talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Subscriber

First ever Star Wars original live-action series called The Mandalorian set to premiere on November 12th! 

Written and created by John Favreau, it stars Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Nick Nolte, Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow, Carl Weathers, Omid Abtahi and Werner Herzog.

The series is set in the Star Wars universe after the Fall of the Empire in the Return of the Jedi and follows a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer galaxy beyond the reaches of the New Republic.

Official poster has just been released and the trailer will be released later today!

The-Mandalorian-691x1024.jpeg

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah it's the logo of their new streaming service Disney+... 

Honestly something I’m considering getting. My daughter will love it but there’s a lot of stuff adults can enjoy, especially the early Disney classics. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Honestly something I’m considering getting. My daughter will love it but there’s a lot of stuff adults can enjoy, especially the early Disney classics. 

Yeah looks like a lot of great content for the whole family and even cheaper than Netflix. My only disappointment is that it won't get a global launch and most countries in Europe and Asia will have to wait until next year for it :( 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Trailer looks decent cant wait to see it released now.

Yeah it looks like it has the production quality of a movie. I mean I knew that they're working with a huge budget which was reported to be 100 million dollars (so 10 million per episode!) but I still didn't expect it to look THAT good! Great scenery, great costumes, the special effect look good as well.

I also love the setting; it has vibes of a western set in space and looks it will be quite dark and gritty - something that I always wanted from Star Wars!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Was reading somewhere online that they've already started shooting Season 2 so they must have some high hopes that this will do well.

Yes and first reviews from the journos and critics who have been shown extended footage from the first three episodes are overwhelmingly positive as well so I'm sure the show creators are very confident it will be a big hit.

This is quite a good read from EW: https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/05/inside-the-mandalorian-star-wars/

It really looks like a show that Star Wars fans will adore.

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes and first reviews from the journos and critics who have been shown extended footage from the first three episodes are overwhelmingly positive as well so I'm sure the show creators are very confident it will be a big hit.

This is quite a good read from EW: https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/05/inside-the-mandalorian-star-wars/

It really looks like a show that Star Wars fans will adore.

When I saw that Favreau was directing it I expected some action but it seems like they've gone a step further with what they are trying to portray here. Looking forward to see what it actually delivers now. The cast seems solid and I expect there to be a Favreau-esque type of comedy in it.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I'll also shamelessly tag @Tommy @Batard @Rick @IgnisExcubitor @Bluewolf to make sure they find their way to this thread :ph34r:

Every time you remind me, it also reminds me that the UK are not getting Disney + at launch, which makes my blood boil. So thank you, for boiling my blood. 

Jk...thankyouuuuuuu 4 realz 😁

3 hours ago, nudge said:

New trailer:

Looks fantastic.

Looks great!

But did Werner Herzog always act? It was weird to hear him speak in it, don't know why. Also Bill Burr has a role in it, which is kinda funny. And I think I saw the woman who played Pocahontas in The New World? Anyway, looks exciting! 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, nudge said:

I'll also shamelessly tag @Tommy @Batard @Rick @IgnisExcubitor @Bluewolf to make sure they find their way to this thread :ph34r:

I watched the trailer, Inga. It fucking rocks. It also makes the treatment of Star Wars by JJ and Katherine Kennedy look pretty shameful. Apparently 25% of the series is Boba Feet footage from the prequel film they abandoned due to not wanting to pay George. 

Saw the trailer yesterday. Well cut and makes it seem intriguing. 

The series is helmed by Favreau (who knows how to produce big budget projects) and one of the episodes is going to be directed by Taika Waititi so this should be really interesting. But the thing that I like the most is Filoni's involvement. I have watched a bit of the Rebels series and enjoyed what he did with that. He should get to be at the helm instead of Kennedy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived