• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Just watched Chapter 6... Still pretty much a self-contained episode with the main plot not moving forward much (although I was delighted it was over 40 minutes long!) but it's a great one. Action-packed; interesting characters and some more nostalgic Easter eggs. One of my favourite episodes so far. 

Baby Yoda looking at his hand thinking he blew up the droid was so cute! xD The X-Wings... The shot of Mando coming up behind Bill Burr with the flashing red lights was amazing and reminded me of the Vader scene in Rogue One. The mercenary crew characters were very very well done overall. All were instantly unlikeable and the Twi'Lek was especially annoying but I hated them all passionately from the very start. Aaaand there's a Gungan joke xD Also the music has been nothing short of amazing.

I still hope to see a bit more in terms of the main plot progressing but I accept that the show is more procedural in its nature. I hope that means we get at least 5 seasons of it xD 

Also whoever made this is a genius:

xD 

That was sort of a commercial kinda episode, which should satisfy people who were hoping for some action. Had enough interesting bits to enjoy. Nice fight sequence with the five-six droids, but the bit with Mando sneaking up on Bill Burr was top notch brilliant.

Reckon those three will cross paths with Mando again.

Another great episode. It's a bit like Mando is doing side quests though instead of focusing on the main story, but I won't complain. It was very action packed and entertaining. And Baby Yoda keeps being the cutest :x

• Subscriber

Mando is like a die hard Metal Gear fan in this show. They do all the side quests rack up over 90hrs of game play then finally go fight the metal gear.  

Loving it so far. I likes the way in which he dispatched the crew aboard the ship and I really wished he had put them to bed instead of leaving them alive. But I think Favreau wants him to build enough enemies to run into season 2 and it keeps the story going. It also leaves me to wonder about what the cliffhanger for the season is going to be. 

My favourite part of this episode was how he totally takes the piss out of Jar Jar

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Mando is like a die hard Metal Gear fan in this show. They do all the side quests rack up over 90hrs of game play then finally go fight the metal gear.  

Loving it so far. I likes the way in which he dispatched the crew aboard the ship and I really wished he had put them to bed instead of leaving them alive. But I think Favreau wants him to build enough enemies to run into season 2 and it keeps the story going. It also leaves me to wonder about what the cliffhanger for the season is going to be. 

My favourite part of this episode was how he totally takes the piss out of Jar Jar

Most probably Mando loses Baby Yoda to the mystery cape character, or gets seriously injured - or both those things. 

I also have a weird feeling that Bill Burr's character will turn in the following seasons, and end up sacrificing himself to protect Baby Yoda. 

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Most probably Mando loses Baby Yoda to the mystery cape character, or gets seriously injured - or both those things. 

I also have a weird feeling that Bill Burr's character will turn in the following seasons, and end up sacrificing himself to protect Baby Yoda. 

I think that might actually be true about Bill's character. He did show some affinity to the character.

• Subscriber

Chapter 7. What an episode! :o 

The shit finally hit the fan.

I was one of those who were worried a bit about the main story not moving forward but Chapter 7 surely delivered!
Moff Gideon, the deathtroopers, the TIE landing just blew me away.
Love how Mando assembled the team together but I hope Kuill isn't gone forever :(  Such a wise and rich character. Hopefully IG will revenge him and save the day. A bit sad to see Werner Herzog's character gone as well; thought he's fantastic.
The Kid using the force choke was amazing if a bit chilling. We also finally get to see his force healing abilities. Love it.

I also suspected they'd end Season 1 with a cliffhanger where Mando loses the baby but I'm glad there will be more to come in the finale! When does Chapter 8 come out? Friday after Christmas? 

Just finished Chapter 7. Truly amazing. 

I really hope Kuill isn't dead, but it looked that way. He was such a straight up and likable character

:( And yea, seeing Baby Yoda using the force choke was indeed a bit worrying, but he redeemed himself with the force heal. All we know is that it's VERY powerful. 

Amazing series.

Also, Gina Carano gives me all kinds of funny feelings in this. She looks VERY different than she looked 10 years ago when she was still full on MMA, but she looks so attractive in this show. If I had to choose between killing her or Baby Yoda, it'd be a close call. Just kidding. Baby Yoda's still the cutest. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Pretty decent cliffhanger though... hoping the ending is not as tragic as it initially seems... 

Hope Baby Yoda force chokes them all.

That will bring him to the dark side and in Season Two we'll see him usurping the New Republic and taking the reins of the Universe as the new Emperor :4_joy:

Just now, nudge said:

Hope Baby Yoda force chokes them all.

That will bring him to the dark side and in Season Two we'll see him usurping the New Republic and taking the reins of the Universe as the new Emperor :4_joy:

It did have hints of Darth Vader about that scene didn't it... 

Darth Yoda??? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It did have hints of Darth Vader about that scene didn't it... 

Darth Yoda??? 

Yep that scene was a bit chilling... 

Darth Yoda; I like that. New trilogy incoming for sure xD 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yep that scene was a bit chilling... 

Darth Yoda; I like that. New trilogy incoming for sure xD 

Star Wars expert in our house said that Yoda did experiment with the dark side, before leaving it. 

@topic

Really good episode. And yeah, Deborah Chow is brilliant. 

Also, happy to see Esposito as Gideon. 

Archived