talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kai Havertz Completes Chelsea Move

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Tommy said:

Are Leverkusen closing or what? Looks like a summer sale. They're selling everyone. 

Havertz is without a doubt the most talented German player I've seen in recent years. 

As Bosz put it: They lost 60 scorer points by selling Volland and Havertz.

Poor lad :(

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

With the personnel and amount they've signed, I'd expect a title challenge. Genuinely. 

So far Chelsea had the role of the underdog pretty often and were offered loads of space which makes counter attacking relatively easy.

What will happen once the better teams start to sit deep? Are the players and more importantly Lampard up for the task? I doubt it.

30 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

So far Chelsea had the role of the underdog pretty often and were offered loads of space which makes counter attacking relatively easy.

What will happen once the better teams start to sit deep? Are the players and more importantly Lampard up for the task? I doubt it.

Timo Werners weakness. Organized defenses 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

With the personnel and amount they've signed, I'd expect a title challenge. Genuinely. 

This even before they signed Thiago Silva (when we still knew Havertz was coming). Lampard has a first eleven and a good squad, 90+point season should be expected and cup silverware, along with a good run in the CL.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

So you should, so everyone should. Anything less would be a complete failure, not holding my breath to see any pressure from the English media on Tory Frank though.

He'll get a lot of leeway. It'll only be when it gets really serious they'll latch on and put some pressure on. 

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

This even before they signed Thiago Silva (when we still knew Havertz was coming). Lampard has a first eleven and a good squad, 90+point season should be expected and cup silverware, along with a good run in the CL.

Yes, the other competitions you'd expect some final appearances at the very least too - FA Cup, League Cup especially. Champions League probably a bit more difficult, mind.

Just now, Stan said:

He'll get a lot of leeway. It'll only be when it gets really serious they'll latch on and put some pressure on. 

Yes, the other competitions you'd expect some final appearances at the very least too - FA Cup, League Cup especially. Champions League probably a bit more difficult, mind.

Aye not a winner but they need to be last 16 minimum...this is one of the best squads in Europe

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No, it isn't. It's still a shaky defense in front of an uninspiring goalkeeper with a spotty midfield and 100 000 attackers of varying quality. 

But if we believe @Cicero (and we have no reason not to given he watches his team week in, week out?) their problem was killing games off which put pressure on the defence. Now they have bolstered their attack with 3 quality players and added some experience to their squad in Thiago Silva (despite his age), it's perfectly reasonable to think they should be winning something this season. And that something should be the Premier League. 

You don't spend that much just to settle for a domestic cup, to be honest.

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No, it isn't. It's still a shaky defense in front of an uninspiring goalkeeper with a spotty midfield and 100 000 attackers of varying quality. 

I don’t think a back four of James, Rudiger, Silva & Chilwell is anything to sniff at. Could definitely do with a keeper though, Kepa is shite and Caballero is 50. 

• The title was changed to Kai Havertz Completes Chelsea Move
6 hours ago, God is Haaland said:

Pretty often? Our football doesn't suggest that.

Only Liverpool and City have had more possession than us this season and only City have created more chances than us this season. How does a club who allegedly has the role of the underdog, manage that? We took the initiative under Lampard in nearly 90% of our games last season vs sitting back and countering. 

Why would better teams start to sit deep? They're better? No offence mate, but it sounds like you are desperate to find any argument to down play our club and Lampard's ability as a manager. xD

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Why would better teams start to sit deep? They're better? No offence mate, but it sounds like you are desperate to find any argument to down play our club and Lampard's ability as a manager. xD

Sorry, that wasn't my intention. I don't think better teams sit deep in general. I explored the following scenario:

1. Chelsea win almost all of their first 10 games. And utterly demolish a team every now and then.
  2. No Chelsea are #1 and favourites to win the League
  3. Everyone starts parking the bus against Chelsea in fear of getting hammered
  4. ?????

1 hour ago, God is Haaland said:

Sorry, that wasn't my intention. I don't think better teams sit deep in general. I explored the following scenario:

1. Chelsea win almost all of their first 10 games. And utterly demolish a team every now and then.
  2. No Chelsea are #1 and favourites to win the League
  3. Everyone starts parking the bus against Chelsea in fear of getting hammered
  4. ?????

I doubt Guardiola and Klopp will forfeit their own successful philosophies when they play against us. Even so, our biggest issue last season was converting our chances, particularly against those that sit back and break us on the counter. Having match winners across our attack, is something Lampard believes will fix this issue. Something that's also supported by the data. 

Pressure is on. No doubt about it. 

• 3 months later...
On 05/09/2020 at 19:52, Stan said:

On 05/09/2020 at 19:54, Danny said:

Aye not a winner but they need to be last 16 minimum...this is one of the best squads in Europe

On 05/09/2020 at 20:30, Smiley Culture said:

For me, Chelsea have to win something, compete in the Premier League title race and get to the last eight (minimum) of the Champions League with that squad.

On 06/09/2020 at 00:17, Cicero said:

Pretty often? Our football doesn't suggest that.

Only Liverpool and City have had more possession than us this season and only City have created more chances than us this season. How does a club who allegedly has the role of the underdog, manage that? We took the initiative under Lampard in nearly 90% of our games last season vs sitting back and countering. 

On 05/09/2020 at 20:32, Devil-Dick Willie said:

This thread is a fucking goldmine and I'm that Dutch dude from Austin Powers.

The only person downplaying Lampards ability as manager these days is you @CiceroxD

33 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

This thread is a fucking goldmine and I'm that Dutch dude from Austin Powers.

The only person downplaying Lampards ability as manager these days is you @CiceroxD

With of course the exception of the other 98% of avid football watchers,  but yes. Only I am downplaying his ability. 

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It was a joke, not a cock, don't take it so hard. 

It's just that the switcharoo is so fucking funny. 

I did say a couple months ago that this particular period would be the turning point for Lampard on whether he could hack it or not. 
God forbid I give a manager the benefit of the doubt he deserved. 

Archived