The better place to talk football.

Kai Havertz Completes Chelsea Move

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.48a72d8775ba7933830ab72451d6b759.png

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has agreed to a £125m double move for Bayer Leverkusen's Germany midfielder Kai Havertz, 20, and Bayern Munich striker Thomas Muller, 30. (Mirror)

However, Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic says there is no chance of Germany international Muller leaving the club in January. (Goal.com)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Kai Havertz - Liverpool Eyeing Up Big Money Move for Leverkusen Forward

I actually could see klopp modelling him into Firmino's long term replacement. 

He has the same raw attributes. He can play anywhere from the wing to central midfield, he has a bit of physical presence, he's creative and he's a reliable goalscorer. 

Klopp signing on long-term was partly so that he could shape the transition from the current team. The most tricky problem recruitment-wise was always going to be finding a player to fill the Firmino role. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Lets hope we beat Atletico, then meet Bayern at some point and beat them (or Chelsea do us a favor). Then Havertz can make his mind up on where he wants to go. I'd put very little stock in Coutinho helping to decide anyone's future at this point.

25 minutes ago, Eco said:

I just can't imagine him NOT at Bayern. 

Same.

It's also been said from our journos that have good track records with the information they provide being accurate, that we're not likely to make any massive signings. And this would be a massive signing. Instead our focus is going to be on retaining players we have now and more "depth" players - basically improving our bench and Klopp's options from the bench, is what I gather.

Which honestly makes sense, given the ages of the core of our squad. The oldest players are Milner, who recently signed an extension because he's a great squad player, and Lallana - who's likely to be on his way out and will either be replaced (or has been replaced already). It's rumoured that Lovren's looking for a club where he'll be getting more first team football as well - and considering how injury prone all of our CBs are that aren't named Virgil Van Dijk... I can see one of the first signings we make in the summer be another CB as cover/to push Gomez more.

But the only way I can see us making a big money move for a really hyped up player, tbh, is if we've got a big player leaving - like Salah or Mane. And I'd hate for either of them to leave the club.

So I fully anticipate Havertz to make a move to Bayern Munich in the summer, rather than go to us.

5 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

I gather that his old friend in London is advising that Kloppy would be his best future boss!

Havertz' technique and vision would be wasted in Klopp's system. There's only one BPL club Havertz should consider and that's City. Ideally Havertz goes to Dortmund this summer and plays there 3 or 4 years before joining Barca.

Adama Traoré would do better in Liverpool and he might be cheaper too.

19 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Havertz' technique and vision would be wasted in Klopp's system. There's only one BPL club Havertz should consider and that's City. Ideally Havertz goes to Dortmund this summer and plays there 3 or 4 years before joining Barca.

Adama Traoré would do better in Liverpool and he might be cheaper too.

It’s the one thing we are missing from our midfield, a creative dynamo. Thought Keita was going to be that, but he hasn’t produced as of yet. No way would Havertz be wasted here, he would learn how to counter press certainly, but we aren’t going to turn the lad into Lee Cattermole are we. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Kai Havertz Completes Chelsea Move

Archived