• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Back to the series: after the introduction of Moff Gideon character in the latest episode, it's now clear that he was not the mysterious person in the Tatooine (as that person wore spurs whereas Moff Gideon doesn't). This makes me think it will be the big reveal in the season finale maybe?

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Cicero said:

Since a picture of Vader is shown in the intro of each episode, along with several others and Mando himself....can we expect a Vader Series???

Think that may hinge on the success of an Obi-Wan series which I think is going to be a big hit going by how they've got this one rolling. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Cicero said:

Since a picture of Vader is shown in the intro of each episode, along with several others and Mando himself....can we expect a Vader Series???

One can dream! 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Think that may hinge on the success of an Obi-Wan series which I think is going to be a big hit going by how they've got this one rolling. 

Judging from the two Mandalorian episodes that Deborah Chow directed, I'm fairly certain it's in save hands! 

Honestly hope to see more series in the future. The format is a perfect fit for the Star Wars universe. 

On 06/12/2019 at 08:10, nudge said:

Hide contents

That said - we're on Tatooine!

:o Just hearing the name Mos Eisley on the comms made me excited. The twin suns, the Cantina, the pit droids, Tusken raiders with Banthas, the dewback, a scoundrel in the Cantina, speeder bikes, a space shootout... but the biggest one came right at the end of the episode. Could it be... Boba Fett??? :o Or is it more likely Moff Gideon (Esposito's character from the trailers)? 

I think it actually may be Boba Fett. O.o

A. Who else would go after a very dangerous bounty?

B. This is what did it for me. There is a scene in A New Hope where when Han is meeting Jabba, Boba Fett comes into frame. You can hear some unique beeping sounds coming off his armor. Now watch that ending scene in Chapter 5. Same beeping sounds! 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I think it actually may be Boba Fett. O.o

A. Who else would go after a very dangerous bounty?

B. This is what did it for me. There is a scene in A New Hope where when Han is meeting Jabba, Boba Fett comes into frame. You can hear some unique beeping sounds coming off his armor. Now watch that ending scene in Chapter 5. Same beeping sounds! 

That would be quite a reveal! And a good way to make Boba Fett's survival in the Sarlaac pit part of the canon again. Not sure I want that to be him but I'm really intrigued now.

Good stuff noticing the beeping sounds; I'll have to check it out! Originally it sounded to me like the mystery character in Chapter 5 was wearing spurs but that might as well have been something else.

• Subscriber

Just watched the finale... Mind blown :o I thought I watched an hour and half movie; it was absolutely amazing. A proper way to end a season. So much going on and so many revelations!

Has someone else watched it yet??? I'm too excited and I need to discuss things!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Just watched the finale... Mind blown :o I thought I watched an hour and half movie; it was absolutely amazing. A proper way to end a season. So much going on and so many revelations!

Has someone else watched it yet??? I'm too excited and I need to discuss things!

Yeah I enjoyed it. A little annoyed no big reveal from Mr.You Know Who from the end of Chapter 5, but for a story as good as this I am willing to be patient. 

So Mandalorian's aren't actually a race. It's a Creed! 

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah I enjoyed it. A little annoyed no big reveal from Mr.You Know Who from the end of Chapter 5, but for a story as good as this I am willing to be patient. 

So Mandalorian's aren't actually a race. It's a Creed! 

I thought it was epic. One of the best season finales I ever seen.

Best/most interesting bits for me:

We get to know the Mandalorian's name and see his face; also learn all of his backstory.We learn that Cara Dune comes from Alderaan.
IG-11 making Mando trust - and care for - droids and sacrificing itself with an epic heroic death that saves everyone.
The Armorer taking out the entire group of Stormtroopers with just her tools.
Mando getting his signet (The Clan of Two!) and his jetpack.
A lot of information revealed about the Mandalorians and finally made or confirmed to be a part of the new canon (Mandalorians confirmed to be a creed, Mandalorian/Jedi war from the Old Republic, the Great Purge, the Night of 1000 Tears, Moff Gideon leading the massacre of the Mandalorians as an Imperial Security Bureau officer who was supposed to have been executed for war crimes)
Baby Yoda pushing back the flames of a flame thrower.
Baby Yoda being acknowledged as a foundling and Mando being tasked with taking care of him and bringing him to "those of his kind" ("enemy sorcerers" haha) - probably meaning that we're going to have Mando looking for the new Jedi in the Core Worlds in Season Two??? 
And last but not the least - Moff Gideon coming out of the crash alive and standing on the TIE fighter holding a DARKSABER!!!

• Subscriber

Quite liked it. Didn't like that they started to cram so much into one episode but I suppose it was required to bring everything together the way they did. 

Gideon is a strange character in all of this. He has a Mandalorean weapon and is after a force-being. This just screams of a master-apprentice combination of some kind. 

I did like that they didn't reveal the big baddie and I highly doubt its Moff. 

Note: If you're into SW nerdy stuff, the group of Mandarlorians who save Din as a child are "Death Watch" and that is very key to the fact that they were also the clan whose leader wielded the Darksaber so its possible that Mando will have more motive to get the weapon back when he finds out that Gideon has it.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Also, in awe of Armourer. Cool as fuck character. Hope we see more of her in season two. 

I like how she leveled Mando up in little pieces. Here’s your jet pack, here’s your sigil, induct the little one and oh while you’re at it here’s all the ammo you’ll need as well. 

Gotta love the balls on the character as well to go full OldBoy on that group of stormtroopers.  For anyone who hasn't seen that awesome corridor fight sequence.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Quite liked it. Didn't like that they started to cram so much into one episode but I suppose it was required to bring everything together the way they did. 

Gideon is a strange character in all of this. He has a Mandalorean weapon and is after a force-being. This just screams of a master-apprentice combination of some kind. 

I did like that they didn't reveal the big baddie and I highly doubt its Moff. 

Note: If you're into SW nerdy stuff, the group of Mandarlorians who save Din as a child are "Death Watch" and that is very key to the fact that they were also the clan whose leader wielded the Darksaber so its possible that Mando will have more motive to get the weapon back when he finds out that Gideon has it.

To add to that, the Armorer's helmet is clearly a tribute and a reference to the Zabraks/Darth Maul making their connection to the Death Watch even more obvious.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Also forgot to comment on this part - I think Moff Gideon/whoever's behind him wants the Yodling for cloning in order to consolidate power and rebuild the empire. This theory appears to be partially supported by the presence of the scientist from the Kamino cloning facility. I would really love to see Thrawn being the mastermind behind all that; that's probably unlikely though. Or if Moff Gideon turns out to be the main villain, maybe he seeks a force-being in order to somehow find the way to get force powers for himself?

I also have another wild theory but it's related to the new movie so I won't post anything in order not to spoil anything haha...

Archived