players now they are flush with cash. They will go up to Bremen and buy their best player for less than five milllion euros, and we'll all laugh at Devil Dick and great times will be had

Honestly could happen. Rashica to Leverkusen for 25 mil would not surprise me in the slightest. 

6 hours ago, Rick said:

You don’t think we are desperate for CB cover? Matip is the only senior back up and he is a sick not. 

Attacking wise, Origi (bar a handful of big goals) and Shaqiri aren’t reliable performers and Minamino needs more time to bed it (though I’m sure he will be a success). 

Yeah, we aren’t crying out for half a team and Klopp will obviously play down speculation of new signings but he won’t be happy seeing his squad not being strengthened like that of his rivals. Who would be? City aren’t going to be that far away from us again, Chelsea have bought well, Utd will look to be up there and Arsenal are seeing a resurgence. Seems to be us that are happy to just sit still and rest on our laurels. You can only push a player so far before burnout happens, and I’d hate that to happen to these players as they don’t deserve it. They need help. 

Obviously, if we end the window with a couple of signings I’ll eat my hat, especially if Thiago is one of them. I concede it’s not the end of the world if we don’t make them, but I would like us to capitalise on the great position we find ourselves in as a club. 

Not desperate. I'd be fine with Fabinho covering there, especially if Thiago did happen. There's a very strong argument that Fabinho as fourth choice is better than Lovren fourth choice CB.

I think in a world without Covid, Liverpool are probably able to move Origi, Shaqiri and Wilson on for the fees they want but I don't think that can happen this summer. I think they might take their chance and wait to see what they can get next year for them.

Klopp likes a small squad doesn't he and yeah maybe there's one or two who could be upgraded if the right player became available at the right price but let's stop crying about it like it's desperate. Two of the clubs you mention, money is no object so let's ignore them. The other two are so far behind they have to take risks and spend big. Liverpool are being cautious but there's no real need for them to take unnecessary risks. They've also spent a lot of money on Kirkby and renewing contracts over the last couple of years to keep hold of our best players.

• Subscriber

i'd be very surprised if this Chelsea squad don't end up in the top 4 minimum this year. The players they have acquired as their front attack block are going to cause a lot of teams problems. Keep in mind that this all needs to find its way to the pitch and translate from whats on paper to actually winning the games they need but I think they'll do fine.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

i'd be very surprised if this Chelsea squad don't end up in the top 4 minimum this year. The players they have acquired as their front attack block are going to cause a lot of teams problems. Keep in mind that this all needs to find its way to the pitch and translate from whats on paper to actually winning the games they need but I think they'll do fine.

With the personnel and amount they've signed, I'd expect a title challenge. Genuinely. 

• The title was changed to Kai Havertz Completes Chelsea Move

Archived