The better place to talk football.

Kai Havertz Completes Chelsea Move

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Who are favorites?

We are according to SKY and BILD. 

We don't want to pay the 100m though. Reports we want to do 60/70 million with 30-40 million in bonuses. 

34 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We are according to SKY and BILD. 

We don't want to pay the 100m though. Reports we want to do 60/70 million with 30-40 million in bonuses. 

Wow. Big signing for you guys to be making. 

Part of me just doesnt want to see any expensive players sold just to let prices come back down to earth and football lower it's operating costs a bit.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Wow. Big signing for you guys to be making. 

Part of me just doesnt want to see any expensive players sold just to let prices come back down to earth and football lower it's operating costs a bit.

Does it really matter though? It's not like it's our cash that is getting splashed.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Does it really matter though? It's not like it's our cash that is getting splashed.

I think it kind of does mate because the greed mentality of football is a big part of the problem and it's driven in part by that ongoing hyperinflation in transfer values, and that huge disconnect between cashed up football clubs and their everyday fans. Less money in football is a good thing for everyone.

• Administrator

Havertz, Ziyech and Werner.

Wow, that's some front line. Chelsea to become a force to be reckoned with over the next season or 2...

Orstein's pretty reliable but I cannot see how the books can be balanced in such a relatively short time frame. Not unless we already have suitors for the likes of Batshuayi, Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Moses, Kenedy and Rahman. 

Emerson to Inter for 20-25 million looks to be close. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
20 minutes ago, Eco said:

$200m? 

:o

I mean that's the cost of transfer fee and wages, image rights, sponsors, signing on fee etc. It's probably quite standard for these days especially over 5 years. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I mean that's the cost of transfer fee and wages, image rights, sponsors, signing on fee etc. It's probably quite standard for these days especially over 5 years. 

That may be true, but still that is a a massive amount of money we are talking about. 

28 minutes ago, Eco said:

That may be true, but still that is a a massive amount of money we are talking about. 

Well this is a very special player we are talking about. Leverkusen have every right to demand the amount for him. 

• The title was changed to Kai Havertz Completes Chelsea Move

Archived