talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Cicero said:

Anakin was always the chosen one though. His descent to darkness didn’t prevent him from fulfilling the prophecy given he was a product of the force. 

You might find this interesting:

Untitled.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg&c=sc&w=751&h=569

This is from the Darth Vader No. 25 comic. They pretty much played along with the theory that Palpatine was the one who created Anakin by manipulating the Midi-chlorians. And it's not only in the new canon. Legends material always claimed Palpatine and Plagueis were the ones who created him while it's also in the Phantom Menace were Shmi says that there's no father and the original George Lucas' screenplay for Episode III is even more clear about the original intentions of the writers: 

"On Coruscant, PALPATINE completes his seduction of ANAKIN, who at first refuses to go over to the dark side-- until the Chancellor makes a startling confession:"

DARTH SIDIOUS-- "I have waited all these years for you to fulfill your destiny... I arranged for your conception. I used the power of the Force to will the midichlorians to start the cell divisions that created you."

ANAKIN-- "I don't believe you."

DARTH SIDIOUS-- "Ahhh, but you know it's true. When you clear your mind, you will sense the truth. you could almost think of me as your father."

ANAKIN-- "That's impossible!"

DARTH SIDIOUS-- "Nevertheless, you must decide." 

What also is very interesting is the Chosen One Prophecy's exact wording revealed in the recent Master & Apprentice book:

‘She who will be born to darkness will give birth to darkness.’ ‘When the kyber that is not kyber shines forth, the time of prophecy will be at hand.’

‘One will ascend to the highest of the Jedi despite the foreboding of those who would serve with him.’

'Only through sacrifice of many Jedi will the Order cleanse the sin done to the nameless. The danger of the past is not past, but sleeps in an egg. When the egg cracks, it will threaten the galaxy entire. When the Force itself sickens, past and future must split and combine. A Chosen One shall come, born of no father, and through him will ultimate balance in the Force be restored.'

My point is, Anakin being the Chosen One doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility of someone creating "baby Yoda" at the same time to balance out the Force after Anakin was conceived. I mean it's just pure speculation anyway which will most likely turn out to be far far from the truth :D   Or maybe the writers of Mandalorian specifically chose the date to make sure the fans have things to think about but other than that it doesn't have any meaning or connection to the other events  xD 

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, Mel81x said:

One of the things that I hope TRoSW sorts out and then bleeds over into this show is the fact that whenever they use this word 'balance' its always related to Jedi/Light-Based characters. Now that its all going tits up in that final movie I hope Favreau introduces us to a new Sith Lord who doesn't get involved but is potentially the one after the baby just because he/she can feel its presence and wants it destroyed. 

Yes, the idea of the balance in the original trilogy seems to be the Dark Side destroyed by the Light Side as the Dark Side unbalances the Force. Don't know if you've read it but there's an old Legends novel and a series of comics called Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void which deals with Je'daii Order - an ancient organisation (and a predecessor of the Jedi Order) who actually saw the Force as the duality of Ashla (light) and Bogan (dark) and thought that keeping the balance between the two was the key while straying too much into either direction was considered to be dangerous. I liked that philosophy much much better and also hope to see more of it in the future. Maybe in the planned upcoming movies that are said to focus on the Old Republic.

On 12/11/2019 at 16:53, nudge said:

Just watched it! 

First things first - I loved it. The production value is extremely good. It's visually stunning, the soundtrack is amazing, the storyline is promising and the most important thing - it truly feels like Star Wars due to it being so true to the original trilogy in terms of pacing, world building, old-school effects, goofy humour, witty dry dialogue and the overall feel. Also so many nods to the original movies in the details; love it. Funnily enough, I have a feeling that because of of all that the show is going to appeal more to the somewhat older Star Wars fans who grew up watching the original trilogy whereas the younger generations might struggle a bit with it. Old spaghetti westerns are definitely a huge influence as well stylistically; it's gritty, fun and engaging.

The ending of the first episode...I won't do any spoilers but the reveal is going to have MASSIVE implications for the show and for the whole Star Wars universe.

A short summary of my first impressions: it's a visually stunning space western in a Star Wars universe with cool characters, engaging story, good action and amazing musical score. It somehow manages to capture the essence of both the prequels and the original trilogy, all while keeping it completely new and fresh. This is Star Wars I fell in love with!

Highly recommended.

@Tommy @Cicero @Batard @Rick @Mel81x @Bluewolf @IgnisExcubitor @DeadLinesman @Dr. Gonzo

I would love to indulge but I can't get any streams for movies or tv currently.... I will just have to sit this one out sadly

• Subscriber

Watched Chapter 2... loved it even more than the first one and I'm completely sold on the series now.

Putting this under spoilers as many haven't seen it yet probably.

I was so excited when I saw the Jawas taking apart Mando's ship; figured we were on Tatooine and I thought the egg that he was supposed to get to trade with the Jawas would be that of a Krayt Dragon... that didn't happen unfortunately haha but the woolly rhino isn't bad either. The Jawas then devouring the egg later was comedy gold

xD 

Baby Yoda is already so strong in the Force :o It even tried healing Mando's wounds twice before but that proper demonstration was a thousand times better... so we have a very force-sensitive Yoda-species baby wanted by the Kamino scientists who are being backed by the remnants of the Empire. Interesting. I wonder if this connects somehow to Palpatine being alive in the sequels.

Can't wait to see what happens next... 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, nudge said:

Watched Chapter 2... loved it even more than the first one and I'm completely sold on the series now.

Putting this under spoilers as many haven't seen it yet probably.

Hide contents

I was so excited when I saw the Jawas taking apart Mando's ship; figured we were on Tatooine and I thought the egg that he was supposed to get to trade with the Jawas would be that of a Krayt Dragon... that didn't happen unfortunately haha but the woolly rhino isn't bad either. The Jawas then devouring the egg later was comedy gold

xD 

Baby Yoda is already so strong in the Force :o It even tried healing Mando's wounds twice before but that proper demonstration was a thousand times better... so we have a very force-sensitive Yoda-species baby wanted by the Kamino scientists who are being backed by the remnants of the Empire. Interesting. I wonder if this connects somehow to Palpatine being alive in the sequels.

Can't wait to see what happens next... 

Was fun watching the Jawas go after the egg like bunch of junkies haha. The other nice thing was there was minimal dialog in the episode but it all felt very relevant. The force reveal is out now which is good as it would have to been shown later and its better to just get it out of the way. I also liked how the Yoda-spec baby (we have to come up with a short form here) was trying to head Mando and he just kept pushing it away. I suppose at that point you know the baby is going to have a significant part to play in the episode, the title kind of gives it away too I suppose. Whats also interesting besides the Kamino is who was keeping the 50 year old in that place fortified with all the people there as well. I am thinking there is someone who won't be revealed till the final episode of the season while Mando heads back to see what the big fuss is now. 

Credit to @nudge for the internet assist first and foremost that helped me get around a few problems I had getting to watch this.. :twothumbsup:

Top quality episodes ( 1+2 ) I really like the style and pace of it, visually stunning with not overly used but well placed bits of humour dotted throughout... Did seem a bit weird seeing the Jim Henson style creatures in this modern world of CGI but all fits together so well.. The opening episodes did have 'wild west' feel to it which was very enjoyable.. 

I fully expect to see baby Yoda toys on sale around xmas time.. what's not to love about that.. I expect his first words will be " Much to learn, I have.. " 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Hide contents

Was fun watching the Jawas go after the egg like bunch of junkies haha. The other nice thing was there was minimal dialog in the episode but it all felt very relevant. The force reveal is out now which is good as it would have to been shown later and its better to just get it out of the way. I also liked how the Yoda-spec baby (we have to come up with a short form here) was trying to head Mando and he just kept pushing it away. I suppose at that point you know the baby is going to have a significant part to play in the episode, the title kind of gives it away too I suppose. Whats also interesting besides the Kamino is who was keeping the 50 year old in that place fortified with all the people there as well. I am thinking there is someone who won't be revealed till the final episode of the season while Mando heads back to see what the big fuss is now. 

Maybe we can call it Yizmo :D

Because... the similarities and levels of cuteness are striking.

gremlins1.jpg

xD 

5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Credit to @nudge for the internet assist first and foremost that helped me get around a few problems I had getting to watch this.. :twothumbsup:

Top quality episodes ( 1+2 ) I really like the style and pace of it, visually stunning with not overly used but well placed bits of humour dotted throughout... Did seem a bit weird seeing the Jim Henson style creatures in this modern world of CGI but all fits together so well.. The opening episodes did have 'wild west' feel to it which was very enjoyable.. 

I fully expect to see baby Yoda toys on sale around xmas time.. what's not to love about that.. I expect his first words will be " Much to learn, I have.. " 

Glad you enjoyed it too... 

As for the toy - I'm not normally into merchandise much but I'm definitely getting that one if it happens xD 

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

His helmet is bloody useless. Can’t zoom in given he uses a telescope to look through and doesn’t have night vision given he uses a flash light. 

Its just for show xD

Well maybe he's old school and just doesn't like too many gadgets xD 

Nah seriously I think he's kind of just starting out (as revealed in Episode 1 he still hasn't got his signet yet) and will upgrade his armor as the show progresses. I mean just look at the state of his body armor at the very start; all of it bar his helmet is not beskar at all and looks more like some salvaged parts. His helmet doesn't have the attached rangefinder; there's no jetpack either. Whereas in the promos he's sporting a shiny new full Beskar armor so I reckon we'll see him piecing it together gradually bit by bit (just like that pauldron the armorer made for him in the first episode). Sort of like leveling up and acquiring better items in an RPG with side quests xD 

Other than that, their armor has a huge cultural significance to the Mandalorians and is a big part of their identity so it has its use even without all those cool features.

On 15/11/2019 at 05:00, Tommy said:

What the fuck, Taika Waititi voiced IG-11? Mind blown. 

Also directed one of the episodes. Excited I am for that, very much.

@topic

It's frankly great. Slow pace, nice build up (revealing things little by little), visually stunning, short-concise dialogues that are bloody effective, and baby fucking yoga (we are calling him Yoddle in our house). This is more like the old Star Wars movies. 

Must also mention the concept art they are showing during the end credits. Its fabulous.

On a side note, wife and I are ending our conversations (when one of us is telling the other to do something) with 'I have spoken' xD

• Subscriber

I complained about the length of episodes but looking back at it now its a non-issue. Showing too much kind of ruins the whole scene and they're pacing it quite well. The next episode should be good because they now have to introduce more people on the protagonist's side and possibly a villain as well. I might be the only one who likes this but I am loving the fact that they have gone back to the old TV format of an episode a week, I like the op to binge-watch but I think this format gives so much more to people watching in building anticipation and allowing discussion. 

Damn, that series is so good. Loved Chapter 2. The pacing is great, and it certainly felt longer than 30 minutes because it was so entertaining. Also, Baby Yoda is the cutest thing ever. Okay, he did swallow a fucking frog in whole which was kind of disgusting, but still cute. 

• Subscriber

Just watched Chapter 3... What an episode!

The whole Mandalorian clan against the whole bounty hunter Guild; that was epic! The standout was probably my most favourite scene of the series so far. Baby Yoda is obviously the main star of the show though. Was hoping Mando would not give it up so was very happy to see him coming back for it - although predictable, but very enjoyable. Also good to see Mando in his new shiny beskar armour; that happened faster than I expected. Can't wait for him to get one of those jetpacks now that he'd seen it in proper action. Also how cool are the Whistling Birds???

This is really the best Star Wars related stuff since the original trilogy (and the prequels). 

THIS IS THE WAY!

By the way this episode was directed by Deborah Chow who will also direct the upcoming Kenobi mini series so I'd say it is in good hands! 

10 hours ago, nudge said:

Just watched Chapter 3... What an episode!

Reveal hidden contents

The whole Mandalorian clan against the whole bounty hunter Guild; that was epic! The standout was probably my most favourite scene of the series so far. Baby Yoda is obviously the main star of the show though. Was hoping Mando would not give it up so was very happy to see him coming back for it - although predictable, but very enjoyable. Also good to see Mando in his new shiny beskar armour; that happened faster than I expected. Can't wait for him to get one of those jetpacks now that he'd seen it in proper action. Also how cool are the Whistling Birds???

This is really the best Star Wars related stuff since the original trilogy (and the prequels). 

THIS IS THE WAY!

By the way this episode was directed by Deborah Chow who will also direct the upcoming Kenobi mini series so I'd say it is in good hands! 

You always manage to get the jump on me... just watched episode 3 

I might have to find a way to combine " I have spoken" with " This is the way" I reckon I could make that work.. 

Quality episode 'The Sin' and have to say that even if you were not a fan of Star Wars you would be hard pushed not to like this as a stand alone series, Pedro Pascal is the Judge Dredd of the Star Wars universe, never taking his helmet off B| he has a great voice, calm but assertive just perfect for the character.. 

What was that you were saying about his Helmet just being for show @Cicero… :ph34r:

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Cicero said:

Quick question. Where is Boba Fett during this period? 

He's dead and killed by the time this starts as Hans Solo kills him in Return of the Jedi. I think this show is around a decade or maybe less after that trilogy.

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

He's dead and killed by the time this starts as Hans Solo kills him in Return of the Jedi. I think this show is around a decade or maybe less after that trilogy.

Well, first off Han didn’t kill him. He fell into that monster pitt and if you’ve read any of the canon, he managed to escape. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

The events in the Mandalorian take place 5 years after the Return of the Jedi.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Well, first off Han didn’t kill him. He fell into that monster pitt and if you’ve read any of the canon, he managed to escape. 

You mean in the Legends; those pre-Disney stories aren't canon anymore. In the current official canon there's no proper indication of his fate so as of now he might be presumed dead after falling into the Saarlac pit. I have no doubts they'll revive him at some point in the new canon as well though as Lucas has always hinted that Fett didn't die so they'll most likely make it canon again sooner or later as well. In fact in one of the recent new canon novels (Aftermath) there was a story about some travellers coming across a damaged Mandalorian armour in a Jawa's sandcrawler on Tatooine - that might as well be Boba's and that's probably the first hint that he might have survived in the new canon as well. Maybe we'll see that even in this show at some point; or most likely in some new comic series later. If you go by the old Legends stories then at around 9ABY (when the Mandalorian is set) Boba Fett was somewhat in the hiding but taking bounty hunting jobs again.

I think it's also worth mentioning that neither Jango nor Boba Fett were Mandalorians anyway though. They just wore a customised Mandalorian armour.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

You always manage to get the jump on me... just watched episode 3 

I might have to find a way to combine " I have spoken" with " This is the way" I reckon I could make that work.. 

Quality episode 'The Sin' and have to say that even if you were not a fan of Star Wars you would be hard pushed not to like this as a stand alone series, Pedro Pascal is the Judge Dredd of the Star Wars universe, never taking his helmet off B| he has a great voice, calm but assertive just perfect for the character.. 

What was that you were saying about his Helmet just being for show @Cicero… :ph34r:

Watching the new episode is the first thing I do after I wake up on Fridays :D 

24 minutes ago, nudge said:

Watching the new episode is the first thing I do after I wake up on Fridays :D 

I should imagine throwing you a surprise party might be a bit of a deflating experience... 

"SURPRISE!!!" everyone cheering.. 

Nudge… " Yea, Whatever, I knew about this 3 days ago.. " 

39 minutes ago, nudge said:

The events in the Mandalorian take place 5 years after the Return of the Jedi.

You mean in the Legends; those pre-Disney stories aren't canon anymore. In the current official canon there's no proper indication of his fate so as of now he might be presumed dead after falling into the Saarlac pit. I have no doubts they'll revive him at some point in the new canon as well though as Lucas has always hinted that Fett didn't die so they'll most likely make it canon again sooner or later as well. In fact in one of the recent new canon novels (Aftermath) there was a story about some travellers coming across a damaged Mandalorian armour in a Jawa's sandcrawler on Tatooine - that might as well be Boba's and that's probably the first hint that he might have survived in the new canon as well. Maybe we'll see that even in this show at some point; or most likely in some new comic series later. If you go by the old Legends stories then at around 9ABY (when the Mandalorian is set) Boba Fett was somewhat in the hiding but taking bounty hunting jobs again.

I think it's also worth mentioning that neither Jango nor Boba Fett were Mandalorians anyway though. They just wore a customised Mandalorian armour.

I think he's bound to make an appearance at some point. 

And isn't Jango a Mandalorian? And his son Boba is just a clone of him? 

Archived